Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Hokushin-ron/Northern Road NJP72 vs TiemanJ

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Hokushin-ron/Northern Road NJP72 vs TiemanJ Page: <<   < prev  3 4 5 6 [7]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Hokushin-ron/Northern Road NJP72 vs TiemanJ - 4/1/2017 7:01:54 AM   
njp72

The situation has deteriorated very quickly at Calcutta or should I say Calingrad.

To date based off the combat reports approximately 650 Allied squads have been destroyed (mostly Indian I suspect) and a lot of kit. Japanese losses would be a quarter of that but the forts are now zero and the Allies are intensifying their attacks.

At this stage I would usually try to commence an emergency evac but having been used to the late slaughter of 45 on multiple occasions, I have become more hardened to losses.

An emergency convoy was put together and the 4th ID was now committed to the battle. Of course it was meant by swarms of allied fighter bombers and mass airbattles once again took place.

Below was about the 9th wave to attack my shipping.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 181
RE: Hokushin-ron/Northern Road NJP72 vs TiemanJ - 4/1/2017 7:07:40 AM   
njp72

The butchers bill was 2 x Aks sunk outright and about 5 moderate to heavily damaged.

The Allies lost close to 100 aircraft versus 60 to the Empire. Not a bad day but we have shot our bolt a bit here. The 4Es play havoc with the airfield at Calcutta and there is now close to 100 disabled IJA/IJN fighter aircraft stranded at the base.

Mini KB is parked outside and lending its CAP where it can to bulk up the struggling air defence. Sweeps by P38s and spitfires are gradually taking their toll as well.

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 182
RE: Hokushin-ron/Northern Road NJP72 vs TiemanJ - 4/1/2017 9:40:05 AM   
obvert

quote:

ORIGINAL: njp72

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lowpe

Your Manchuko garrison is only 11.5K AV; is that enough for Japan.

My goodness your vehicle production is sky high!

I believe the garrison should be fine. Once Chungking falls the IJA will commence massing back in Manchuria.

I love my vehicles and last game I needed every one of them fighting the Ruskies.

It doesn't take much to fall back to page 2 these days!

Tell me about it!!

So. About Russia. You may have been through this a bit in the past, but do you have a plan for where to hit first? I just noticed in my Allied game that Vlad has level 9 starting forts!

So that seems off the table, and I'd imagine cutting the rail to start well North would be a no brainer. Since you have experience here love to hear what you'd do this time.

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 183
RE: Hokushin-ron/Northern Road NJP72 vs TiemanJ - 4/1/2017 11:45:17 AM   
njp72

quote:

ORIGINAL: obvert

quote:

ORIGINAL: njp72

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lowpe

Your Manchuko garrison is only 11.5K AV; is that enough for Japan.

My goodness your vehicle production is sky high!

I believe the garrison should be fine. Once Chungking falls the IJA will commence massing back in Manchuria.

I love my vehicles and last game I needed every one of them fighting the Ruskies.

It doesn't take much to fall back to page 2 these days!

Tell me about it!!

So. About Russia. You may have been through this a bit in the past, but do you have a plan for where to hit first? I just noticed in my Allied game that Vlad has level 9 starting forts!

So that seems off the table, and I'd imagine cutting the rail to start well North would be a no brainer. Since you have experience here love to hear what you'd do this time.

Hi Obvert

My plan with Russia is not getting tied down or focused on any one static position. I want to draw the Ruskies out and inflict heavy losses on their ground and air forces. The battlefield is vast and my resources limited so occupying terrain can be rather pointless unless there critical blocking positions.

I think the key is to make them bleed without being stuck in an attritional slugfest outside one of those monster positions.

Hopefully I can get started in a couple of months but India and China are causing me a few problems.

I will develop some maps prior to jump off and post them.

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 184
RE: Hokushin-ron/Northern Road NJP72 vs TiemanJ - 4/1/2017 3:56:06 PM   
obvert

So is the point to gain VPs?

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 185
RE: Hokushin-ron/Northern Road NJP72 vs TiemanJ - 4/1/2017 9:37:39 PM   
njp72

quote:

ORIGINAL: obvert

So is the point to gain VPs?

Yep absolutely

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 186
RE: Hokushin-ron/Northern Road NJP72 vs TiemanJ - 4/1/2017 11:46:09 PM   
njp72

Well the arrival of the 4th ID managed to slow the Allies down for approximately 3 days at Calcutta.

The next inf division was cancelled as a reinforcement and they can probably thank their lucky digital stars for that decision. The emergency evacuations started immediately with elements of 2 x inf divisions rescued off the port but unfortunately Jeff caught the third and smashed it.

Approximately 40K of Japanese troops will perish in the next week or so. The overall damage to the Allies is hard to calculate without getting access to his pools but it was a very vicious battle with the losses for both sides very high.

Ouch- the poor 53rd Inf div didn't quite get away!!!!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 187
RE: Hokushin-ron/Northern Road NJP72 vs TiemanJ - 4/2/2017 2:05:23 AM   
njp72

Alas the end of Calcutta- late Feb 43.

The Chinese unit is quite impressive!

The question is does he continue his advance and swing up the coast or head back and deal with Madras and Bombay????

Attachment (1)

(in reply to njp72)
Post #: 188
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 5 6 [7]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Hokushin-ron/Northern Road NJP72 vs TiemanJ Page: <<   < prev  3 4 5 6 [7]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI