Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: BTS--BTSL 4.3

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> RE: BTS--BTSL 4.3 Page: <<   < prev  23 24 [25] 26 27   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: BTS--BTSL 4.3 - 10/5/2017 8:40:48 PM   
Kitakami

One question: did you change the upgrade paths for the Japanese floatplane units? There were a few I would have changed only because then all units of the same type/based in the same ship type would have the same paths.

< Message edited by Kitakami -- 10/5/2017 8:44:15 PM >

Tenno Heika Banzai!

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 721
RE: BTS--BTSL 4.3 - 10/5/2017 10:23:11 PM   
John 3rd

Explain perty please...

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/

(in reply to Kitakami)
Post #: 722
RE: BTS--BTSL 4.3 - 10/5/2017 11:23:12 PM   
Kitakami

quote:

ORIGINAL: John 3rd
Explain perty please...

These were a few questions I made some time ago. Not a must, but still these feel... odd:

- Kiyokawa Maru-2 and Sanyo Maru-2 are the only 2 (out of 10) at-start AV FP units that can’t upgrade to the Rufe. Perhaps they should be allowed to upgrade?
- Ishitaka-1 is the only one (out of 6) at-start BC FP unit that can be upgraded to the Rufe. Perhaps it would be better if all or none are allowed to upgrade?
- CA Chishima, Yoshino, and Seiki’s FP units are reversed in comparison to the other CA FP units; Number 1 can upgrade to the Rufe, and number 2 can’t. For neatness’ sake, perhaps it would be better to have them the other way around?
- Aoba-1 is the only unit that can be upgraded to the Rufe in the Aoba and Furutaka classes. Perhaps it should be the same in all four ships, either yes or no?
- 19th KuT-1 is the only at-start land FP unit equipped with the Pete not able to upgrade to the Rufe. Perhaps it should be able to?

As I wrote above, nothing critical. It is my OCD that makes me want to have everything nice and neat (as if the IJN could be nice and neat).

Cheers,

Kitakami

Tenno Heika Banzai!

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 723
RE: BTS--BTSL 4.3 - 10/5/2017 11:49:43 PM   
John 3rd

Got it. Will check it out.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to Kitakami)
Post #: 724
RE: BTS--BTSL 4.3 - 10/6/2017 2:23:04 AM   
John 3rd

OK. Kitakami's analness is now taken care of. I know this will help him sleep tonight...

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 725
RE: BTS--BTSL 4.3 - 10/6/2017 2:24:39 AM   
Kitakami

Thank you very much! :)

Tenno Heika Banzai!

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 726
RE: BTS--BTSL 4.3 - 10/6/2017 3:52:34 AM   
John 3rd

Will upload the files tomorrow.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to Kitakami)
Post #: 727
OFFICIAL Release BTS/BTSL 4.5 - 10/6/2017 4:45:11 PM   
John 3rd

OK. Have fun gang. The Mods are uploaded and ready for play.

I consider this the OFFICIAL release of the two Mods so if we find problems I'll work on them but REALLY players to download and get some games going.

HAVE FUN!

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 728
RE: OFFICIAL Release BTS/BTSL 4.5 - 10/6/2017 4:51:21 PM   
John 3rd

Do we have anyone planning on starting a match fairly soon? I seem to remember that Kitakami was planning on one...

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 729
RE: OFFICIAL Release BTS/BTSL 4.5 - 10/6/2017 4:55:20 PM   
Kitakami

Yes, I am planning to start a game with Falken. This time I have asked him to play the Japanese, so I can play the Allies for a change of pace. We will see if it happens. I do want to play the Allies for a change.

Will keep you updated as to how the game goes!

Tenno Heika Banzai!

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 730
RE: OFFICIAL Release BTS/BTSL 4.5 - 10/6/2017 5:17:43 PM   
John 3rd

Great! Will you do an AAR?

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to Kitakami)
Post #: 731
RE: OFFICIAL Release BTS/BTSL 4.5 - 10/6/2017 6:32:16 PM   
Falken

Hi guys,

Ok... will re-download the latest versions, and start looking at turn 1. Kitakami, this will take me a bit of time (1-2 weeks minimal) to get turn 1 sorted out. Not only do I need to do my normal 3000 steps :), but need to understand what's changed to modify my turn 1.

Kitakami, after tonight, any change to the mods will hopefully update the db if needed, and won't need a restart. I will not have the heart to start it again :( if needed.

Kitakami, will send screenshots of the settings in a few minutes to your email. Please reply by tonight if there is any setting that you disagree with.

Thanks

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 732
RE: OFFICIAL Release BTS/BTSL 4.5 - 10/6/2017 6:42:26 PM   
Kitakami

@John:

I like AAR's, but they take far too long to do properly. I might do a comments thread, though. Something where my thoughts regarding the mod can be written, most of all. Of course, I am sure I will also write about how the war is going, but nothing too detailed.

@Falken:

I understand about restarts. Japanese turn 1 is a beast, especially if it is a new scenario. No restarts is fine with me.
Also, don't tell me if it is BtS or BtS Lite. Make it a surprise.

@All:

It is good to be back. And to all who worked in the mod, domou arigatou gozaimashita!!!

Tenno Heika Banzai!

(in reply to Falken)
Post #: 733
RE: OFFICIAL Release BTS/BTSL 4.5 - 10/6/2017 7:03:56 PM   
BillBrown

Falken, I might suggest you start a game( do no orders) end it and send it to Kitakami and make sure when he loads it there are not exe or map errors reported.

(in reply to Kitakami)
Post #: 734
RE: OFFICIAL Release BTS/BTSL 4.5 - 10/6/2017 7:06:32 PM   
Kitakami

quote:

ORIGINAL: BillBrown
Falken, I might suggest you start a game( do no orders) end it and send it to Kitakami and make sure when he loads it there are not exe or map errors reported.

This is great advice. PWHEX files, game version, maps... they need to be in synch, and it is better to fix it before you finish the 1000 man-hours that is turn 1.

Tenno Heika Banzai!

(in reply to BillBrown)
Post #: 735
RE: OFFICIAL Release BTS/BTSL 4.5 - 10/6/2017 7:17:00 PM   
John 3rd

That is excellent advice.

I'd like some sort of comments thread if possible due to wanting to advertise the Mod. Are you doing BTS or BTSL?

Falken: I can and am willing to help with any questions you have regarding the Mod Turn One.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to Kitakami)
Post #: 736
RE: OFFICIAL Release BTS/BTSL 4.5 - 10/6/2017 7:21:35 PM   
Falken

Good idea... ok... Kitakami, send me your changes for the screenshots I gave you. I will save, do a turn one, with no orders, send you the turn, and let me know if you encounter any problems.

Good idea BillBrown. I have been playing this game for so long, and have NEVER thought of doing that. Such an obvious tip, that I have never thought of, and would prevent such a headache later on.

BONZAI!!!,,, I will crush you, you american PigDogs..... (sorry about that :), just had a Monty Python skit go through my tiny brain...., although they were referring to the English, it seemed fitting at this point...)

(in reply to Kitakami)
Post #: 737
RE: OFFICIAL Release BTS/BTSL 4.5 - 10/6/2017 8:03:00 PM   
Admiral DadMan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Falken

Good idea... ok... Kitakami, send me your changes for the screenshots I gave you. I will save, do a turn one, with no orders, send you the turn, and let me know if you encounter any problems.

Good idea BillBrown. I have been playing this game for so long, and have NEVER thought of doing that. Such an obvious tip, that I have never thought of, and would prevent such a headache later on.

BONZAI!!!,,, I will crush you, you american PigDogs..... (sorry about that :), just had a Monty Python skit go through my tiny brain...., although they were referring to the English, it seemed fitting at this point...)

Tennu Heika, BANZAI!!!

Scenario 127: "Scraps of Paper"
(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:

(in reply to Falken)
Post #: 738
RE: OFFICIAL Release BTS/BTSL 4.5 - 10/6/2017 8:05:01 PM   
Kitakami

Ok... turn 1 file seems to work. We are good to go :)

Now, the only thing I need is that the random number generator loves me so much that no US torpedo is a dud, and I am all set ;p

Tenno Heika Banzai!

(in reply to Falken)
Post #: 739
RE: OFFICIAL Release BTS/BTSL 4.5 - 10/7/2017 1:58:02 AM   
Falken

In case anyone else uses Kull's excellent Airframe and Engine Planner, here is the updated version for BTS Lite 4.5. Although i use Tracker, I find this tool by Kull much more useful for planning.

I was actually surprised by some of the numbers for Engine Pools and Engine production. Will definitely need to update some factories to correct the over production of some engines.

Hope you find this useful.

Dave

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Kitakami)
Post #: 740
RE: OFFICIAL Release BTS/BTSL 4.5 - 10/7/2017 3:53:17 AM   
John 3rd

This will help as I was pretty much making educated guesses regarding engines.

That is not an easy chart to read!

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to Falken)
Post #: 741
RE: OFFICIAL Release BTS/BTSL 4.5 - 10/7/2017 1:35:22 PM   
bristolduke

I just started one with 4.0, but I am able to do one more, if some one is interested. I am comfortable with Japan.

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 742
RE: OFFICIAL Release BTS/BTSL 4.5 - 10/7/2017 4:24:16 PM   
Kitakami

"AAR" started. Let's see if it draws any interest.

Tenno Heika Banzai!

(in reply to bristolduke)
Post #: 743
RE: OFFICIAL Release BTS/BTSL 4.5 - 10/7/2017 8:55:27 PM   
John 3rd

quote:

ORIGINAL: bristolduke

I just started one with 4.0, but I am able to do one more, if some one is interested. I am comfortable with Japan.

Post over in the game wanted area. I hope someone agrees!

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to bristolduke)
Post #: 744
RE: OFFICIAL Release BTS/BTSL 4.5 - 10/8/2017 1:04:31 AM   
Falken

Hi,

Think I found 1 problem. The B6N1 Jill has a start date of February 1943, and uses 1 Nakajima Ha-44 engine.

However, the Nakajima Ha-44 doesn't start production until May 1943.

I'm trying to figure out what will happen here. Will the planes still produce, but won't be available until the engine arrives, or will the plane not produce, and will be on hold until the engine arrives?

Dave...

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 745
RE: OFFICIAL Release BTS/BTSL 4.5 - 10/8/2017 3:07:39 AM   
Kitakami

Hmm...

The starting production date could advance via research, but right now I do not recall how many Ha-44 engines are needed. However, a size-30 research factory, if fully repaired on Jan 1st, 1942, should be able to start production in February, 1943. If there is more than one factory, production should start before then.

Tenno Heika Banzai!

(in reply to Falken)
Post #: 746
RE: OFFICIAL Release BTS/BTSL 4.5 - 10/8/2017 3:52:33 AM   
John 3rd

It'll move up. Pretty much bet on that.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to Kitakami)
Post #: 747
RE: OFFICIAL Release BTS/BTSL 4.5 - 10/8/2017 11:06:18 AM   
ny59giants

quote:

Hi,

Think I found 1 problem. The B6N1 Jill has a start date of February 1943, and uses 1 Nakajima Ha-44 engine.

However, the Nakajima Ha-44 doesn't start production until May 1943.

I'm trying to figure out what will happen here. Will the planes still produce, but won't be available until the engine arrives, or will the plane not produce, and will be on hold until the engine arrives?

Dave...

Only the 1st gen Jill and 2nd gen Liz use this engine until a very late war fighter. So, its easy not to priortize the expansion of this engine. I did this in my current game vs Gen Patton. So expand the engine factory to 50 or 100 in Dec 42 to get it to advance. Hopefully, you can get the engines to advance and get actual Jill out in Jan 43. I didn't get the Jill due to engine issues until March 43.

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 748
RE: OFFICIAL Release BTS/BTSL 4.5 - 10/8/2017 1:24:56 PM   
Falken

Thanks NYGiants... I'll put it in my notes for 'late '42. Holy crap :), im at the beginning of Turn 1, and i'm already worried about March 43. Gotta luv it.

1st impressions so far. So many toys. While you think I would say "cool", it's actually odd that i'm thinking, "ugh, so many toys".. Very different than standard historical sims. So many choices for 1st turn now. Can't wait to obliterate Kitakami's fleet :) :) :)

Ok, back to seriousness. Although it is based on DBB, there are many many changes to engine production, airframe production, and LCU types and placements. What's taking me longer than usual is to figure out what to do with these changes, and how to maneuver around the missing, and added/renamed, LCU units. This is not a bad thing. It's only because I have very detailed notes on standard IJN forces, and now I have to modify those notes, and thinking, based on the changes.

Other than the Jill problem mentioned above, so far no issues found. I've done my Industry changes, engine and airframe changes, and in the middle of LCU (Non-China updates). I do the CHINA forces separately after i've done the other areas.

Do not worry, i'm not detailing my AAR here. I just wanted John and Kitakami to know that so far, things are progressing well, and so far, have only found the 1 item that caused me to go "WTF" (engine/Jill AF issue). Other than that, it's been good.

I should finish the LCU's in a day or two, and then it will be airgroups, and TFs. If I spot anything odd, i'll add it here so that John can get an update for the rest of you guys if needed.

Honestly John, you guys have done a really good job. Very clean so far.

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 749
RE: OFFICIAL Release BTS/BTSL 4.5 - 10/8/2017 1:40:36 PM   
Kitakami

quote:

ORIGINAL: Falken
<snip>
1st impressions so far. So many toys. While you think I would say "cool", it's actually odd that i'm thinking, "ugh, so many toys".. Very different than standard historical sims. So many choices for 1st turn now. Can't wait to obliterate Kitakami's fleet :) :) :)

Ok, back to seriousness. Although it is based on DBB, there are many many changes to engine production, airframe production, and LCU types and placements. What's taking me longer than usual is to figure out what to do with these changes, and how to maneuver around the missing, and added/renamed, LCU units. This is not a bad thing. It's only because I have very detailed notes on standard IJN forces, and now I have to modify those notes, and thinking, based on the changes.

Other than the Jill problem mentioned above, so far no issues found. I've done my Industry changes, engine and airframe changes, and in the middle of LCU (Non-China updates). I do the CHINA forces separately after i've done the other areas.

Do not worry, i'm not detailing my AAR here. I just wanted John and Kitakami to know that so far, things are progressing well, and so far, have only found the 1 item that caused me to go "WTF" (engine/Jill AF issue). Other than that, it's been good.
<snip>
Honestly John, you guys have done a really good job. Very clean so far.

No worries, Falken. I KNOW I will be hammered on turn 1. It is par for the course. The question is... how will I do with what is left? :)

And I agree. The scenario is a very clean, very well thought-out design.

Take your time. Meanwhile, I am studying what I have to work with.

Tenno Heika Banzai!

(in reply to Falken)
Post #: 750
Page:   <<   < prev  23 24 [25] 26 27   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> RE: BTS--BTSL 4.3 Page: <<   < prev  23 24 [25] 26 27   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI