Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) is evolving...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) is evolving... Page: <<   < prev  6 7 8 9 [10]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 7/2/2018 8:54:28 AM   
BrianJH

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

I shall attempt elucidation on the matter. (as my statement about still can't use was misleading - should have said "still can't use after passing 32")

RAW7 = no US CP usage (except for China) until Option 32 is passed. Option 32 says the US may use its own CPs. So, reasonably, you need to pass Option 32 and then all lends can be carried by US CPs. But the chain must be entirely US CPs end-to-end because a neutral and an active can't share CP pipelines. You could have FREX a parallel CP pipeline of 2 CW and 2 US CPs in each sea zone, taking 4 BPs to Russia once Russia is active.

RAW8 = by stating option 38 is needed (in 15, 19, 27 and 30) before you can use US CPs; the rules have been significantly muddied. 38 doesn't say anything about using US CPs. So to do so, do you need to pass 32 and 38 or just 38? What good would 32 be by itself? If you passed only 38 you'd likely have arguments when you started using US CPs for those lends. This is why I think it was an attempted clarification but there's a typo of '38' in place of '32'.

In any event, you still can't "hand-off" those lends within a CP pipeline, while the US is neutral. Not sure everyone realizes that.

Thanks Paul, yes that summarizes the issues the way I see things as well. With the way the rule is written now, I can but only presume people will be using their own house rules to make this workable until something official comes out.

I'll be playing it pretty much along the lines that the mention of 'Option 38' is a misprint, and play it as though 'Option 32' was the intended prerequisite and extending this prerequisite to options 19, 27 and 30 as well.

Brian.

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 271
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 7/3/2018 4:47:46 PM   
Grotius

So the main issue is a typo in US entry option 15 -- it should say 32 instead of 38? If that's it, perhaps we should pass it on to Harry/ADG?

I looked in the most recent errata and didn't find this issue addressed. An unrelated issue is addressed, though:

quote:

13.3.2, US entry option 32 – To attack US convoys the Axis unit must be at war with the potential recipient (not just
active).

Post #: 272
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 7/3/2018 8:39:27 PM   
paulderynck

The jury may still be out. The website says the current living rules are being typeset and will be re-posted soon.

Paul

(in reply to Grotius)
Post #: 273
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 7/4/2018 5:46:25 AM   
Grotius

OK; I can wait. I won't get to any of those USE options anytime soon. I'm just starting the first turn of my first solitaire game with the Collector's Edition. :)

Post #: 274
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 7/22/2018 10:36:42 AM   
RFalvo69

30 mins of unboxing here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jJ2rHJWcnE&t=694s

"Yes darling, I served in the Navy for eight years. I was a cook..."
"Oh dad... so you were a God-damned cook?"

(My 10 years old daughter after watching "The Hunt for Red October")

(in reply to Grotius)
Post #: 275
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 7/23/2018 12:22:07 AM   
Neilster

quote:

ORIGINAL: RFalvo69

And for some reason wargaming has a reputation as being a hobby for out-of-shape nerds with poor social skills

This is why I tend to keep my interest in military history/wargaming quiet, especially from women.

I usually go with, "I'm a big history buff", which is neutral and makes one sound somewhat interesting. "I love re-fighting WW2 battles in excruciating detail", is not so endearing to the fairer sex

Cheers, Neilster

(in reply to RFalvo69)
Post #: 276
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 7/23/2018 6:55:05 AM   
paulderynck

Or to put it another way, when you say "wargamer", be careful how you pronounce "war".

Paul

(in reply to Neilster)
Post #: 277
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 7/23/2018 12:44:08 PM   
RFalvo69

quote:

ORIGINAL: Neilster

quote:

ORIGINAL: RFalvo69

And for some reason wargaming has a reputation as being a hobby for out-of-shape nerds with poor social skills

I must confess that I posted the link before watching the whole video. Boy, it turned out to be terminally dull

Now that I do have my copy (only the "Deluxe" package with the WWII expansions - I'm not interested in Patton in Flames etc.) I could do a better job by filming my unwrapping with my iPhone.

"Yes darling, I served in the Navy for eight years. I was a cook..."
"Oh dad... so you were a God-damned cook?"

(My 10 years old daughter after watching "The Hunt for Red October")

(in reply to Neilster)
Post #: 278
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 7/26/2018 12:41:18 PM   
ezzler

I will shortly be putting my Patton in Flames up on ebay.
I'm pretty sure its unopened.

(in reply to RFalvo69)
Post #: 279
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 7/27/2018 4:55:35 AM   
Sabre21

My copy of the Collector's Edition Deluxe came on Tuesday and today 3 of us sat down and played just the battle for Poland in 39 from the Global War campaign. Next week we're doing the Guadalcanal scenario to look over the naval and naval air rules in more detail. I've seen lots of little changes, some not so little from version 7.

I do like what they did with the offensive chits making them more flexible in their use. The new oil rules too are pretty involved, more bookkeeping to do each turn keeping track of your oil every impulse.

Also so many changes in the options. It's going to take us a few weeks to get a handle on all of this.

(in reply to ezzler)
Post #: 280
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 11/30/2018 9:27:47 AM   
Joseignacio

One guy has taken the effort to compile the main changes (from the WIFlist, thanks to Del and Steven Adamo):

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cT5cXtLipes97U8mQkP4TtyB-toDNLV8rRRU1Rp30SY/edit?usp=sharing

There are some details not exact or forgotten, but it seems it's like 99% of it.

< Message edited by Joseignacio -- 11/30/2018 9:28:47 AM >

(in reply to Sabre21)
Post #: 281
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 1/18/2019 9:13:27 PM   
warspite1

I see CounterSheet 55 is out at last - missed that, but now ordered Now where are the hard mounted Scandi maps?

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to Joseignacio)
Post #: 282
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 1/18/2019 9:16:13 PM   
paulderynck

Apparently they are "in production" as we type. That was the answer I got awhile back so it's hard to say how long that will be their status.

Edit: Mind you the off-map boxes in CE seem to be better than in the previous version, so I'm not sure I will get the Scandi maps and the kickstarter failed to reach the goal needed for hard mounted Africa - again mitigated by better off-map boxes.

< Message edited by paulderynck -- 1/18/2019 9:18:58 PM >

Paul

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 283
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 1/18/2019 9:23:19 PM   
Falken

I did get the Countersheet 2 weeks ago. Have to admit, it took me a while to find the "exact" ones to replace. Take your time. I hard a hard time finding a few until I realized that it was the "year" that was changed. Since I sort all my counters by year, it didn't dawn on me for awhile that I might have to look at other years to find it.

Quite a few new ones as well. Good quality as always. It's just one countersheet, but it is 100 counters that have to replaced

Post #: 284
RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) ... - 1/19/2019 4:47:34 PM   
paulderynck

There's an explanation for the counters on CS55 in the downloads section of the ADG website.

There's been a lot of discussion on the forums from people who feel the German air force is not "beefy" enough in 1940 versus the combined CW/France air forces. Not sure the designer feels the same way but he did suggest you could use both the old (i.e. the original CE version "old" which would normally be replaced) and new German plane counters (or maybe just some of them) if you feel there's a balance issue there. You'd still have to have the BPs to build any not drawn for set-up, of course, so something else would not get built.

< Message edited by paulderynck -- 1/19/2019 4:51:21 PM >

Paul

(in reply to Falken)
Post #: 285
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 8 9 [10]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: In case someone is interested on how WIF (no MWIF) is evolving... Page: <<   < prev  6 7 8 9 [10]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI