Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 5/13/2001 10:26:00 PM   
Peregrine Falcon

If any of you felt that some of the sounds (like arty explosions, vehicle destruction) had too low volume levels, I have fixed them now, and they should be ready to download. I just forgot some basic things when I did patch conversions, levels were set way too low then... Some of the other sounds available soon: 12.7mm Browning Machine gun! (or 50cal to some!) - - - (basic + mounted)

--Peregrine Falcon--

(in reply to Peregrine Falcon)
Post #: 31
- 5/14/2001 12:00:00 AM   
Colonel von Blitz

quote:

Originally posted by Peregrine Falcon: If any of you felt that some of the sounds (like arty explosions, vehicle destruction) had too low volume levels, I have fixed them now, and they should be ready to download. I just forgot some basic things when I did patch conversions, levels were set way too low then... Some of the other sounds available soon: 12.7mm Browning Machine gun! (or 50cal to some!) - - - (basic + mounted)
Ok, I've upped those fixed arty-explosion and vehicle-explosion sounds. So, they are ready to download (same place and same links). Also I added the promised 50 cal machine gun sounds there...all are there, go get them :) Colonel von Blitz

--Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak--

Post #: 32
- 5/14/2001 3:46:00 AM   
Alby

heheh, downloaded the 50 cals, same ones I was using already!! LOL, similar tastes i reckon. maybe we need to get together, exchange some stuff heheh :D

Post #: 33
- 5/14/2001 4:50:00 AM   
Peregrine Falcon

quote:

Originally posted by Alby: heheh, downloaded the 50 cals, same ones I was using already!! LOL, similar tastes i reckon. maybe we need to get together, exchange some stuff heheh :D
:D :D :D There really aren't many good sounds around for 50cal. These were bought from SoundDogs.Com, so they should be unique, but they still sound much the same as some other 50cal sounds I have heard. I have lots of other (recorded while firing) 50cal sounds, but they are so poor quality (low sample-freq, etc.) that it would take hours using filters and EQs to make them usable... :( Too sad. 50cal M2 is soooo pretty gun :D

--Peregrine Falcon--

Post #: 34
- 5/14/2001 9:19:00 AM   
Alby

I cant recall where I got my 50 cal sounds, but it is the exact same. I think maybe from an earlier version of spwaw perhaps. not sure. :confused:

Post #: 35
- 5/15/2001 12:05:00 AM   
Colonel von Blitz

back to the top...

--Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak--

Post #: 36
- 5/15/2001 12:34:00 AM   
Peregrine Falcon

quote:

Originally posted by Colonel von Blitz: back to the top...
Thanks Colonel :D -Model 99 LMG is tweaked a bit more. -Other 50cal sounds should be ready during this week (maybe) Also planning to replace: .30cal Browning, 25mm-40mm AA, level bomber barrage.... All SMG-sounds. I'll keep you posted :)

--Peregrine Falcon--

Post #: 37
- 5/16/2001 12:55:00 AM   
Peregrine Falcon

- - - - - SOUND UPDATE - - - - - 10 HE-kill Machine Gun (crewed) More crewed (+vehicle mounted) Machine Guns coming soon. Longer (but smaller filesize) aircraft fly-by should be soon available. And as before, point your browser to pages created by Colonel von Blitz, at: http://www.lut.fi/~harma/spwawsounds.htm

--Peregrine Falcon--

Post #: 38
- 5/16/2001 6:51:00 AM   
Greg McCarty

quote:

Originally posted by Peregrine Falcon: Thanks everyone! Its good to hear that you like them! :D Some of them required some heavy mixing and sample hunting. Like vehicle explosions for example: 6-8 different sources! More coming soon, maybe after sunday or during next week!
:) Thanks very much to both of you. Outstanding job.

Greg.

It is better to die on your feet
than to live on your knees.

--Zapata

Post #: 39
- 5/17/2001 12:05:00 AM   
WW2'er

Guys, thanks for the sounds. One favor to ask though....PLEASE make a zip file of all the sounds so we don't have to download them one at a time. Thanks! WW2'er

WW2'er

"That [state] which separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting by fools." — Thucydides, 'The Peloponnesian Wars'

Post #: 40
- 5/17/2001 12:23:00 AM   
Colonel von Blitz

quote:

Originally posted by WW2'er: Guys, thanks for the sounds. One favor to ask though....PLEASE make a zip file of all the sounds so we don't have to download them one at a time.
We would've done that already, but at the moment, sorry guys...no can do. Colonel von Blitz

Post #: 41
- 5/24/2001 3:11:00 AM   
Colonel von Blitz

Hi everybody!! Peregrine Falcon has been doing some more sounds lately, I just uploaded new SMG sounds...everybody, go get them :) Colonel von Blitz

Post #: 42
- 5/24/2001 5:15:00 AM   
Fuerte

quote:

Originally posted by Colonel von Blitz: We would've done that already, but at the moment, sorry guys...no can do.
Allright, then maybe you should add the newest files always on bottom (or top) so that it would be easier to check what sounds have been downloaded already. (Just to keep this on top :p)

Post #: 43
- 5/24/2001 2:25:00 PM   
Colonel von Blitz

quote:

Originally posted by Fuerte: Allright, then maybe you should add the newest files always on bottom (or top) so that it would be easier to check what sounds have been downloaded already.
I agree, the page wasn't as clear as it should have been. So I made some modifications by moving sounds into five different groups: aircraft sounds, infantry weapon sounds, vehicle sounds, artillery sounds, misc sounds. Now newest files should be easy to find too under the category, because I added red text (NEW) in front of latest zip-file. Hope this helps a bit :) Colonel von Blitz

Post #: 44
- 5/25/2001 12:45:00 AM   
steel

Very good one voice´s ! I use most of them. :) Steel ;)

Post #: 45
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI