Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

WIP and WIPAD

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> WIP and WIPAD Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WIP and WIPAD - 3/31/2017 12:24:49 AM   
83Reforger

I own WIP and now realize I should've purchased WIPAD... only because I think I can actually build scenarios in the Admirals edition....Please tell me if I'm wrong or not.
Post #: 1
RE: WIP and WIPAD - 3/31/2017 12:37:29 AM   
rustysi

quote:

WIPAD

I'd say you mean WitP-AE. Whether you are wrong or not depends upon you. AE has so much more depth and complexity than WitP. If you want to deal with that than AE is your choice. If not stay away, you won't be happy. The game has a real 'learning cliff', which is not insurmountable, but it takes time and effort to rise above. That said the rewards are there for those who seek and enjoy them.

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to 83Reforger)
Post #: 2
RE: WIP and WIPAD - 3/31/2017 1:01:37 AM   
MakeeLearn

Yes with WitPAE you can design your own scenarios. You can even mod the ships and planes. This is done thru the game's editor. Checkout the modding forum.

< Message edited by MakeeLearn -- 3/31/2017 1:02:59 AM >

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 3
RE: WIP and WIPAD - 3/31/2017 1:14:00 AM   
83Reforger

Awesome... This forum is by far the best I've ever encountered. Knowledgeable folks, quick responses. The scenario design stuff is what I wanted, I'll be making a purchase soon.

(in reply to MakeeLearn)
Post #: 4
RE: WIP and WIPAD - 3/31/2017 8:03:49 AM   
obvert

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stonewalled

Awesome... This forum is by far the best I've ever encountered. Knowledgeable folks, quick responses. The scenario design stuff is what I wanted, I'll be making a purchase soon.

Yep. And there is a whole continent of folks who spend a lot of time helping each other design and modify scenarios, ongoing.

Also, check out the DBB (Da Big Babes) website for scenarios created by some of the original design team that have expanded and created more representational historical models for supply, troops movement with stacking limits, and modified many other aspects of game play.

It's a good community, and just keeps on chugging ahead.

< Message edited by obvert -- 3/31/2017 8:14:31 AM >

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to 83Reforger)
Post #: 5
RE: WIP and WIPAD - 3/31/2017 2:26:50 PM   
Revthought

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stonewalled

I own WIP and now realize I should've purchased WIPAD... only because I think I can actually build scenarios in the Admirals edition....Please tell me if I'm wrong or not.

If this purchase was recent, I'd submit a ticket to Matrix CS. Strangely, for a digital distributor of video games, they've always been awesome.

In any case, if you're just asking for advice, AE is the way to go. :D

Playing at war is a far better vocation than making people fight in them.

(in reply to 83Reforger)
Post #: 6
RE: WIP and WIPAD - 3/31/2017 3:55:56 PM   
Sardaukar

Not to mention one of the most helpful player community.

If you ask questions, you'll get answers. Apart from some disagreements, people have been nice to each other, maybe because WitP-AE players tend to be more mature.

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to Revthought)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> WIP and WIPAD Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI