Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: obvert (A) vs Lowpe (J) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports

obvert -> Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: obvert (A) vs Lowpe (J) (3/12/2017 11:00:17 PM)

Victory is won or lost in battle, but all military history shows that adequate logistic support is essential to the winning of battles.

Adm. Raymond Ames Spruance, USN

[image]local://upfiles/37283/2766EB8E6A72405DB470A2EC2D994824.jpg[/image]

obvert -> RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert (A) (3/12/2017 11:07:49 PM)

Lowpe and I have embarked on a new game. He'll take the Empire from Day 1 and be able to plan out everything he usually does in 43 from the start.

I'm looking forward to playing the Allies again after the Greyjoy game was interrupted, and now I'll hopefully get a chance to try to use some of the ideas that never got tested in that game. Maybe even a few new thoughts. [;)]

As this is a second game for us both, it may have a slow start and only run 4-7 turns/week. Lowpe is working on the first turn now, so there will be an update sometime this week. Fingers crossed he's not been reading too many Mr Kane AARs lately. [;)]

This will be a DBB Scen 28-C game. It is PDU-ON.

We decided to go with only a few HRs this time around.

HRs

Night bombing port/airfield:

50 planes/target for the entire war.

First turn:

No restrictions on port strikes for IJ
No new TFs for Allies but existing may move
No air groups changing location, but can change CAP settings
No crazy deep *TF moves (Mersing)

PP for borders:

Minus Thai and Burmese units

zuluhour -> RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert (A) (3/12/2017 11:13:59 PM)

best luck!

dr.hal -> RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert (A) (3/12/2017 11:41:42 PM)

I like your HRs, simple yet important. Never thought of exempting Thai and Burmese troops from PPs, but it make sense.

Cap Mandrake -> RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert (A) (3/12/2017 11:45:32 PM)

Watch out! Lowpe-san know compression ratio on every Japn-mens engine and amperage on deicers.

BillBrown -> RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert (A) (3/12/2017 11:54:23 PM)

I thought that the Burmese units being attached to the unrestricted Burma Command would not have to pay any PPs to move into India.

Anyway, good luck obvert.

GetAssista -> RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert (A) (3/13/2017 12:10:01 AM)

Great, another interesting set of AARs to follow! Hopefully Lowpe would do his own part too.
Also, entrance requirement to this thread is successful ID of every ship class on that photo ;)

Lokasenna -> RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert (A) (3/13/2017 12:11:18 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BillBrown

I thought that the Burmese units being attached to the unrestricted Burma Command would not have to pay any PPs to move into India.

Anyway, good luck obvert.

The RTA Divisions are grey-restricted, and historically they participated in the invasion of Burma. A lot of people allow them.

witpqs -> RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert (A) (3/13/2017 12:15:18 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: obvert

Fingers crossed he's not been reading too many Mr Kane AARs lately. [;)]

A bad bet, that! [:D]
quote:

HRs

First turn:

PP for borders:

What about US-Canada? [:D]

Aurorus -> RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert (A) (3/13/2017 1:20:50 AM)

Good luck to both of you. It will be interesting to see what Lowpe does now that he can decide what the Japanese will do in early 42, rather than taking over for a player who has already made those decisions.

dave sindel -> RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert (A) (3/13/2017 1:35:25 AM)

Good luck to both of you. This one could be epic.

CaptBeefheart -> RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert (A) (3/13/2017 7:27:02 AM)

Looking forward to this. And yes, the Canada-US border is a relevant question.

Cheers,
CC

Encircled -> RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert (A) (3/13/2017 8:18:02 AM)

Good luck!

obvert -> RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert (A) (3/13/2017 9:14:45 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

quote:

Fingers crossed he's not been reading too many Mr Kane AARs lately. [;)]

A bad bet, that! [:D]
quote:

HRs

First turn:

PP for borders:

What about US-Canada? [:D]

Shhhhh! [:D]

Lowpe -> RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert (A) (3/13/2017 10:44:54 AM)

Good luck, may your ships always find the bottom and your subs the surface.[;)]

obvert -> RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert (A) (3/13/2017 12:38:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lowpe

Good luck, may your ships always find the bottom and your subs the surface.[;)]

Thanks Lowpe! Good luck to you too!

Always a kind word. [:D]

Lokasenna -> RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert (A) (3/13/2017 1:22:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Aurorus

Good luck to both of you. It will be interesting to see what Lowpe does now that he can decide what the Japanese will do in early 42, rather than taking over for a player who has already made those decisions.

I'm going with paralyzed by indecision.

Rio Bravo -> RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert (A) (3/13/2017 4:12:22 PM)

Obvert-

This will be fun to watch.

Best Regards,

-Terry

Lecivius -> RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert (A) (3/13/2017 5:03:09 PM)

[sm=00000613.gif]

MakeeLearn -> RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert (A) (3/13/2017 5:18:29 PM)

quote:

HRs

First turn:

PP for borders:

AH!!! HA!!!!

There is no ban on the use of shrubbery!!!

[image]local://upfiles/55056/AEEA5792D39F46B88C09F0888E6EE69F.jpg[/image]

Andav -> RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert (A) (3/13/2017 5:48:10 PM)

Looking forward to this!

Wa

Drakanel -> RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert (A) (3/13/2017 5:49:17 PM)

I will be following this. Should be fun :)

Lowpe -> RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert (A) (3/13/2017 7:52:09 PM)

Okay, I am saying goodbye for a few years.[:)]

Bif1961 -> RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert (A) (3/14/2017 2:04:32 AM)

I hope you have a fun and long contest.

Jorge_Stanbury -> RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert (A) (3/14/2017 2:15:09 AM)

looking forward to this, in a quiet lurker mode [;)]

obvert -> RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert (A) (3/14/2017 6:45:15 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: GetAssista

Great, another interesting set of AARs to follow! Hopefully Lowpe would do his own part too.
Also, entrance requirement to this thread is successful ID of every ship class on that photo ;)

I think I'll have to start a new AAR thread in that case! [:D]

I can get some, but also couldn't find a high res version of that image. The background is a bit tough. It's by one of my favourite photographers, W. Eugene Smith.

Lokasenna -> RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert (A) (3/14/2017 6:00:19 PM)

You're missing an Oxford comma.

obvert -> RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert (A) (3/14/2017 7:07:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lokasenna

Huh?

Where?

The style guide my school uses has done away with the serial, or "Oxford" comma. If I don't use them that is why. Also, I think they'll eventually be phased out everywhere. [;)]

obvert -> RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert (A) (3/14/2017 9:07:34 PM)

So. Lowpe has sent back the first turn. I almost forgot I get to make some choices. The main choice across the board is ... RUN!!

So curious where he'll go based on his experience with a very inept passive and disorganised Japanese side he took over his first game vs the highly organised and very aggressive opening Florin left for him in the Jocke game.

My guess is that he'll play a non-standard first turn and concentrate on the DEI to get a quick start on something else. What, I'm not sure. [:)]

Lokasenna -> RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert (A) (3/14/2017 9:12:02 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lokasenna

Huh?

Where?

The style guide my school uses has done away with the serial, or "Oxford" comma. If I don't use them that is why. Also, I think they'll eventually be phased out everywhere. [;)]

In your thread title.

I don't think they'll ever go away. They're absolutely necessary for clarity in lists at times. There's the famous example of:

We invited the hookers, Stalin and JFK.

vs.

We invited the hookers, Stalin, and JFK.

Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI