Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Fuels and Supplies for Panzer/Motorized Divisions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Fuels and Supplies for Panzer/Motorized Divisions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Fuels and Supplies for Panzer/Motorized Divisions - 6/13/2016 3:39:13 PM   
bin618

I always push my panzer/motorized divisions deep into soviet control area, ahead of other units and far away from the railroad heads. How can I provide these units with enough fuels and supplies? How can I make the infantry divisions in the same corp of the panzer/motorized divisions keep up with these units? Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Fuels and Supplies for Panzer/Motorized Divisions - 6/14/2016 12:45:21 AM   
Hunter63

You should not have infantry divisions in same Corp as panzers number one.

The logistics part of the game is key as in RL.

HQBU helps, fuel drops to Corp HQ or units helps.

A solid plan for your rail repair units is also needed.

There are many very good threads on forums that address these issue, most are old as most of the old timers have moved on to other games.

(in reply to bin618)
Post #: 2
RE: Fuels and Supplies for Panzer/Motorized Divisions - 6/14/2016 1:13:58 AM   
Michael T

quote:

as most of the old timers have moved on to other games

And some have come back as the other games did not deliver

(in reply to Hunter63)
Post #: 3
RE: Fuels and Supplies for Panzer/Motorized Divisions - 6/14/2016 12:42:28 PM   
bin618

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hunter63

You should not have infantry divisions in same Corp as panzers number one.

The logistics part of the game is key as in RL.

HQBU helps, fuel drops to Corp HQ or units helps.

A solid plan for your rail repair units is also needed.

There are many very good threads on forums that address these issue, most are old as most of the old timers have moved on to other games.

Thank you Hunter63. Do you mean I should reassign the infantry divisions in a panzor corp to other unit?

< Message edited by bin618 -- 6/14/2016 12:45:49 PM >

(in reply to Hunter63)
Post #: 4
RE: Fuels and Supplies for Panzer/Motorized Divisions - 6/14/2016 1:15:29 PM   
Commanderski

quote:

Do you mean I should reassign the infantry divisions in a panzor corp to other unit?

Yes, you should reassign any Infantry units in a Panzer Corps to an Infantry Corps. Infantry units in a Panzer Corps cannot keep up with the rest of the units and will be out of command and supply range very quickly.

(in reply to bin618)
Post #: 5
RE: Fuels and Supplies for Panzer/Motorized Divisions - 6/14/2016 1:22:19 PM   
bin618

quote:

ORIGINAL: Commanderski

quote:

Do you mean I should reassign the infantry divisions in a panzor corp to other unit?

Yes, you should reassign any Infantry units in a Panzer Corps to an Infantry Corps. Infantry units in a Panzer Corps cannot keep up with the rest of the units and will be out of command and supply range very quickly.

Thanks Commanderski

(in reply to Commanderski)
Post #: 6
RE: Fuels and Supplies for Panzer/Motorized Divisions - 6/15/2016 11:42:13 PM   
Hunter63

Also do not move your AB's and Army HQs unless you have to.

Follow some of MT's AAR's as can be seen in them the logistics system has allot of extra fuel in it.

Sapper and Pelton have allot also.

Choas has a great thread on the Red Army side of things.

At its base its about trucks/fuel and things that use fuel/supplies.

Its a very simple equation, but I only see a handful of people who understand it.

If you play WitW it all boils down to the very same equation.

It took me years of playing and reading forums to understand this simple equation.

Normandy to Germany in 6 turns same as Germany to Leningrad.

Can't wait to get my hands on WitE 2.0 :)

(in reply to bin618)
Post #: 7
RE: Fuels and Supplies for Panzer/Motorized Divisions - 6/16/2016 3:51:23 AM   
Farfarer61

Well, if you are stuck attacking swamps or cities, a couple infantry divs in a Pz Corps are fine. Also, use the Inf to attack, with Pz/Mot in Offensive reserve to good effect.
Another weird effect, for 42 43, is that Inf Divs in Pz Corps often have higher CV, than if they were in Inf Corp, even with similar leaders and Corps SU.

Other tip. Your Mountain Divisions should have 3 Assault Gun battalions each, or maybe a pioneer, and you get Mountain Blizzard Panzer Grenadiers sort of.

(in reply to Hunter63)
Post #: 8
RE: Fuels and Supplies for Panzer/Motorized Divisions - 6/16/2016 12:18:26 PM   
Manstein63

quote:

ORIGINAL: Commanderski

That is unless you are fully on the defensive then its probably a good idea to have a couple of infantry divisions in the front line to soak up the Soviet attacks with the Panzer's sitting behind in reserve mode & to be available to deal with any breakthroughs that may occur. Most Panzer Corp commanders also have a good infantry rating as well as a high mech rating, so try to make sure that the ratings for both of these is no lower than 7 for mech & 6 for infantry, another thing is to make sure that the leader in question has as high a admin & a moral rating as is possible as this will aid with reserve activation's.

Manstein63

'There is not, nor aught there be, nothing so exalted on the face of god's great earth, as that prince of foods. THE MUFFIN!!!'

Frank Zappa (Muffin Man)

(in reply to bin618)
Post #: 9
RE: Fuels and Supplies for Panzer/Motorized Divisions - 6/30/2016 12:50:34 AM   
Balou

quote:

another thing is to make sure that the leader in question has as high a admin & a moral rating as is possible as this will aid with reserve activation's.

Manstein63

Always thought that iniative rating (instead of morale rating) triggers reserve activation.

(in reply to Manstein63)
Post #: 10
RE: Fuels and Supplies for Panzer/Motorized Divisions - 6/30/2016 12:53:31 AM   
Peltonx

quote:

ORIGINAL: Balou

quote:

another thing is to make sure that the leader in question has as high a admin & a moral rating as is possible as this will aid with reserve activation's.

Manstein63

Always thought that iniative rating (instead of morale rating) triggers reserve activation.

+1 IR

Beta Tester WitW & WitE

(in reply to Balou)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Fuels and Supplies for Panzer/Motorized Divisions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI