Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Yes another OOB question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Yes another OOB question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Yes another OOB question - 6/11/2017 1:50:05 PM   
Numdydar

I know that the game very roughly approximates the historical oobs. But I was looking at the oob for the 1941 game and comparing it to the Case Blue (1942) one and was shocked to see the differences between them.

in 1941 the Germans had 6 tank armies (corps?) on the Eastern Front. At the start of the 1942 game they only had 3?! Somehow between 1941 and 1942 they lost 3 tank units in game terms? I do not think I have ever lost a tank unit on the Eastern Front between '41 and '42. We will not discuss later years

I think it would be better to have all six in 1942 but reduce their strength. So instead on having 3 at 10, you would have 6 at 5. At least that way the unit count matches up between '41 and '42.

Any reason this would not work?
Post #: 1
RE: Yes another OOB question - 6/12/2017 3:03:36 PM   
BillRunacre

Thanks for posting this, I'll take a look into this and add some more units as applicable.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 2
RE: Yes another OOB question - 6/12/2017 8:04:31 PM   
IrishGuards

the campaign's are the true baseline'
OOB and BOP are huge, have the scenario's been updated ?
IG

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 3
RE: Yes another OOB question - 7/17/2017 3:10:20 AM   
jjweatherby

Historically sticky. What happened was over time panzer divisions got smaller. So the 1936 PZ dropped to half size before Poland (fewer PZI, more PZII and some PZIII/IV or czech tanks for some divisions). After France the number of panzer battalions per division were again halfed. So in 1941 you find the same number of tanks with twice the divisions. Likely the game is compensating because the size of the tank corps are the same. This is problematic in that while half the numbers the doubling of divisions allowed the same amount of tanks to cover more ground with similar firepower from the PZ I, PZ II majority with some PZ III and early PVIV tanks in Poland. By 1941, it was smaller numbers of more modern PZ III and PZIV tanks. The czech tanks were soon to be phased out too for better PZIII tanks. So it isn't incorrect numbers wise to have the same number of PZ corps but it is incorrect corps and what distance they can cover. In games like AH's Third Riech/Advanced Third Riech it doubled the tank corps for 1941 with the same power to show the newer tanks had about the same relative firepower with fewer tanks.

(in reply to IrishGuards)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Yes another OOB question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI