Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Bacon Mod

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: Bacon Mod Page: <<   < prev  28 29 [30] 31 32   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Bacon Mod - 3/5/2019 3:38:59 AM   
Hattori Hanzo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Overlord015

Hi! I don't know if you take requests, but. . . Would it be possible to remove the "must be set to evade" requirement for civilian ships? I've been toying around with some exotic ship designs recently, I'd really love to experiment and see if private sector "Privateers/PMCs" are viable. This would also synergize pretty well with your changes to the civilian ship weapon build limit. If balance is an issue you could make it so installing hangars or offensive weapons effectively doubles the upkeep on private sector ships, that should keep players and AI alike from privatizing their navy. With the 10 weapon build limit these ships should still be weaker than a military vessel anyways, but coupled with freighter behaviors these should, theoretically, be rather effective patrol vessels for your shipping lanes and opportunistic commerce raiders whenever they happen to spot any hostile ships when docking in neutral ports.

something somewhat similar to the German "Auxiliary Cruisers" of the World War One..

< Message edited by Hattori Hanzo -- 3/5/2019 3:39:24 AM >

(in reply to Overlord015)
Post #: 871
RE: Bacon Mod - 3/6/2019 9:51:18 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Overlord015

Hi! I don't know if you take requests, but. . . Would it be possible to remove the "must be set to evade" requirement for civilian ships? I've been toying around with some exotic ship designs recently, I'd really love to experiment and see if private sector "Privateers/PMCs" are viable. This would also synergize pretty well with your changes to the civilian ship weapon build limit. If balance is an issue you could make it so installing hangars or offensive weapons effectively doubles the upkeep on private sector ships, that should keep players and AI alike from privatizing their navy. With the 10 weapon build limit these ships should still be weaker than a military vessel anyways, but coupled with freighter behaviors these should, theoretically, be rather effective patrol vessels for your shipping lanes and opportunistic commerce raiders whenever they happen to spot any hostile ships when docking in neutral ports.

I remember trying this at some point in the past. The results were less than ideal. The freighters exhibited schizophrenic behavior. One moment they would be attacking an enemy and then they would be fleeing from the same enemy. The best thing you can do for aggressive freighters is to set them to "flee when attacked" or even "Flee never" and load them up with weapons.

BTC 14UURmC4rD762RStsufKmaUjfXQrBvahU1
ETH 0x7c65139BC82A0BDC5b11F92001D5c5a112219f08

Post #: 872
RE: Bacon Mod - 3/8/2019 9:22:28 PM   
SteamSlither

I've been using this, it seems rather crashy and intermittent when compared to vanilla, especially if looking at troops on the planet screen does not always bring up the surface screen without the planet policy screen coming in ahead of it, or some kind of exceptiojn error dialogue box (I can dismiss it and keep playing) or its just unresponsive and I have to do something else then come back to the troop selection (left had corner clicking on "TROOPS"
When cycling through colonies it also from time to time gets stuck or stop working. Sometimes the game locks up and I have to restart, rare when compared to vanilla.

I have been mainly playing Ancient Universe if that has something to do with it.

Maybe its my setup
Is there a minimalistic setup I should be looking at in the Bacon settings?
I like the idea of all troop transports being targeted first, is there a hexeidt hack I can do on vanilla?

Post #: 873
RE: Bacon Mod - 3/8/2019 11:49:08 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: SteamSlither

I've been using this, it seems rather crashy and intermittent when compared to vanilla, especially if looking at troops on the planet screen does not always bring up the surface screen without the planet policy screen coming in ahead of it, or some kind of exceptiojn error dialogue box (I can dismiss it and keep playing) or its just unresponsive and I have to do something else then come back to the troop selection (left had corner clicking on "TROOPS"
When cycling through colonies it also from time to time gets stuck or stop working. Sometimes the game locks up and I have to restart, rare when compared to vanilla.

I have been mainly playing Ancient Universe if that has something to do with it.

Maybe its my setup
Is there a minimalistic setup I should be looking at in the Bacon settings?

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues. I do a lot of invasions and I've never had any of the problems you describe. Nor have I heard others having those issues.
The most minimalistic setup would be to run just BaconWorld without any other mod but that shouldn't be necessary. I have combined my with Unleashed Extended, Beyond Extended, and others for years. I have not used the "Ancient Galaxy" mod though.
quote:

I like the idea of all troop transports being targeted first, is there a hexeidt hack I can do on vanilla?

Probably but I wouldn't know where it is. Sorry.

BTC 14UURmC4rD762RStsufKmaUjfXQrBvahU1
ETH 0x7c65139BC82A0BDC5b11F92001D5c5a112219f08

(in reply to SteamSlither)
Post #: 874
RE: Bacon Mod - 3/10/2019 3:17:51 AM   
SteamSlither

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: RogerBacon

I discovered that the game not targeting unarmed troop transports is a PLAYER exploit and does not affect the AI since the AI cannot build unarmed troop transports.

This I discovered from another mod where the designer left troop transports for some races unarmed so the player, if playing that race, can build their own transport design.

In the normal game (I have not checked them all yet), as far as I can tell, all troop transports come ARMED meaning the AI will build them and in the vanilla game, I gather, will see them as targets along with the rest.

UNARMED transport designs DO NOT APPEAR in the design list unless the player first builds one, then it upgrades normally under automation.

AIs that have modded Unarmed transports do not appear in their build list, so those AIs will never be able to invade or retake planets or assist their allies in doing so.

Troop transports, with the exception of the Bacon Mod, if designed unarmed, will allow the player to swoop in confident that their troop ships will not be targeted ahead of "armed" ships; hence the player exploit.

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 875
RE: Bacon Mod - 3/10/2019 3:45:18 AM   
Hattori Hanzo

quote:

quote:

quote:

I discovered that the game not targeting unarmed troop transports is a PLAYER exploit and does not affect the AI since the AI cannot build unarmed troop transports.

This I discovered from another mod where the designer left troop transports for some races unarmed so the player, if playing that race, can build their own transport design.

In the normal game (I have not checked them all yet), as far as I can tell, all troop transports come ARMED meaning the AI will build them and in the vanilla game, I gather, will see them as targets along with the rest.

UNARMED transport designs DO NOT APPEAR in the design list unless the player first builds one, then it upgrades normally under automation.

AIs that have modded Unarmed transports do not appear in their build list, so those AIs will never be able to invade or retake planets or assist their allies in doing so.

Troop transports, with the exception of the Bacon Mod, if designed unarmed, will allow the player to swoop in confident that their troop ships will not be targeted ahead of "armed" ships; hence the player exploit.

agree, it is a true human player "exploit" and it should not be allowed.

(in reply to SteamSlither)
Post #: 876
RE: Bacon Mod - 3/10/2019 2:57:29 PM   
Retreat1970

I don't bring in troop ships with invasion ships. They come when a system is clear. There are many exploits though and I play with house rules.

(in reply to Hattori Hanzo)
Post #: 877
RE: Bacon Mod - 4/15/2019 1:44:25 PM   
Sokar408

When I try to start the game, the loading screen appears briefly, then disappears and nothing happens. Any idea what I can do to get the mod working?

(in reply to Retreat1970)
Post #: 878
RE: Bacon Mod - 4/15/2019 2:20:48 PM   
Sokar408

Nvm. It turned out to the the base game, that was the problem. I managed to fix it.

(in reply to Sokar408)
Post #: 879
RE: Bacon Mod - 5/11/2019 1:00:42 PM   
FFCecil

This is a must use mod for one simple reason for me. I always design my own ships and I've been dying to have it do exactly what it does with your mod. Selects the left hand side components when you select one in your ship design!!! Awesome. TY

One thing I would like to see. For your resource filter command, could you maybe add a !fr command that does the exact same thing as !FilterResource or shorten that command. Please save my tired hands.

I like the agent prisoner feature, but it's a bit unbalancing especially when the race that the prisoner's are from don't exist anymore and yet I still get paid. This last game I checked it after I destroyed the Borg and there were two agents in there and each released for over 5m each. I went from negative cash to 10m.

Thanks for the good work. I been playing so much DW Star Trek mod and this mod working well in it.

(in reply to Sokar408)
Post #: 880
RE: Bacon Mod - 5/29/2019 9:52:14 AM   
jermore

I don't know if this has been reported, but there seems to be a nasty issue with !rangecircles. I had just installed the combined bacon mod only to find the game running at 5 frames per second. I narrowed the issue down to weapon range circles. If you have a military vessel selected and are at a distant zoom, the frame rate drops from 60+ to nothing rapidly. My guess is that it's rendering hundreds of weapon circles for things at a zoom level I can't see anyway.

(in reply to FFCecil)
Post #: 881
RE: Bacon Mod - 5/30/2019 8:55:14 AM   
azeios

Firstly a huge thanks to Roger for making this fantastic mod!
I was hoping to get some pointers related to the mod from more experienced players (apologies if this question has an obvious answer). What strategies do people use to deal with gravity wells for fleets that include large capital ships? I really like this feature and the way it motivates the player to not just create the biggest designs possible but I feel like there must be a better strategy available to enable me to use larger ships in some cases.

Currently I have quite a few fleets consisting of swarms of lightweight frigates so that they can quickly warp wherever they're needed. I've found it more difficult to incorporate 'heavy fleets' that can move where they're needed without taking forever to do so. I can strap loads of thrusters on them to help them move out of the gravity well relatively quickly but so much of the weight ends up being taken up by engines. I was trying to think of how I could create fleet bases outside of a gravity well where my heavy fleets could be stationed but I'm not sure of a reliable + hassle-free way of keeping these supplied (with vasts amount of fuel and also materials for repairing etc). Even then I still have the issue that if I commit my fleet to an attack it would take an age after the battle to get back to base. Any tips would be really appreciated!

(in reply to jermore)
Post #: 882
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/1/2019 12:22:00 PM   
rogerbacon51

quote:

ORIGINAL: jermore

I don't know if this has been reported, but there seems to be a nasty issue with !rangecircles. I had just installed the combined bacon mod only to find the game running at 5 frames per second. I narrowed the issue down to weapon range circles. If you have a military vessel selected and are at a distant zoom, the frame rate drops from 60+ to nothing rapidly. My guess is that it's rendering hundreds of weapon circles for things at a zoom level I can't see anyway.

You are correct (sort of). When I created the range circles I found that when you zoom in past a certain level they would disappear. Upon investigation I found that the game turns off a whole lot of UI stuff when zoomed in and the range circles fell into that category. So, I made it so the game did not turn that stuff off on zoom in. When zoomed out there should be no difference. The game only draws range circles for the selected ship, no others. To toggles range circles on or off type !rangecircles in the Bacon input box.

(in reply to jermore)
Post #: 883
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/1/2019 12:27:04 PM   
rogerbacon51

quote:

ORIGINAL: azeios

Firstly a huge thanks to Roger for making this fantastic mod!
I was hoping to get some pointers related to the mod from more experienced ... What strategies do people use to deal with gravity wells for fleets that include large capital ships? I really like this feature and the way it motivates the player to not just create the biggest designs possible but I feel like there must be a better strategy available to enable me to use larger ships in some cases.

Hi. I'm glad you are liking the mod. Yes, its all about forcing the player to make choices. You are smart to keep some small ships that cna react quickly. The heavy fleets will be mostly for major offensive battles and when you commit them they will be there for awhile.
That said, there are things that can be done. Firstly, research bigger hulls. That's probably the most important. Engines are much more important than in the vanilla game. If you don't like how much the gravity well affects the game you can modify its effects for each hyperdrive.
As far aas keeping your fleet refueled remember you can add a state owned gas miner to a fleet using the fleet commands. If you don't give it any weapons it will keep its distance when the fleet goes into battle and then be there to refuel when needed.

(in reply to azeios)
Post #: 884
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/7/2019 2:49:25 PM   
azeios

Thanks for the tips! I admit I haven't really taken advantage of the state owned mining ships but that's an interesting idea.

(in reply to rogerbacon51)
Post #: 885
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/11/2019 2:58:52 PM   
Bleek

quote:

ORIGINAL: gazdadude

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

i'm getting unhandled exeptions in certain mods :( when clicking the design button

Someone else got that with one of the other mods. It was missing some ship pictures. That's probably the same issue you are having. If you tell me which mod and post the stack trace I might be able to narrow it down better.

there where a few

the human revolution mod
the star trek the picard eramod
unleashed extended mods
new dawn
its also happening with baconworld
(sorry for so many)

If it is happening with Baconworld then, assuming it's missing images, it means on of the ship images in your base game has been deleted somehow.Are you getting it with no modsand the original exe? If yes, try reinstalling the game.
The stack trace would help. Post it next time it happens.

Ive reinstalled multiple times get the same message for each mod

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at DistantWorlds.Controls.DesignListView.BindData(Galaxy galaxy, DesignList designs, Bitmap[] builtObjectImages, Boolean allowMultiSelect)
at DistantWorlds.Main.method_307(Design design_3)
at DistantWorlds.Main.tbtnDesigns_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at DistantWorlds.Controls.GlassButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at DistantWorlds.Controls.GlassButton.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.7.2556.0 built by: NET471REL1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
BoxedAppSDK_AppDomainManager
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC/BoxedAppSDK_AppDomainManager/1.0.0.0__ef07ce3257ee81c1/BoxedAppSDK_AppDomainManager.dll
DistantWorlds
Assembly Version: 1.9.5.12
Win32 Version: 1.9.5.12
CodeBase: file:///D:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Distant%20Worlds%20Universe/DistantWorlds.EXE
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
DistantWorlds.Controls
CodeBase: file:///D:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Distant%20Worlds%20Universe/DistantWorlds.Controls.DLL
DistantWorlds.Types
CodeBase: file:///D:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Distant%20Worlds%20Universe/DistantWorlds.Types.DLL
BaconDistantWorlds
CodeBase: file:///D:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Distant%20Worlds%20Universe/BaconDistantWorlds.DLL
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
AxInterop.WMPLib
CodeBase: file:///D:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Distant%20Worlds%20Universe/AxInterop.WMPLib.DLL
Interop.WMPLib
CodeBase: file:///D:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Distant%20Worlds%20Universe/Interop.WMPLib.DLL
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics
Win32 Version: 4.0.30901.0 built by: xnabldr
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__842cf8be1de50553/Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.dll
Microsoft.Xna.Framework
Win32 Version: 4.0.30901.0 built by: xnabldr
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/Microsoft.Xna.Framework/v4.0_4.0.0.0__842cf8be1de50553/Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll
System.Deployment
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll
DW_Steam
Assembly Version: 1.0.5257.18237
Win32 Version:
CodeBase: file:///D:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Distant%20Worlds%20Universe/DW_Steam.DLL
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 14.7.2556.0 built by: NET471REL1
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
Microsoft.DirectX.DirectSound
Assembly Version: 1.0.2902.0
Win32 Version: 5.04.00.2904
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC/Microsoft.DirectX.DirectSound/1.0.2902.0__31bf3856ad364e35/Microsoft.DirectX.DirectSound.dll
PresentationCore
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/PresentationCore/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationCore.dll
WindowsBase
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsBase/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsBase.dll
System.Management
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Management/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Management.dll
Microsoft.DirectX
Assembly Version: 1.0.2902.0
Win32 Version: 5.04.00.2904
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC/Microsoft.DirectX/1.0.2902.0__31bf3856ad364e35/Microsoft.DirectX.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I'm getting the exact same error, clean install, only Bacon Mod + RetreatEU + DasBlue installed.

New game too.

Can anyone upload the 'missing' ship design images that are said to cause this? Much appreciated.

(in reply to gazdadude)
Post #: 886
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/11/2019 4:45:55 PM   
Bleek

Erm, it's fixed itself. I just closed and restarted.

Best kind of fix!

(in reply to Bleek)
Post #: 887
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/16/2019 10:15:01 PM   
DasTactic

I've recorded a new series of Distant Worlds using the Bacon mod (I'm DasTactic on Twitch and YouTube) and there were a few things that the Bacon mod may be able to help with (I guess these are issues with the base game).

1. It seems that destroying infrastructure using fighter craft doesn't register as an issue with the AI. I was able to destroy the majority of an enemy fleet along with spaceports etc without repercussions. It was only when I brought in ships with weapons that the AI thought it was unacceptable.

2. Fighter craft don't protect carriers from other fighter craft unless the two factions are at war with each other. Eg, pirates can attack your carrier and it will only protect itself using Point Defense while your fighters hover around doing nothing. Even other ships won't help to kill the bombers until they themselves get attacked. It means you need to create a massive Point Defense ship as the major threat to soak up the fighters before you can send in other ships.

3. Resupply ships become jammed with unusable resources or reserved resources to the point they won't even refuel themselves. The only way around this I found was to build new resupply ships and scrap the old ships. I tried giving them Ctrl E '!cargos, caslon' orders, automating them, giving them freighter missions (Alt 1 2 3). But nothing I did got them to dump their cargo. I thought there was a way to force ships to vent cargo into space.

4. Similar to number 3, I had some resources on planets that had been reserved by enemy empires and when the empire was destroyed the resources still stayed in reserve on the planet with a cross replacing the flag.

Not sure if there is a way around these issues but I thought the bacon mod was the best bet. :)

(in reply to Bleek)
Post #: 888
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/17/2019 3:00:56 PM   
Hattori Hanzo

4. always happened, in fact not a real issue: ignore it and don't mind !

the fighters issues, on the other hand, seem very serious: a real "game-breaker"..

never happened to me, maybe why I rarely rely on fighters both in defense and offensive strikes.

< Message edited by Hattori Hanzo -- 6/17/2019 3:07:47 PM >

(in reply to DasTactic)
Post #: 889
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/19/2019 2:56:33 PM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: FFCecil

This is a must use mod for one simple reason for me. I always design my own ships and I've been dying to have it do exactly what it does with your mod. Selects the left hand side components when you select one in your ship design!!! Awesome. TY

One thing I would like to see. For your resource filter command, could you maybe add a !fr command that does the exact same thing as !FilterResource or shorten that command. Please save my tired hands.

I like the agent prisoner feature, but it's a bit unbalancing especially when the race that the prisoner's are from don't exist anymore and yet I still get paid. This last game I checked it after I destroyed the Borg and there were two agents in there and each released for over 5m each. I went from negative cash to 10m.

Thanks for the good work. I been playing so much DW Star Trek mod and this mod working well in it.

Curious how you got the Star Trek mod to work with Bacon? I've tried with no success?

(in reply to FFCecil)
Post #: 890
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/20/2019 1:07:12 PM   
rogerbacon51

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tanaka

Curious how you got the Star Trek mod to work with Bacon? I've tried with no success?

What seems to be the issue?
Try doing it it stages. First replace the exe and run the mod. That gives you 99% of the mod changes right there. Then for the terraforming make the change in the facilities text file. Play the game and use the in-game editor to give a crappy colony terraforming and see that it is working. Then do the same for the other text files to get the changes there.

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 891
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/20/2019 7:09:23 PM   
Bleek

Roger, whilst you're here - I just wanted to say thank you. Thank you for this excellent mod. I don't play without it.

Post #: 892
RE: Bacon Mod [a small doubt] - 6/20/2019 9:11:24 PM   
Hattori Hanzo

quote:

ORIGINAL: rogerbacon51
quote:

Try doing it it stages. First replace the exe and run the mod. That gives you 99% of the mod changes right there. Then for the terraforming make the change in the facilities text file. Play the game and use the in-game editor to give a crappy colony terraforming and see that it is working. Then do the same for the other text files to get the changes there.

But.. WHO is this "rogerbacon51".. ?????

perhaps a distante relative ?

a cousin born in the fifties ?

an astronaut from Planet 51 ?

what happened to the original "RogerBacon" ???

< Message edited by Hattori Hanzo -- 6/20/2019 9:13:50 PM >

Post #: 893
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/21/2019 12:26:54 AM   
DasTactic

quote:

ORIGINAL: rogerbacon51

quote:

When I adapted RetreatUE across to the Bacon Mod there were a lot more 'gotchas' than I had anticipated. In the end the best tool to help with the process was Sabranan's Modding Tool (http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4030377).

Post #: 894
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/22/2019 6:11:53 AM   
Taraphir

In the unmodded version of Distant Worlds Universe, images of mining ships and gas-mining ships are different. The same is true for mining stations along with
gas-mining stations. In my installation of Bacon Mod however, the images for these respective pairs are identical, allthough the folder for ship graphics contains diverging pictures for both duos.

Is this intentional, a bug or might it even be connected with the fact, that I run Bacon Mod alongside a small modification made by myself?

Warmest greetings from Germany to the forum members, and those who made this modding friendly splendid strategy gem Distant World Universe!

(in reply to DasTactic)
Post #: 895
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/24/2019 4:39:16 AM   
rmse17

Is there something that I need to do to play "Extended AI Improvement Mod 1.05" with BaconMod?

< Message edited by rmse17 -- 7/12/2019 9:51:38 PM >

(in reply to Taraphir)
Post #: 896
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/25/2019 7:55:04 PM   
ambrye

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bleek

Erm, it's fixed itself. I just closed and restarted.

Best kind of fix!

I got the same error and after restarting the game the ship designer started to work. I also saw that the background picture in the menu changed after the restart, so it could be that something is not load or loaded incorrectly when the mod is loaded the first time.

(in reply to Bleek)
Post #: 897
RE: Bacon Mod - 6/27/2019 10:45:08 AM   
HellDragonLord

Hello, i've recently installed the bacon mod, and for whatever reason, the game freezes and has significant audio issues (that are similar to when the playstation crashes) whilst frozen. The larger the map the quicker these issues pop up with standard being 30-ish minuets, Huge is within 2 to 3 minuets.

Can you help me in regards to this, as i've run out of ideas as to what caused this.

When i put the .exe and .txt files into the directory do i replace the ones there when the prompt comes up or do i do something different in order to prevent the issues?

(in reply to ambrye)
Post #: 898
RE: Bacon Mod - 7/5/2019 4:10:58 AM   
AKicebear

Is it possible to add a option to turn of the "pause when opening window" function? I'd prefer to have the game continue running unless I hit space/pause button, as I like playing on normal speed while tinkering in windows/design.

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 899
RE: Bacon Mod - 7/6/2019 3:22:21 PM   
rmse17

Well, I gave up on the AI Extended 1.03 with Bacon Mod..

So I deleted the DU folder, reinstalled from Steam, and just added Bacon Mod. There is an odd behavior bug from exploration ships, when they are on auto, they seem to work ok, but sometimes all 5 would go to same system, which is annoying given the gravity wells... but when I tell them to explore a specific sector, after a few seconds they redirect them selves to the very top left corner of the screen. This is pretty consistent, and just Baconmod + Vanilla...

(in reply to AKicebear)
Post #: 900
Page:   <<   < prev  28 29 [30] 31 32   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: Bacon Mod Page: <<   < prev  28 29 [30] 31 32   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI