Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Email Lists better than Forums?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Email Lists better than Forums? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Email Lists better than Forums? - 5/28/2001 11:01:00 PM   
Mike Mnich

Dear Guys, I still like email lists better than forums. The forums take longer to login and navigate and post to. Sometimes you want to answer off list, but the poster has no pvt. email. I find this forum slow and hard to find information on. If it is not on the first page, or constantly bumped up, posts get lost. Often if you ask a question and 1 person responds, that is all anyone will answer. If you post to that thread to clarify or get more information, your followup is buried and often ignored. How do the rest of you feel? Any chance we could get email lists going in addition to the forums? Thanks, Mike :)

Post #: 1
- 5/28/2001 11:57:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

This forum has a private message capability. Together with the archival nature of the forum and the fact that you have more control its what we are using. There are those who like mailing lists better, they are free to start one if they wish, but the "official" Matrix "community" will be this forum!

(in reply to Mike Mnich)
Post #: 2
- 5/29/2001 12:50:00 AM   
Wild Bill

I used to be of the same mind, Mike, but having now become accostumed to a forum type of communication, I really think this is the best way to go. Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Mike Mnich)
Post #: 3
- 5/29/2001 4:47:00 PM   
ectizen

Do you think something simple like increasing the number of threads per page from 25 to 40 or 50 would help? This would keep recent threads visible on the front page longer (about 2 days at the moment), giving more opportunities for the not-quite-daily reader to reply.

ectizen's SP:WaW Tools - Map Thing (1.0a), Scenario W

(in reply to Mike Mnich)
Post #: 4
- 5/29/2001 8:01:00 PM   
Mark Ezra

The big problem for Email list was the 100 plus Email days that were the norm. I'm glad to use the forum method

All Hail Marx and Lennon

(in reply to Mike Mnich)
Post #: 5
- 6/1/2001 6:17:00 AM   
Gloo

quote:

Originally posted by Mark Ezra: The big problem for Email list was the 100 plus Email days that were the norm. I'm glad to use the forum method
Right! Considering the number of dayly contributions here, that would be inferno in our emailboxes! :) Anyway, there is at least one thing I find relly annoying about that forum. There's no handy way to keep track of the threads you posted on. The only easy way is to initiate threads, not forgetting to check the box for e-mail notifications! As you can guess, I generally forget to check it... :rolleyes: I really think the checkbox should default to checked :)

{:]]

"One ring to find them all..."

(in reply to Mike Mnich)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Email Lists better than Forums? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI