Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: You Are The One

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> RE: You Are The One Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: You Are The One - 6/4/2017 4:54:22 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

The only way to possibly track down the issue with the CVPs is to provide before and after saved game files.

Yes. At a minimum, the before GAM files.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 31
RE: You Are The One - 6/10/2017 1:31:53 AM   
GaPete_slith

If it happens again I will be ready for it and have the saved files. The first time it happened I had to wonder if I was imagining things. By the third time I knew absolutely it was real but had not saved the file. If it happens again, I'll have it.

If I am to be damned then let it be for who I am and not what I think you want me to be.

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 32
RE: You Are The One - 7/4/2017 11:05:52 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: GaPete

In this game, that I am playing now, US Navy carrier planes are changing between turns. It's happened three times, and even with those not currently based on a carrier. I'll have the fleet filled up with aircraft, and when I start the next turn and look back on them, all of the aircraft are older models, and the carriers are not even filled to capacity. Not trying to bitch here guys, looking for information, and possible fixes. At the least, that the next update will fix these problems.

At the start of a new year the carrier air units may get 'reduced' so they fit on smaller carriers. See Players Manual Volume II, page 143. Also see Players Manual Volume I, page 193.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to GaPete_slith)
Post #: 33
RE: You Are The One - 7/4/2017 11:49:20 PM   
Dabrion

@fair etc..

there is a common notion that the MST-prng has a tendency to be streaky, thereby causing sequences that do not agree with the expected conditional means. I have some evidence and it is somewhat concerning.. , but it is by no means predictable and therefore not attackable. Statistically it is by all standards (still) random.

For my personal judgement that is the measurement to apply. If my opponent can predict my die roles I feel exposed.. if my die roles are streaky but unpredictable I dont. I just fell bad .. for my-self that is..

Coming from that point, I dont think that a "better" source of entropy is a remedy to the perceived notion of unfairness.

p.s.: If it helps at all, I have received the most brutal results not by pseudo-random-generated dice.. but by dice-towers when my opponent looked me right into the eyes ;)

“WiF is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it.”
- Richard P. Feynman, 'WiF, Sex, and the Dual Slit Experiment'.

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 34
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> RE: You Are The One Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI