Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Airplane problems

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series >> Airplane problems Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Airplane problems - 12/8/2016 7:15:49 PM   
jcrohio

Have the steam version installed and patched to 1.42. Have been playing through scenarios in both AWB and SOS.
Have had almost no problems with crashes. Today I started playing the first SOS firefight with planes and the
game consistently crashes. Tried the other SOS firefight that has planes and had the same problem. Checked these
forums and found some people having issues with crashes where the AI tried moving planes. I am wondering if this
is the same problem I am having. I know the human player can move and fight with planes as I messed around with
this trying to figure out how planes worked. But the game does seem to crash when the AI has the ability to move
planes. Though I saw some reports of this issue earlier the only solution was to make sure to apply the latest
patch. Obviously I have the latest patch. Any ideas?

Thanks
Jack
Post #: 1
RE: Airplane problems - 12/9/2016 2:18:12 PM   
rico21

+1
The Bear Team hibernates in his cave!

(in reply to jcrohio)
Post #: 2
RE: Airplane problems - 12/9/2016 3:24:23 PM   
jcrohio

Thanks for the +1. I assume this means you are experiencing the same issues. I guess my next question is can
anybody play the scenarios that use planes?

(in reply to rico21)
Post #: 3
RE: Airplane problems - 12/22/2016 1:09:22 PM   
jcrohio

Anybody. There are two scenarios in SoS with planes that crash on my system when used by the AI. Should I just edit
the scenarios to not include planes or is there something wrong with my system? Has anybody gotten planes to work
with the AI?

(in reply to jcrohio)
Post #: 4
RE: Airplane problems - 12/7/2018 7:02:50 AM   
NZgunner

same here - games crashes when the AI plane tries to move

I can't actually figure out how to attack with my planes anyway

(in reply to jcrohio)
Post #: 5
RE: Airplane problems - 12/7/2018 3:08:27 PM   
dox44

which scenarios exactly? i don't remember any crashes buts its been a while since i played.

(in reply to NZgunner)
Post #: 6
RE: Airplane problems - 12/7/2018 5:04:43 PM   
NZgunner

I first saw it in Romistrov Red Dawn where the Germans get planes from turn 2 but the game crashes when the Soviets get theirs on turn 4 - more precisely when the AI Soviet takes their turn and it's the plane they intend to activate (ie Soviet ground activations work ok with the plane chit on the edge of the board).

But it looks to be any scenario where the AI has planes, including where you swap sides from the default - eg the Germans have a Stuka in Dance of the Totenkopfs, which works fine* if you play as the Germans but crashes if you set the AI to control them.

Note that I have the Steam version with the AtB base game and SoS as DLC (don't have Ghost Divisions).

*I say works fine because I can move the chit around ok and change altitude, but I have not been able to work out how to attack - is there somewhere that actually explains how to use planes properly?

(in reply to dox44)
Post #: 7
RE: Airplane problems - 3/8/2019 10:44:44 PM   
hapshott

Hello,

I have the same issue. Both in Steam and when matrix version.

I have a save game. But I do not know how to upload it. But whenever I restart the scenario Red Dawn it crashes when the AI planes are appearing.

I do not see any errors in the log-files.

Best regards,

Hapshott

(in reply to NZgunner)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series >> Airplane problems Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI