Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Scenarios for Heroes and Leaders mod

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: Scenarios for Heroes and Leaders mod Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Scenarios for Heroes and Leaders mod - 12/9/2018 6:04:32 PM   
GiveWarAchance

About the opening information panels, they are very interesting and beautiful but pass by very fast. Can I access them again somehow? I am not a fast reader and I tend to read details slowly. The briefing button doesn't show them.

(in reply to GiveWarAchance)
Post #: 151
RE: Scenarios for Heroes and Leaders mod - 12/9/2018 6:19:16 PM   
budd

Agree, can they be set up to stay on screen until you click next or something.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Post #: 152
RE: Scenarios for Heroes and Leaders mod - 12/9/2018 6:25:23 PM   
GiveWarAchance

This game is a real gritty battle of attrition. My troops are trying to shoot up the Soviets in buildings across the street.

budd, how are you doing in the Barrikady battles? Are you making progress?

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 153
RE: Scenarios for Heroes and Leaders mod - 12/9/2018 6:25:47 PM   
asl3d

Hello again,
The same thing happens to me as you. I have not found a way to stop or slow down the panels sequence.
The solution I have found is to publish the panels previously, as you can see here, and then publish all the panels together in an external document. That's what I've done with the Carentan historical module and that's what I'm doing with Barrikady.
It is not a great solution but at least it is something.
Finally, if you are interested in having the document with Carentan panels, you can download them, along with other documents that may be of interest to you, from:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4415998#

Semper fidelis

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 154
RE: Scenarios for Heroes and Leaders mod - 12/9/2018 6:58:59 PM   
budd

I just looked at the beautiful maps of the factory, playing Carentan. It's been awhile since i played, and i wasn't a board game player, so i'm still familiarizing myself with the game again.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 155
RE: Scenarios for Heroes and Leaders mod - 12/9/2018 9:18:35 PM   
GiveWarAchance

asl3d, thanks, I looked through those documents and they look really good. I was impressed by both your Carentan pictures and the level of detail in describing the army units. I'm going to read through it all cause it looks interesting with good pictures. It's similar to an Osprey book.

budd, same as me. I'm doing the factory battle but getting shot up a fair bit cause I moved some units to spot the enemies so I could shoot at them. My MG34s are trying to turn the tide as we trade fire between buildings. The loud moans of my troops getting mowed down in the streets is sad to hear, but the screams of enemies getting shot up is a soothing melody. I need to learn better tactics. There is mortar fire too.

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 156
RE: Scenarios for Heroes and Leaders mod - 12/9/2018 9:21:15 PM   
GiveWarAchance

and I like your idea to put the information panels in a document to be easily read. I can read those slowly and carefully.
The Barrikady panels are not yet in a document right? I can look them up on your threads for now.

Post #: 157
RE: Scenarios for Heroes and Leaders mod - 12/10/2018 5:30:29 PM   
asl3d

Second information panel for Barrikady Bread Factory scenario

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

Post #: 158
RE: Scenarios for Heroes and Leaders mod - 12/10/2018 5:31:49 PM   
asl3d

quote:

ORIGINAL: budd

I just looked at the beautiful maps of the factory, playing Carentan. It's been awhile since i played, and i wasn't a board game player, so i'm still familiarizing myself with the game again.

Hello Budd,
Thank you very much for your words.
If you have ever played the Advanced Squad Leader board game you will see that it is quite similar, even easier to play.
The fight in the Barrikady Factory complex is bloody and very disputed. I hope you come out alive from the rubble!!!!!!

Semper fidelis

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 159
RE: Scenarios for Heroes and Leaders mod - 12/10/2018 5:33:50 PM   
asl3d

quote:

ORIGINAL: GiveWarAchance

and I like your idea to put the information panels in a document to be easily read. I can read those slowly and carefully.
The Barrikady panels are not yet in a document right? I can look them up on your threads for now.

Hello GiveWarAchance,
All Barrikady panels are not yet in a PDF document. Right now I am starting to generate the document, along with the rest of the documents. Here is the content of the new document package I am preparing:

1.- Scenarios Collection Carentan, version of January 9, 2018
2.- Scenarios Collection Barrikady, new.
3.- Terrain Chart, release of December 10, 2018
4.- Tutorial, release of December 10, 2018
5.- Units Catalog 1 Soviet Army, new
6.- Units Catalog 2 German Army, release of December 10, 2018
7.- Units Catalog 3 US Army, version of January 9, 2018

Semper fidelis

Post #: 160
RE: Scenarios for Heroes and Leaders mod - 12/10/2018 6:09:32 PM   
asl3d

quote:

I got Barrikady Factory scenario running.
That map is beautiful. A lot of troops in this one which is good.

In the readme for the mod, it says to put the documents into the game folder. Those documents are for us to read outside of the game right? I can leave them on my desktop to access easier? It looks like most of the pdfs are about Carentan which looks really good, lots of lush greenery compared to the gritty ruins of Stalingrad. Did you make all those documents? They sure are packed with interesting info especially the army descriptions.

Hello GiveWarAchance,

You're right, PDF documents do not need to be saved in the Heroes of Stalingrad folder. Your desktop is a good place to save them.

Regarding the content of the different documents, most of it is a summary of the information previously published in the Thread dedicated to Heroes and Leaders mod. At the moment there are only the documents corresponding to the historical Carentan module. Now I am compiling the documents corresponding to the new historical Barrikay module. Coming soon.

Semper fidelis

Post #: 161
RE: Scenarios for Heroes and Leaders mod - 12/10/2018 6:19:34 PM   
GiveWarAchance

Thank you. It will be nice to have the Barrikady info panels in one pack to read before battle.

This is a dumb question, but is the Carentan already finished? Is it a playable campaign now? I thought you were only thinking of making it.

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 162
RE: Scenarios for Heroes and Leaders mod - 12/10/2018 8:07:42 PM   
asl3d

quote:

Thank you. It will be nice to have the Barrikady info panels in one pack to read before battle.

This is a dumb question, but is the Carentan already finished? Is it a playable campaign now? I thought you were only thinking of making it.

The historical Carantan module is fully available. Your scenarios are no longer downloaded from the Thread "Scenarios for Heroes and Leaders Mod" because they are already included in the Core of Heroes and Leaders mod. When you download the Core you also have all the Carentan scenarios and the first Barrikady scenario (Barrikady West).

You may have been confused with Carentan Expansión, which will consist of using part of the Carentan boards to recreate scenarios on June 6, 1944, and which will go simultaneously with the historic Omaha module.

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

Post #: 163
RE: Scenarios for Heroes and Leaders mod - 12/11/2018 2:49:59 AM   
GiveWarAchance

Oh nice! I just checked my game and those Carentan battles are there. I looked briefly at I think Dunlop and a Stug blew up right away cause the Germans are abushed on a road going into town but I managed to shoot up an American squad as revenge. I like the lush green forest. I play through the Barrikady campaign before I start Carentan though and most probably will do more AARs about Stalingrad to honor that great battle and your effort in making this content. That's really cool knowing these American battles are available too. This game is getting a lot of quality content now thanks to you.

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 164
RE: Scenarios for Heroes and Leaders mod - 12/11/2018 4:55:19 PM   
GiveWarAchance

I tried Barrikady factory again but got bogged down even worse because it is rare to cause casualties to cull the defenders while they are protected in buildings. I'm thinking the 8 turn limit is too severe, for me anyways. Like if there were no Russian units on the board, it would take over 8 turns to move the German units across the board, but with the large enemy force defending, to both break through and move across the map in 8 turns seems like an impossibility. I do admit I am not good this game cause I need to learn it better so other players may be okay with that time limit.

Post #: 165
RE: Scenarios for Heroes and Leaders mod - 12/11/2018 5:49:24 PM   
asl3d

Third information panel for Barrikady Bread Factory scenario

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

Post #: 166
RE: Scenarios for Heroes and Leaders mod - 12/11/2018 6:03:18 PM   
asl3d

quote:

Oh nice! I just checked my game and those Carentan battles are there. I looked briefly at I think Dunlop and a Stug blew up right away cause the Germans are abushed on a road going into town but I managed to shoot up an American squad as revenge. I like the lush green forest. I play through the Barrikady campaign before I start Carentan though and most probably will do more AARs about Stalingrad to honor that great battle and your effort in making this content. That's really cool knowing these American battles are available too. This game is getting a lot of quality content now thanks to you.

Hello GiveWarAchance.

Carentan Historical Module:

The scenario that justifies the module is 05 Donville, which is the counterattack on Carentan led by the 37th SS Panzergrenadier Regiment and SS-Panzer Abteilung 17, of 17st SS Panzergrenadier Division, reinforced on its right flank by the 6st Fallschirmjäger Regiment.
The other scenarios are located around Carentan but not as close as it is shown on the Donville boards. It has really been a compromise solution to recreate some battles made by American paratroopers between June 6 and 11, 1944.
Barrikady is more precise on the scale, with some licenses ....

AAR on the Barrikady scenarios:

Wonderful idea. The first AAR has been impressive and the goal of improving it seems very difficult to achieve ......

Semper fidelis

Post #: 167
RE: Scenarios for Heroes and Leaders mod - 12/11/2018 6:14:13 PM   
jnmdwn

Hi all Im the new today, and I am interresting about the game "Heroes and Leaders" and this look like very interresting, but seem to be for the Russian campaign, I see some scenaris about Battle of Normandy, but probably only because the Mods, before I buy it I would like to know if is there an editor of battle of this game ?
And how is the playability (funny boring limited...this game is from 2014 isn t but curious never see it) !

Thanks to all of you and to the moderators of this forum, but also sorry to my short presentation I had a little technical problem to find the good login.

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 168
RE: Scenarios for Heroes and Leaders mod - 12/11/2018 6:14:35 PM   
asl3d

quote:

I tried Barrikady factory again but got bogged down even worse because it is rare to cause casualties to cull the defenders while they are protected in buildings. I'm thinking the 8 turn limit is too severe, for me anyways. Like if there were no Russian units on the board, it would take over 8 turns to move the German units across the board, but with the large enemy force defending, to both break through and move across the map in 8 turns seems like an impossibility. I do admit I am not good this game cause I need to learn it better so other players may be okay with that time limit.

Hello GiveWarAchance.

Time limit (8 turns):

It is possible that you are right. However, I would like to know how many Hexes of Victory you have managed to conquer at the end of turn 8. This information can help me understand what is happening to you.

Advice:

Try to play scenarios with fewer boards (Barrikady Factory has 4 boards) and with fewer units. If you are unfamiliar with the game or something "rusty", if you play less complex scenarios it will be easier to return to the "rubble" of the factory.
Try with "Barrikady Tsaritsa". It is not easy (only 6 turns), but it is much more manageable.

Semper fidelis

Post #: 169
RE: Scenarios for Heroes and Leaders mod - 12/11/2018 7:18:54 PM   
asl3d

quote:

ORIGINAL: jnmdwn

Hi all Im the new today, and I am interresting about the game "Heroes and Leaders" and this look like very interresting, but seem to be for the Russian campaign, I see some scenaris about Battle of Normandy, but probably only because the Mods, before I buy it I would like to know if is there an editor of battle of this game ?
And how is the playability (funny boring limited...this game is from 2014 isn t but curious never see it) !

Thanks to all of you and to the moderators of this forum, but also sorry to my short presentation I had a little technical problem to find the good login.

Hello jnmdwn.

Welcome to the "Heroes of Stalingrad" forum and, especially, to our "Heroes and Leader mod" forum.

Heroes of Stalingrad:

The original game is already some years old. Also, it seems to me that the original designers have stopped maintaining the game. At least, they have not published new scenarios or new campaigns/expansions. However, the game works reasonably. Since a time ago, not much, some fans of this type of wargames are trying to revive.

Battle editor:

Yes. Precisely, I made "Heroes and Leader mod" using the Battle Editor of the original game. It's not easy, but it's not impossible either.

My opinion:

I am an Advanced Squad Leader boardgame player, the most famous in history. This game is not an exact copy of ASL but it is very similar, even exceeds it in some aspects. I am enjoying doing the different historical modules of H&L mod and, those players who are trying it are suffering to win every battle. For me, this is the best news.

Courage soldier !!!!!!!!!

Semper fidelis

(in reply to jnmdwn)
Post #: 170
RE: Scenarios for Heroes and Leaders mod - 12/12/2018 1:44:59 AM   
GiveWarAchance

asl3d, I've actually been thinking of doing the Tsaritsa battle next but mainly cause I like the pictures you posted of it.

To tell you the truth, I am very rusty at this game and never was good at it like I didn't even know about smoke grenades, so my intent when playing that factory battle was to accept that I was going to lose and just do the battle anyways because the historical Stalingrad battles were mostly about battering against strongly held Russian defenses with dismal results and slow grinding progress of a pyrrhic nature at best. I was in it for the Stalingrad experience more than a futile grab at an exceedingly unlikely victory.

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 171
RE: Scenarios for Heroes and Leaders mod - 12/12/2018 6:58:33 PM   
asl3d

Fourth information panel for Barrikady Bread Factory scenario

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

Post #: 172
RE: Scenarios for Heroes and Leaders mod - 12/12/2018 8:12:16 PM   
asl3d

quote:

asl3d, I've actually been thinking of doing the Tsaritsa battle next but mainly cause I like the pictures you posted of it.

To tell you the truth, I am very rusty at this game and never was good at it like I didn't even know about smoke grenades, so my intent when playing that factory battle was to accept that I was going to lose and just do the battle anyways because the historical Stalingrad battles were mostly about battering against strongly held Russian defenses with dismal results and slow grinding progress of a pyrrhic nature at best. I was in it for the Stalingrad experience more than a futile grab at an exceedingly unlikely victory.

It's a good idea to read the original game rules book as attention. It was very useful for me. In addition, it's very well done and is very friendly.
It's also convenient to read the Tutorial Document, where the novelties that include Heroes and Leaders mod (new terrain, new rules ...) are explained.
Also to be honest, I haven't used smoke grenades. It's not that they are not useful, but that it's wasting time on the units that use them. They provide more protection but you lose shock force.
Keep in mind that each scenario doesn't require a total victory in the entire industrial complex of the Barrikady Factory. There is not even a single scenario that uses the 9 Barrikady boards. I mean that success is determined by the terrain conquered (Victory Hexes) with the few forces at your disposal, whether you have the German or the Soviet side.
If you manage to be ahead of the historical front, you have done your job well. If you are behind, the historical protagonists did better than you.

Semper fidelis

Post #: 173
RE: Scenarios for Heroes and Leaders mod - 12/13/2018 5:04:14 PM   
asl3d

Fifth information panel for Barrikady Bread Factory scenario

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 174
RE: Scenarios for Heroes and Leaders mod - 12/14/2018 5:18:03 PM   
asl3d

Sixth information panel for Barrikady Bread Factory scenario

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 175
RE: Scenarios for Heroes and Leaders mod - 12/14/2018 11:37:58 PM   
GiveWarAchance

Those are nice info panels. The descriptions make one wish to be part of the battle as if it were a fun event like a Christmas party.

Those Russian mortars do a good job of diminishing the German attack as I learned the hard way.

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 176
RE: Scenarios for Heroes and Leaders mod - 12/15/2018 5:55:17 PM   
asl3d

Seventh information panel for Barrikady Bread Factory scenario

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

Post #: 177
RE: Scenarios for Heroes and Leaders mod - 12/16/2018 4:56:49 PM   
asl3d

Eighth information panel for Barrikady Bread Factory scenario

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 178
RE: Scenarios for Heroes and Leaders mod - 12/17/2018 6:42:32 PM   
asl3d

Ninth information panel for Barrikady Bread Factory scenario

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 179
RE: Scenarios for Heroes and Leaders mod - 12/18/2018 6:13:06 PM   
asl3d

The new current pack of Scenarios for Heroes and Leaders mod is already available in this same "thread", in the post # 1:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4374224

List of scenarios contained in this pack:

“Barrikady Bread Factory,” for Historical Module 2 Barrikady, version of December 18, 2018
“Barrikady Mashinnya,” for Historical Module 2 Barrikady, version of December 8, 2018
“Barrikady Factory,” for Historical Module 2 Barrikady, version of November 29, 2018
“Barrikady South,” for Historical Module 2 Barrikady, version of November 12, 2018
“Barrikady North,” for Historical Module 2 Barrikady, version of November 09, 2018
“Barrikady Yanvarya,” for Historical Module 2 Barrikady, version of October 30, 2018
“Barrikady Stalinaya,” for Historical Module 2 Barrikady, version of October 20, 2018
“Barrikady Tsaritsa,” for Historical Module 2 Barrikady, version of October 12, 2018
“Barrikady Skulpturny,” for Historical Module 2 Barrikady, version of October 03, 2018
“Barrikady Sormosk,” for Historical Module 2 Barrikady, version of September 21, 2018
“Barrikady Tramvanaya,” for Historical Module 2 Barrikady, version of September 9, 2018

List of scenarios published and contained in the Core of Heroes and Leaders mod:

“Barrikady West”, for Historical Module 2 Barrikady, version of August 29, 2018
"Donville", for Historical Module 1 Carentan, version of August 29, 2018
"Graignes", for Historical Module 1 Carentan, version of August 29, 2018
“Carentan town”, for Historical Module 1 Carentan, version of August 29, 2018
“Ingouf farm”, for Historical Module 1 Carentan, version of August 29, 2018
“Brecourt Manor”, for Historical Module 1 Carentan, version of August 29, 2018

< Message edited by asl3d -- 12/19/2018 5:10:14 PM >

Semper fidelis

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: Scenarios for Heroes and Leaders mod Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI