Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: STBP 1943-45 devoncop (Axis) vs warspite1 (CW)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> After Action Reports >> RE: STBP 1943-45 devoncop (Axis) vs warspite1 (CW) Page: <<   < prev  14 15 16 17 [18]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: STBP 1943-45 devoncop (Axis) vs warspite1 (CW) - 5/30/2018 7:23:21 PM   
warspite1

Turn 196
21st January 1944

devoncop has built an artillery park in front of the Kiwi/Canadian sector. I can't afford to get into an artillery duel so I will need to think about what to do here as that was painful.....

Attachment (1)

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 511
RE: STBP 1943-45 devoncop (Axis) vs warspite1 (CW) - 5/30/2018 7:37:37 PM   
warspite1

Turn 196
21st January 1944

I decide the best I can do is to keep plugging away and hope that devoncop realises there are more important places for his artillery to be....

Two further hexes gain on VI and II Corps fronts, while in the north my forces start to move around the enemy.... let's hope there are no hidden reserves there....

Attachment (1)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 512
RE: STBP 1943-45 devoncop (Axis) vs warspite1 (CW) - 5/31/2018 6:22:52 AM   
devoncop

Hi all.

Sadly I am having to surrender this game at this point as under this (original) version of the STBP scenario my supply levels are such that all troops south of Verona are operating at a supply level of zero despite being parked close to Rome for the most part. This may be because of the activities of the partisans that do not appear in the latest version of the scenario that I am playing with Larry. It does seem odd that a couple of broken rails up near Brenner pass has been able to starve the army near Rome but it seems this is what has happened....very bizarre. Given that Italy was no Yugoslavia when it came to partisan activity I agree with the decision to remove them from this scenario.

Having said that I was well on the way to losing this anyway as besides the paper thin lines around Rome I had nothing more than a couple of cooks and mechanics "manning" the lines further north.

Warspite did a really great job in Sicily and the deep south so it was a very deserved win. I do think the newest version Larry uploaded which we have used in our games at 2 turns a week rather than a turn a day like here loses nothing in drama and as it now has a few ships for the allies and more accurate supply infrastructure for the Germans without partisans I personally would recommend it.

Thanks to Warspite for the great AAR which I am now off to read from the beginning...As we are only 19 turns from the end of the epic CFNA one I am looking forward to reading about his win there soon :-)

All the best

Ian

"I do not agree with what you say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it"

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 513
RE: STBP 1943-45 devoncop (Axis) vs warspite1 (CW) - 5/31/2018 4:28:25 PM   
warspite1

Hi devoncop

That's a real shame as this was a big investment in time and effort for us both - only to be beaten by something that surely should be known? Fully understand your decision though given the situation you describe - no fun. If its any consolation you'd almost destroyed the partisans in the north and replacements were being fed in in the south! I guess that is no consolation when they've already destroyed the rail lines.

I hope that the problems pointed out in AAR such as these will mean someone working on fixing the issues - at least the real biggies like the one you encountered and the duplicate divisions.

Regardless of the outcome I thoroughly enjoyed our game, I really appreciate the pace of turn turnaround and the spirit the game was played in.

I hope you enjoy reading the AAR!

(in reply to devoncop)
Post #: 514
RE: STBP 1943-45 devoncop (Axis) vs warspite1 (CW) - 5/31/2018 4:40:10 PM   
devoncop

Hi Warspite.

Truly epic AAR and it really have me a different perspective on the struggle !

The issue wasn't so much the rail lines being ripped up....fair enough ...but the fact my engineers have no rail repair ability and the auto repair mechanic detailed in the scenario notes was not working as far as I could make out.
Sorry again you didn't get to see the Royal Tank Regiment driving through the Brenner Pass but believe me it would have happened well before May 45 !

Thanks for the opportunity and I will follow your War in the Pacific clash with Larry very closely....(hint.....you will find you got hit pretty hard 1st turn...)

"I do not agree with what you say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it"

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 515
Page:   <<   < prev  14 15 16 17 [18]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> After Action Reports >> RE: STBP 1943-45 devoncop (Axis) vs warspite1 (CW) Page: <<   < prev  14 15 16 17 [18]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI