Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Spaceport vs star base over colony: resources shortage.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> RE: Spaceport vs star base over colony: resources shortage. Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Spaceport vs star base over colony: resources short... - 9/9/2017 9:32:06 PM   
Blabsawaw22

quote:

ORIGINAL: Retreat1970

Resource problem posts make me more sarcastic than usual. Sorry about that. It's because there is nothing you can do to change it. Private sector is out of your control therefore don't worry about it. Will the game company fix it? Doubt it. The last patch was 2 years ago. They're knee deep in DW2 (I hope). Plus DW is old (7.5 years now). I gave up control a long time ago. If I come across fuel problems or resource problems I just chalk it up to adversity and I try to overcome it. My best games came from desperate times. Just saying. But I'll shut up. You guys are right, I don't have anything to add (not sarcasm).

In Distant Worlds 2 you'll be able to cause his resource shortages.. through multiplayer!

They better have multiplayer. haha. (I know this just irks some of you guys.)

(in reply to Retreat1970)
Post #: 61
RE: Spaceport vs star base over colony: resources short... - 9/10/2017 2:01:54 AM   
Shark7

quote:

ORIGINAL: Blabsawaw22

quote:

Resource problem posts make me more sarcastic than usual. Sorry about that. It's because there is nothing you can do to change it. Private sector is out of your control therefore don't worry about it. Will the game company fix it? Doubt it. The last patch was 2 years ago. They're knee deep in DW2 (I hope). Plus DW is old (7.5 years now). I gave up control a long time ago. If I come across fuel problems or resource problems I just chalk it up to adversity and I try to overcome it. My best games came from desperate times. Just saying. But I'll shut up. You guys are right, I don't have anything to add (not sarcasm).

In Distant Worlds 2 you'll be able to cause his resource shortages.. through multiplayer!

They better have multiplayer. haha. (I know this just irks some of you guys.)

So long as the SP is still good, I'm fine with multiplayer. I might even be convinced to occasionally participate in multiplayer. But I am still a SP campaign gamer at heart, so that is a must.

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

(in reply to Blabsawaw22)
Post #: 62
RE: Spaceport vs star base over colony: resources short... - 9/10/2017 8:48:57 PM   
Retreat1970

Way to hijack the thread Blab...

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 63
RE: Spaceport vs star base over colony: resources short... - 9/10/2017 10:10:35 PM   
Blabsawaw22

quote:

Way to hijack the thread Blab...

Haha, in any other situation I agree, but DistantWorlds 1 is over in terms of people needing this board anymore. They are working on the new game and this board will be dead is it kinda already is.

So worry not about hijacking anymore. We are lucky if this board even gets an update At all. Hah.

There isn't any new news coming out for DistantWorlds 1 and we all know it.

Anyway this is the only thread even still active for that matter.

Back to my game.

< Message edited by Blabsawaw22 -- 9/10/2017 10:11:58 PM >

(in reply to Retreat1970)
Post #: 64
RE: Spaceport vs star base over colony: resources short... - 9/11/2017 7:12:32 AM   
SirHoraceHarkness

Started a vanilla game and had no issues with resources getting to colonies and did the same with icemanias ai mod with the same results. I'm wondering if its the bacon mod?

Post #: 65
RE: Spaceport vs star base over colony: resources short... - 9/11/2017 1:56:42 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: SirHoraceHarkness

Started a vanilla game and had no issues with resources getting to colonies and did the same with icemanias ai mod with the same results. I'm wondering if its the bacon mod?

I've never had issues in my game. You can turn off gravity wells if you think they are slowing freighters down too much. Set gravity wells to false in the BaconSettings.txt and load up the game. Run it for awhile and see if your supply issues go away. I haven't heard of other people having this issue with the mod though.

(in reply to SirHoraceHarkness)
Post #: 66
RE: Spaceport vs star base over colony: resources short... - 9/11/2017 3:23:11 PM   
Blabsawaw22

The game has issues, Elliot fixed as much as he could, he did a good job, but there are just leftover problems that are impossible to fix without rewriting the whole code I'm sure.. which is fine because they are writing complete new code! With DistantWorlds2!

DistantWorlds 1 is fun and fine to play for now, since they came out with 5+ patches right? And especially since the sequel is coming.

I will start a normal empire game tonight. I've been playing Pirateplay which for some reason everybody hates ha.

But for sure 100% the game has issues still with resource management atleast in respect to gas. They may be small issues, but they are there. My most recent example, with complete up to date game, I went $-5,000,000 from my private sector freighters buying resources when I had an abundance of resources. I just don't understand what they were looking at as something was triggering them to buy instead of use my own stock..

It's something I have to send to Elliot. And only he can explain what would be causing that particular resource bug.

I'll upload the picture later if you don't believe me.

< Message edited by Blabsawaw22 -- 9/11/2017 3:37:54 PM >

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 67
RE: Spaceport vs star base over colony: resources short... - 9/11/2017 10:25:43 PM   
Blabsawaw22

quote:

Started a vanilla game and had no issues with resources getting to colonies

quote:

ORIGINAL: RogerBacon

quote:

Started a vanilla game and had no issues with resources getting to colonies and did the same

I've never had issues in my game.I haven't heard of other people having this issue with the mod though.

This is Vanilla Game all updates and no Mods.

Here is the latest screen shot. Just have a look. All those who say something isn't wrong with resource management. $ -5,000,000 in Debt because my freighters continually buy other resources that I have in my Mines and spaceports. Shown is my homePlanet,and spaceport Cargo of another spaceport.

Anyway I'm starting an Ancient Galaxies Game now and it will probably be fine. But anyway, resource management certainly is flawed. That's all. I'm still going to play. But I just wanted to show some of you who say "I've never seen that, or never had problems etc.."

Back to my beautifully flawed game where I can't even buy ships to defend myself!

**Edit - added my save game just for kicks if anyone wants to see it first-hand. It's Vanilla DistantWorlds so no Mods needed.

http://www29.zippyshare.com/v/pwB3ZIcI/file.html

Just for kicks, probably no-one will be interested but here is my Game if anybody really wants to experience it.

http://www29.zippyshare.com/v/pwB3ZIcI/file.html

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Blabsawaw22 -- 9/11/2017 11:07:27 PM >

(in reply to SirHoraceHarkness)
Post #: 68
RE: Spaceport vs star base over colony: resources short... - 9/11/2017 11:42:34 PM   
Retreat1970

I believe you. You keep posting about things that will never be fixed though. By all means keep trying.

Post #: 69
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> RE: Spaceport vs star base over colony: resources shortage. Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI