RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert (A) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports

obvert -> RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert (A) (1/29/2020 8:57:10 AM)

BBfanboy -> RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert (A) (1/29/2020 8:09:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: obvert

[&:] UNP?

obvert -> RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert (A) (2/3/2020 11:37:08 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

[&:] UNP?

The previous update is more interesting [;)]

obvert -> RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert (A) (2/10/2020 9:40:58 PM)

Hi all. I haven't had a lot of time to update lately. This one has reached the end. On May 14 the Allies continued to strategically bomb Tokyo, Osaka and several other industrial centres, ground the forts to zero at Hiroshima, and were advancing across the North coast of Honshu toward Maizuru. The final blow was the 111the LRP paratroops landing at Tottori and taking the base from an understrength division.

It's a bittersweet ending. I know this game was probably a grind for Lowpe. He has been an incredible opponent; tenacious, creative, and persistent no matter what was happening in through the course of the game. Even to the end the KB was sailing South of Honshu searching out a fight.

I'll miss this game. I know it would have been very different if Lowpe's curiosity hadn't taken him down the road of accepting battle with the Soviet juggernaut. Even in 42 the mass of divisions and tank brigades is eventually unstoppable. The airforce also had some impact, with MiGs joining P-38s as the best Allied sweepers of 42.

Here is the final tally.

[image]local://upfiles/37283/889376AD1FAE4ED8908E84350319F7F0.jpg[/image]

obvert -> RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert (A) (2/10/2020 9:48:16 PM)

And the final map of Japan. notice in the info box that strategic bombing actually provided most of the final push to a conclusion.

[image]local://upfiles/37283/A15A9961E8A04647BA9D31E371E90958.jpg[/image]

IdahoNYer -> RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert (A) (2/10/2020 11:11:28 PM)

Will miss this match Obvert! Have enjoyed the AAR from the beginning to its all to early end - I think you set a record that will never be broken for a decisive Allied victory!

Bif1961 -> RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert (A) (2/11/2020 2:54:15 AM)

I hope there is a rematch and the Soviets aren't accidently activated this time.

Canoerebel -> RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert (A) (2/11/2020 2:56:08 AM)

Yes, that would be fun to see!

Erik, congratulations on driving the Allies to victory.

CaptBeefheart -> RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert (A) (2/11/2020 5:24:40 AM)

Congratulations! Also, a big shout out to Lowpe for being a sport and seeing what kind of challenges the Russian activation would bring in the interests of science. This unique AAR will be missed.

Cheers,
CB

JeffroK -> RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert (A) (2/11/2020 6:12:23 AM)

quote:

Well done Obvert, and please pass on to Lowpe a well done for persevering after taking a quick trip into the Soviet Union. Many, if not most, would have dropped it then.

It was good to see some of the early war equipment being used offensivly. Some of it doesnt come out too bad once the experience levels rise and they are not outnumbered 10-1.

RangerJoe -> RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert (A) (2/11/2020 1:44:26 PM)

Congratulations on a game well played.

witpqs -> RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert (A) (2/11/2020 2:01:04 PM)

Congrats, guys! [8D]

obvert -> RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert (A) (2/11/2020 3:52:01 PM)

Thanks all. I'm sorry I didn't get the last few weeks detailed before the end date. Seems too late now.

I'm still curious if Singapore would have held without the Soviets being activated. I think eventually Lowpe would have thrown everything at me and the Allies don't have a lot of cushion in the beginning for extended campaigns, as we all know.

Anyway. I'll hope to break down some important things I learned early I this at some point. It was great to try out ideas on the Allied side having played the Japanese a lot.

RangerJoe -> RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert (A) (2/11/2020 4:09:46 PM)

It would be interesting to see a rematch but two games, each one playing each side against the other.

Lowpe -> RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert (A) (2/11/2020 8:50:47 PM)

Really, a wonderful game and a great example of how to use Allied assets that most players neglect...

I have never read an enemy AAR, and won't start here, just want to chime in here at the end!

Well done![&o]

GetAssista -> RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert (A) (2/11/2020 9:54:28 PM)

Great game, and also a unique one! Congratulations!

Capt. Harlock -> RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert (A) (2/13/2020 3:31:21 AM)

quote:

And the final map of Japan. notice in the info box that strategic bombing actually provided most of the final push to a conclusion.

[image]local://upfiles/37283/A15A9961E8A04647BA9D31E371E90958.jpg[/image]

Well done! And I think you may have set a record for the ratio of Army loss points. [sm=00000436.gif]

obvert -> RE: Beans, Bullets and Black Oil :: Lowpe (J) vs obvert (A) (2/20/2020 9:01:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lowpe

Really, a wonderful game and a great example of how to use Allied assets that most players neglect...

I have never read an enemy AAR, and won't start here, just want to chime in here at the end!

Well done![&o]

Interesting. I am too curious and have to dip into yours if that's okay. Some things in the early days I really want to figure out especially.

Page: <<   < prev  60 61 62 63 [64]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI