Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert (A)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert (A) Page: <<   < prev  60 61 62 63 [64]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert... - 1/29/2020 8:57:10 AM   
obvert

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 1891
RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert... - 1/29/2020 8:09:14 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: obvert

UNP?

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 1892
RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert... - 2/3/2020 11:37:08 AM   
obvert

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

UNP?

The previous update is more interesting

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 1893
RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert... - 2/10/2020 9:40:58 PM   
obvert

Hi all. I haven't had a lot of time to update lately. This one has reached the end. On May 14 the Allies continued to strategically bomb Tokyo, Osaka and several other industrial centres, ground the forts to zero at Hiroshima, and were advancing across the North coast of Honshu toward Maizuru. The final blow was the 111the LRP paratroops landing at Tottori and taking the base from an understrength division.

It's a bittersweet ending. I know this game was probably a grind for Lowpe. He has been an incredible opponent; tenacious, creative, and persistent no matter what was happening in through the course of the game. Even to the end the KB was sailing South of Honshu searching out a fight.

I'll miss this game. I know it would have been very different if Lowpe's curiosity hadn't taken him down the road of accepting battle with the Soviet juggernaut. Even in 42 the mass of divisions and tank brigades is eventually unstoppable. The airforce also had some impact, with MiGs joining P-38s as the best Allied sweepers of 42.

Here is the final tally.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 1894
RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert... - 2/10/2020 9:48:16 PM   
obvert

And the final map of Japan. notice in the info box that strategic bombing actually provided most of the final push to a conclusion.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 1895
RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert... - 2/10/2020 11:11:28 PM   
IdahoNYer

Will miss this match Obvert! Have enjoyed the AAR from the beginning to its all to early end - I think you set a record that will never be broken for a decisive Allied victory!

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 1896
RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert... - 2/11/2020 2:54:15 AM   
Bif1961

I hope there is a rematch and the Soviets aren't accidently activated this time.

(in reply to IdahoNYer)
Post #: 1897
RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert... - 2/11/2020 2:56:08 AM   
Canoerebel

Yes, that would be fun to see!

Erik, congratulations on driving the Allies to victory.

(in reply to Bif1961)
Post #: 1898
RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert... - 2/11/2020 5:24:40 AM   
CaptBeefheart

Congratulations! Also, a big shout out to Lowpe for being a sport and seeing what kind of challenges the Russian activation would bring in the interests of science. This unique AAR will be missed.

Cheers,
CB

Beer, because barley makes lousy bread.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 1899
RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert... - 2/11/2020 6:12:23 AM   
JeffroK

quote:

Well done Obvert, and please pass on to Lowpe a well done for persevering after taking a quick trip into the Soviet Union. Many, if not most, would have dropped it then.

It was good to see some of the early war equipment being used offensivly. Some of it doesnt come out too bad once the experience levels rise and they are not outnumbered 10-1.

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 1900
RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert... - 2/11/2020 1:44:26 PM   
RangerJoe

Congratulations on a game well played.

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to JeffroK)
Post #: 1901
RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert... - 2/11/2020 2:01:04 PM   
witpqs

Congrats, guys!

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 1902
RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert... - 2/11/2020 3:52:01 PM   
obvert

Thanks all. I'm sorry I didn't get the last few weeks detailed before the end date. Seems too late now.

I'm still curious if Singapore would have held without the Soviets being activated. I think eventually Lowpe would have thrown everything at me and the Allies don't have a lot of cushion in the beginning for extended campaigns, as we all know.

Anyway. I'll hope to break down some important things I learned early I this at some point. It was great to try out ideas on the Allied side having played the Japanese a lot.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 1903
RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert... - 2/11/2020 4:09:46 PM   
RangerJoe

It would be interesting to see a rematch but two games, each one playing each side against the other.

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 1904
RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert... - 2/11/2020 8:50:47 PM   
Lowpe

Really, a wonderful game and a great example of how to use Allied assets that most players neglect...

I have never read an enemy AAR, and won't start here, just want to chime in here at the end!

Well done!

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 1905
RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert... - 2/11/2020 9:54:28 PM   
GetAssista

Great game, and also a unique one! Congratulations!

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 1906
RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert... - 2/13/2020 3:31:21 AM   
Capt. Harlock

quote:

And the final map of Japan. notice in the info box that strategic bombing actually provided most of the final push to a conclusion.

Well done! And I think you may have set a record for the ratio of Army loss points.

Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 1907
RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert... - 2/20/2020 9:01:20 PM   
obvert

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lowpe

Really, a wonderful game and a great example of how to use Allied assets that most players neglect...

I have never read an enemy AAR, and won't start here, just want to chime in here at the end!

Well done!

Interesting. I am too curious and have to dip into yours if that's okay. Some things in the early days I really want to figure out especially.

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 1908
Page:   <<   < prev  60 61 62 63 [64]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert (A) Page: <<   < prev  60 61 62 63 [64]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI