Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Steel Tigers vs Field of Glory 2...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Steel Tigers vs Field of Glory 2... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Steel Tigers vs Field of Glory 2... - 10/28/2017 8:26:53 AM   
TDefender

quote:

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

quote:

ORIGINAL: TDefender

quote:

What if Steel Tigers isn't as good as Field of Glory 2. I think Field of Glory 2 has set the standard of what we expect in a wargame now. Good game with good AI. I can hardly play anything else now with a socalled AI.

What's yer thoughts?

Field of Glory 2 has probably set a new standard as to graphics and interface, which are amazing indeed, but I cannot say the same as to gameplay (I still consider Field of Glory better ) . I therefore hope for Steel Tigers a good balance between graphics and gameplay.

But, you are in a crowd of the few that prefer FoG1 over FoG2.

I wouldn't play FoG1 if Matrix/Slitherine paid me and gave me a free copy of "Steel Tigers", well maybe Steel Tigers but, I'd only play it once just to get the free game of Steel Tigers.

I'm simply in the crowd of the few who have both games You are just talking about graphics but anyway you are right when you say " I wouldn't play Fog1 ..." becouse if you did you could experience some unexpected surprises comparing the 2 games ;)

< Message edited by TDefender -- 10/28/2017 8:28:40 AM >

(in reply to aaatoysandmore)
Post #: 31
RE: Steel Tigers vs Field of Glory 2... - 10/28/2017 1:33:58 PM   
76mm

quote:

I'm simply in the crowd of the few who have both games You are just talking about graphics but anyway you are right when you say " I wouldn't play Fog1 ..." becouse if you did you could experience some unexpected surprises comparing the 2 games ;)

Lots of people have both games, and there are a lot more differences than graphics. In particular, the combat system has been reworked to make modifiers more granular, resulting in fewer extreme results. At least that is what they say, still getting a feel for FOG2.

(in reply to TDefender)
Post #: 32
RE: Steel Tigers vs Field of Glory 2... - 10/28/2017 4:11:53 PM   
TDefender

Field of Glory 2 is definitely a very good game: the work did about graphics , interface and P vs Ai mode is very good, but from a simply gameplay prospective the game has been quite streamlined, there are several combat variables and mechanics missing from FoG 1 and this lack is particulary clear when you play vs another player. I was looking for a long for FoG 2, bought it, and played a lot for the first week, now I'm back to my FoG1 multiplayer challenges

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 33
RE: Steel Tigers vs Field of Glory 2... - 10/28/2017 5:09:35 PM   
76mm

quote:

...there are several combat variables and mechanics missing from FoG 1 and this lack is particulary clear when you play vs another player.

I played quite a bit of multi-player FOG1 when the game came out, but haven't played in several years, so don't remember all of the details. Which variables and mechanics are you missing in FOG2?

< Message edited by 76mm -- 10/28/2017 5:10:01 PM >

(in reply to TDefender)
Post #: 34
RE: Steel Tigers vs Field of Glory 2... - 10/29/2017 4:55:15 PM   
aaatoysandmore

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

What if Steel Tigers isn't as good as Field of Glory 2. I think Field of Glory 2 has set the standard of what we expect in a wargame now. Good game with good AI. I can hardly play anything else now with a socalled AI.

What's yer thoughts?

Field of Glory 2 has probably set a new standard as to graphics and interface, which are amazing indeed, but I cannot say the same as to gameplay (I still consider Field of Glory better ) . I therefore hope for Steel Tigers a good balance between graphics and gameplay.

But, you are in a crowd of the few that prefer FoG1 over FoG2.

I wouldn't play FoG1 if Matrix/Slitherine paid me and gave me a free copy of "Steel Tigers", well maybe Steel Tigers but, I'd only play it once just to get the free game of Steel Tigers.

Ummm if you could read I said I wouldn't
"PLAY" Fog1 if they paid me or gave me a free game of Steel Tigers. I bought it long time ago and saw how "terrible" it was (especially the ai) iggy.

I can easily compare the greatness of FoG2 vs Fog1; there's really no comparison. FoG2 by 100x fold in every way possible.

(in reply to TDefender)
Post #: 35
RE: Steel Tigers vs Field of Glory 2... - 10/29/2017 6:22:57 PM   
wodin

We agree on that point:)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MrsWargamer

I'd like it if Steel Tigers went with WEGO.

(in reply to MrsWargamer)
Post #: 36
RE: Steel Tigers vs Field of Glory 2... - 10/30/2017 1:06:03 AM   
aaatoysandmore

I have no problem with wego; I like wego. Just don't like bad AI's.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 37
RE: Steel Tigers vs Field of Glory 2... - 11/3/2017 9:02:46 PM   
zasgard

Wonder if ST will come out next year or 2019?

(in reply to aaatoysandmore)
Post #: 38
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Steel Tigers vs Field of Glory 2... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI