Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Wedge Donovan Wins the War: Apbarog(A) vs Aurorus(J) DBB-B

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Wedge Donovan Wins the War: Apbarog(A) vs Aurorus(J) DBB-B Page: <<   < prev  12 13 14 15 [16]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Wedge Donovan Wins the War: Apbarog(A) vs Aurorus(J... - 3/27/2018 6:14:25 PM   
Lowpe

Taongi is always nice to take...

I don't see too many American subs present?

Would be sweet to get a Brooklyn class light cruiser deep into Japanese lines north of Taongi and use some long legged nav search and subs to hopefully ambush a convoy.

I think Naval Guards and CD units are your biggest worry, that and or a staging area at the bigger ports. It would not surprise me if the area was empty except for static units except for a staging base. Also there might be a lot of shipping in port disbanded and weakly defended.

Try to figure out what Japan will do when they spot you...merchant shipping in the area will flee, probably with less than optimal ASW assets. Planes will stage to the area...what runways will Japan use? Warships will head to the area...you might have a chance to catch some nice surface ships.

Have fun.

< Message edited by Lowpe -- 3/27/2018 6:19:26 PM >

(in reply to apbarog)
Post #: 451
RE: Wedge Donovan Wins the War: Apbarog(A) vs Aurorus(J... - 3/27/2018 6:21:32 PM   
apbarog

There are some subs around, but most are barrier CAP to the south, waiting to interdict the enemy fleet when it comes north.

My armada will probably be spotted today, but if it is not, I'll hit Kwajalein's port the following day as I approach. If we are spotted, it's a good bet that everything will run away. I do plan on using my torpedo bombers to help soften up the troops. I've trained them to at least an adequate level of ground attack.

I don't think a cruiser raid would find anything. The only contacts my subs have had in the area have been a single xAK here and there, supplying bases most likely.

[edit: barrier CAP is the wrong term, I know, but it's how I think of it]

< Message edited by apbarog -- 3/27/2018 6:22:22 PM >

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 452
RE: Wedge Donovan Wins the War: Apbarog(A) vs Aurorus(J... - 3/27/2018 7:29:17 PM   
zuluhour

+++1

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 453
RE: Wedge Donovan Wins the War: Apbarog(A) vs Aurorus(J... - 3/27/2018 10:30:13 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: apbarog

There are some subs around, but most are barrier CAP to the south, waiting to interdict the enemy fleet when it comes north.

My armada will probably be spotted today, but if it is not, I'll hit Kwajalein's port the following day as I approach. If we are spotted, it's a good bet that everything will run away. I do plan on using my torpedo bombers to help soften up the troops. I've trained them to at least an adequate level of ground attack.

I don't think a cruiser raid would find anything. The only contacts my subs have had in the area have been a single xAK here and there, supplying bases most likely.

[edit: barrier CAP is the wrong term, I know, but it's how I think of it]

I think "patrol line" describes it well enough.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to apbarog)
Post #: 454
RE: Wedge Donovan Wins the War: Apbarog(A) vs Aurorus(J... - 3/30/2018 6:15:39 AM   
apbarog

Nothing to report, other than no turn from Aurorus Wednesday or Thursday. I'm guessing that his travel plans changed. He's usually good at communicating delays. When he hasn't, it's always been because of inability to do so, like power failure.

Hoping for a turn on Friday.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 455
RE: Wedge Donovan Wins the War: Apbarog(A) vs Aurorus(J... - 3/31/2018 6:35:35 PM   
apbarog

Still nothing from Aurorus. I hope that all is well with him.

(in reply to apbarog)
Post #: 456
RE: Wedge Donovan Wins the War: Apbarog(A) vs Aurorus(J... - 3/31/2018 7:57:15 PM   
adarbrauner

-

(in reply to apbarog)
Post #: 457
RE: Wedge Donovan Wins the War: Apbarog(A) vs Aurorus(J... - 4/2/2018 1:23:58 AM   
apbarog

Aurorus expected to be back from his travels and send a turn on Wednesday. I don't think a turn has ever been more than a day delayed without an explanation before. I am concerned. I'm hoping that the explanation is something like a laptop failure. He is in Argentina, and I believe not in a big city. Maybe it would take some time to replace.

There is little I can do. My only contact information with Aurorus is email. I'm still hoping that this is a temporary delay.

(in reply to adarbrauner)
Post #: 458
RE: Wedge Donovan Wins the War: Apbarog(A) vs Aurorus(J... - 4/3/2018 12:30:05 AM   
OPilot

apbarog

I also have a game going with Aurorus. It has been over a week since I have heard from him and I am concerned. He said he would be traveling and send a turn when he returned but that should have been about 4 days ago.

Please let me know if you hear from him.

opilot

(in reply to apbarog)
Post #: 459
RE: Wedge Donovan Wins the War: Apbarog(A) vs Aurorus(J... - 4/3/2018 1:16:17 AM   
apbarog

Hello OPilot. This is concerning. All we can do is hope that he is ok. I will let you know when I hear something, and will post here also.

(in reply to OPilot)
Post #: 460
RE: Wedge Donovan Wins the War: Apbarog(A) vs Aurorus(J... - 4/4/2018 5:35:18 PM   
OPilot

apbarog

I still have not heard from Aurorus. I am going to seek another player to start a new game. Please email me at if you are interested or if you hear anything from Aurorus.

OPilot

< Message edited by OPilot -- 4/4/2018 9:22:58 PM >

(in reply to apbarog)
Post #: 461
RE: Wedge Donovan Wins the War: Apbarog(A) vs Aurorus(J... - 4/4/2018 8:25:02 PM   
apbarog

Still no word from Aurorus. I haven't given up hope from hearing from him. I am talking to OPilot now about starting up a new game.

I do hope that Aurorus is well. We're all getting older, and can't take for granted that we all have another AE game in us. And things happen. I'd rather find out that he's well and just quit.

As for the game, I thought that I did fairly well surviving the first 6 months. I squandered a bunch of US heavy cruisers in a fit of overaggressiveness, but I thought that the momentum was shifting and the Marshalls invasion was going to be interesting.

If I get another game going with OPilot, I will start a new AAR. If Aurorus returns soon, the game will continue.

Thank you all for your interest in my game.

(in reply to OPilot)
Post #: 462
RE: Wedge Donovan Wins the War: Apbarog(A) vs Aurorus(J... - 4/5/2018 7:15:33 AM   
adarbrauner

I have a feeling he'll be back next week

(in reply to apbarog)
Post #: 463
RE: Wedge Donovan Wins the War: Apbarog(A) vs Aurorus(J... - 4/5/2018 6:23:40 PM   
DOCUP

No! I read this AAR whenever I can.

Post #: 464
RE: Wedge Donovan Wins the War: Apbarog(A) vs Aurorus(J... - 4/6/2018 2:55:07 AM   
apbarog

OPilot and I are in the early stages of starting a new game. I will be returning as the Allies. OPilot has begun working on his first turn. It does appear that this game with Aurorus is over. Barring his return, this is the end of this AAR. Wedge Donovan did save Suva, but didn't get the chance to win the war completely. But with a new game, comes a new AAR.

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 465
RE: Wedge Donovan Wins the War: Apbarog(A) vs Aurorus(J... - 4/6/2018 1:29:50 PM   
jwolf

Ah, rats. This was a great game and AAR. I'm still holding out hope that Aurorus will return. I just hope he wasn't in some terrible accident or other calamity.

(in reply to apbarog)
Post #: 466
RE: Wedge Donovan Wins the War: Apbarog(A) vs Aurorus(J... - 4/6/2018 2:07:09 PM   
Lowpe

quote:

ORIGINAL: adarbrauner

I have a feeling he'll be back next week

Lets hope so!

This has taken an ominous turn.

Post #: 467
RE: Wedge Donovan Wins the War: Apbarog(A) vs Aurorus(J... - 4/7/2018 1:05:40 PM   
ericv

Let's hope nothing serious happened.

I liked reading your AAR and Aurorus's.

Good luck with your new game.

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 468
RE: Wedge Donovan Wins the War: Apbarog(A) vs Aurorus(J... - 4/9/2018 7:22:43 PM   
adarbrauner

This is becoming worrying and alarming.

How could it be possible to make contact with "Aurorus", what's his real name, or address at least the city. Does any one have a hint or an idea ?

(in reply to ericv)
Post #: 469
RE: Wedge Donovan Wins the War: Apbarog(A) vs Aurorus(J... - 4/9/2018 11:12:04 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

This is becoming worrying and alarming.

How could it be possible to make contact with "Aurorus", what's his real name, or address at least the city. Does any one have a hint or an idea ?

He shows as David M in the member's list and I think he said he is in Argentina. No other member details.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

Post #: 470
RE: Wedge Donovan Wins the War: Apbarog(A) vs Aurorus(J... - 4/9/2018 11:17:27 PM   
apbarog

I have his name and that he is from Argentina. I've done some searching but found nothing.

He is either unable or unwilling to continue the game. Either way, all we can do is wish the best for him.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 471
RE: Wedge Donovan Wins the War: Apbarog(A) vs Aurorus(J... - 4/10/2018 6:06:56 AM   
adarbrauner

He's unwilling, he's not. And if he was unable, he would have noticed you proper notice.

(in reply to apbarog)
Post #: 472
RE: Wedge Donovan Wins the War: Apbarog(A) vs Aurorus(J... - 4/10/2018 4:58:29 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

He's unwilling, he's not. And if he was unable, he would have noticed you proper notice.

That's an unfair assumption. There are lots of reasons that tear people away from their promises - serious illness or accident, death in the family, arrest, and more. Aurorus showed no sign of flagging interest in his game so it feels like something unexpected happened in his life.

Post #: 473
Page:   <<   < prev  12 13 14 15 [16]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Wedge Donovan Wins the War: Apbarog(A) vs Aurorus(J) DBB-B Page: <<   < prev  12 13 14 15 [16]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI