Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Battle of Narbada River - MrKane(A) vs DmitryZ(J)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Battle of Narbada River - MrKane(A) vs DmitryZ(J) Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Battle of Narbada River - MrKane(A) vs DmitryZ(J) - 11/9/2016 5:36:00 PM   
Jellicoe

There is probably an equation that equates the rate of Japanese advance/aggression to the probability of a long game. Although that might be a bit unfair.....

Looks like you enjoyed the challenge of a hyper aggressive Japan though

(in reply to GetAssista)
Post #: 91
RE: Battle of Narbada River - MrKane(A) vs DmitryZ(J) - 11/9/2016 5:45:31 PM   
MrKane

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jellicoe

There is probably an equation that equates the rate of Japanese advance/aggression to the probability of a long game. Although that might be a bit unfair.....

Looks like you enjoyed the challenge of a hyper aggressive Japan though

I am enjoying every game when opponent is fighting back, does not matter I am loosing or winning, good fight is all I am looking for. But I did understand that by picking inexperienced player I can receive short game. However at that time I was not fully convinced that I will recover to point when I will be able play complete game. Luckily for me my health is improving with every month so I will choose next opponent more carefully.

(in reply to Jellicoe)
Post #: 92
RE: Battle of Narbada River - MrKane(A) vs DmitryZ(J) - 11/9/2016 5:58:36 PM   
DmitryZ

Hi, Tomasz! Thank you, this was a beautiful expierence! Well, I was not quite adequate to this greate challenge and, probably, surrender too early and too easy. But I believe, you have enjoyed this campaign at least, at least half as me.
2 cents to your AAR:
1. We had no HR about paying political points and I didn't pay for all this troops in China. Our rules were:
a) 10 k for 4-E
b) one para unit - one drop
c) no resizing airgroops, except carriers ones
2. Hiyo is not sunk, it was acting near Bombay during my last turn, you have seen Judys from its deck. I lost not many warships and even the strike that prevent me to surrender didn't cost any ship for me, except single destroyer. I was depressed becouse after many years playing this game I do not understand some important things: the TF with such aggressive leader as Tanaka, absolute threat tolerance order, all kinds of ammo except shells to dual-purpoise guns could to retreat before a single motor-boat just becouse this lack of 12 cm shells.
3. BTW, my troubles in India began from another misunderstanding of game mechanism. That 3 ID at the rear of Narbada-line were not a desperate offension without any flanks covering. Just part of my troops, ordered to move from Bombay to Calcutta in strategic mode, made it in strange march-route, crossing your rear positions(and I even cannot understood their way: any railroad to that hex, there they were encircled cross a station under your control).
4. I saw, you are looking for opponent. If I could recommend something, my advice: play with Pentakomo, he wrote a message in your topic. You thought, you're aggressive? You thought, I am agressive? Play with him for understood the very nature of aggressivenesshttp://www.matrixgames.com/forums/micons/m16.gif:)
Congratulations with your victory and good luck in any your affairs

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 93
RE: Battle of Narbada River - MrKane(A) vs DmitryZ(J) - 11/9/2016 6:07:21 PM   
MrKane

quote:

ORIGINAL: DmitryZ

Hi, Tomasz! Thank you, this was a beautiful expierence! Well, I was not quite adequate to this greate challenge and, probably, surrender too early and too easy. But I believe, you have enjoyed this campaign at least, at least half as me.
2 cents to your AAR:
1. We had no HR about paying political points and I didn't pay for all this troops in China. Our rules were:
a) 10 k for 4-E
2. Hiyo is not sunk, it was acting near Bombay during my last turn, you have seen Judys from its deck. I lost not many warships and even the strike that prevent me to surrender didn't cost any ship for me, except single destroyer. I was depressed becouse after many years playing this game I do not understand some important things: the TF with such aggressive leader as Tanaka, absolute threat tolerance order, all kinds of ammo except shells to dual-purpoise guns could to retreat before a single motor-boat just becouse this lack of 12 cm shells.
3. BTW, my troubles in India began from another misunderstanding of game mechanism. That 3 ID at the rear of Narbada-line were not a desperate offension without any flanks covering. Just part of my troops, ordered to move from Bombay to Calcutta in strategic mode, made it in strange march-route, crossing your rear positions(and I even cannot understood their way: any railroad to that hex, there they were encircled cross a station under your control).
4. I saw, you are looking for opponent. If I could recommend something, my advice: play with Pentakomo, he wrote a message in your topic. You thought, you're aggressive? You thought, I am agressive? Play with him for understood the very nature of aggressivenesshttp://www.matrixgames.com/forums/micons/m16.gif:)

Thank you too Dmitri, I was fun playing against you.
It is obvious that some events are looking completely different from other side.
Good luck in your next game.

(in reply to DmitryZ)
Post #: 94
RE: Battle of Narbada River - MrKane(A) vs DmitryZ(J) - 11/9/2016 6:18:37 PM   
MrKane

quote:

ORIGINAL: DmitryZ

2 cents to your AAR:
a) 10 k for 4-E

About strange behavior yours BBs, it was my doing :D too, I have suspected that you will send those ships to Bombay, so I have set 6 x 1 xAK TFs, 2 1 x MGT and one RN squadron one hex of Bombay. Those TFs forced yours ships to lose game time ticks by playing cat and mouse with them. As result at yours ships have run out of time ticks to engage anything else.

< Message edited by MrKane -- 11/9/2016 6:38:21 PM >

(in reply to DmitryZ)
Post #: 95
RE: Battle of Narbada River - MrKane(A) vs DmitryZ(J) - 11/9/2016 6:56:48 PM   
DmitryZ

But they didn't engage anything. Meet one MGB and avoid combat:(

(in reply to MrKane)
Post #: 96
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Battle of Narbada River - MrKane(A) vs DmitryZ(J) Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI