Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

AI vs AI

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Pike & Shot Series >> AI vs AI Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
AI vs AI - 3/16/2016 2:08:14 AM   
buttonjock

Is it possible to set the AI to play against itsel? The reason I ask is that I'm thinking of using this for resolving battles in my own strategic PBEM CAMPAIGN. I am the moderator, with up to 8 players submitting simultaneous moves to me to resolve. Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: AI vs AI - 3/16/2016 9:37:18 AM   
rbodleyscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: buttonjock

Is it possible to set the AI to play against itsel? The reason I ask is that I'm thinking of using this for resolving battles in my own strategic PBEM CAMPAIGN. I am the moderator, with up to 8 players submitting simultaneous moves to me to resolve. Thanks

Unfortunately not. But you could of course get the players to play out the battles using the Multiplayer system.

(in reply to buttonjock)
Post #: 2
RE: AI vs AI - 3/16/2016 8:49:33 PM   
buttonjock

Thank you, however that may be a problem. It's partly a time issue for the players, which is why I run it the way I do, otherwise we'd play it out on the table top, plus they'd all have to have a copy of the game. There's also a couple of younger members who are ok on the strategic level I use, but would probably be flogged on regular basis tactically by some of the grognards in our group.

Thanks for replying though, Mr Scott, much appreciated.

(in reply to rbodleyscott)
Post #: 3
RE: AI vs AI - 3/17/2016 8:20:56 AM   
rbodleyscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: buttonjock

Thank you, however that may be a problem. It's partly a time issue for the players, which is why I run it the way I do, otherwise we'd play it out on the table top, plus they'd all have to have a copy of the game. There's also a couple of younger members who are ok on the strategic level I use, but would probably be flogged on regular basis tactically by some of the grognards in our group.

Thanks for replying though, Mr Scott, much appreciated.

One solution then might be to to find one player who is both roughly equal to your skill and willing to play the battles out fairly quickly (and of course possesses the game), and then you and he fight out the battles on behalf of everyone else.

(in reply to buttonjock)
Post #: 4
RE: AI vs AI - 3/19/2016 9:36:33 AM   
buttonjock

Apologies for the delay in replying.

That's a possible option. Would be best with someone not involved in the campaign.

I could also give them the initial set up, they give me orders, and I solo play it.

Thanks for your input.

(in reply to rbodleyscott)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Pike & Shot Series >> AI vs AI Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI