Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> After Action Reports >> RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 8/8/2018 7:19:34 PM   
crispy131313

quote:

ORIGINAL: KorutZelva

quote:

ORIGINAL: crispy131313

The USA has an alternate capital, I've no experience with attacking the USA i'm not sure if the capital would move there or not. Either way it's pretty silly, highlighted by the fact that in this match you wanted to either you pull it off or forfeit the game once foiled.

I could live with my invasion being beaten back but I needed one of the western power to be essentially written out to keep it competitive. My heart sank when I scrolled over Edinburgh and saw a million units after having killed the entire UK army three times over.

I guess it's nice that you are willing to shake things over. But from my perspective its moot unless we start seeing people using sealion, all of France and win. Else it's just putting make-ups on dead-ends.

I decided to try a similar strategy to KZ in an ongoing game and we are now in September 1941 where this game ended.

In my current match Germany conquered all of France and the British government has fled to Toronto, as I tried Sealion for the first time. Spanish diplomacy hasn't really worked too well, so it's unlikely Franco will ever join the Axis.

In the East I did a typical Barbarossa in the final turn of May, the Axis have thus far marched within 3 hexes of both Leningrad in the North and Rostov in the South. Kharkov has been captured and Army Group Center is well beyond Smolensk en route to Moscow.

I am a bit behind in North Africa in comparison to KZ, but land forces are attacking Alexandria as we speak.

The only reason I am posting this is I wanted to see if Germany was truly handcuffed to fail when playing outside of the box in FWII as KZ advocated and I am confident that is not the case.

Cheers!

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 91
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 8/8/2018 8:44:18 PM   
KorutZelva

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: KorutZelva

quote:

The USA has an alternate capital, I've no experience with attacking the USA i'm not sure if the capital would move there or not. Either way it's pretty silly, highlighted by the fact that in this match you wanted to either you pull it off or forfeit the game once foiled.

I could live with my invasion being beaten back but I needed one of the western power to be essentially written out to keep it competitive. My heart sank when I scrolled over Edinburgh and saw a million units after having killed the entire UK army three times over.

I guess it's nice that you are willing to shake things over. But from my perspective its moot unless we start seeing people using sealion, all of France and win. Else it's just putting make-ups on dead-ends.

I decided to try a similar strategy to KZ in an ongoing game and we are now in September 1941 where this game ended.

In my current match Germany conquered all of France and the British government has fled to Toronto, as I tried Sealion for the first time. Spanish diplomacy hasn't really worked too well, so it's unlikely Franco will ever join the Axis.

In the East I did a typical Barbarossa in the final turn of May, the Axis have thus far marched within 3 hexes of both Leningrad in the North and Rostov in the South. Kharkov has been captured and Army Group Center is well beyond Smolensk en route to Moscow.

I am a bit behind in North Africa in comparison to KZ, but land forces are attacking Alexandria as we speak.

The only reason I am posting this is I wanted to see if Germany was truly handcuffed to fail when playing outside of the box in FWII as KZ advocated and I am confident that is not the case.

Cheers!

It's good to hear that the tweaks you've made had the intended effect. Let's see if players other than the mod creator can replicate the feat.

< Message edited by KorutZelva -- 8/8/2018 9:58:24 PM >

(in reply to crispy131313)
Post #: 92
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 8/8/2018 11:53:26 PM   
Sugar

I can't get, why a strategy to go all in immediately (All of France and/or Sealion and/or invading US) should determine the quality of a mod, especially against experienced players. Since the benefits are huge, the risks should also be. In contrary, I doubt such possibilities to enable a well balanced game.

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 93
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 8/9/2018 12:52:22 AM   
crispy131313

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sugar

I can't get, why a strategy to go all in immediately (All of France and/or Sealion and/or invading US) should determine the quality of a mod, especially against experienced players. Since the benefits are huge, the risks should also be. In contrary, I doubt such possibilities to enable a well balanced game.

I don't support invading the US, I think it's silly. I am OK with opening the sandbox to different strategies, though I'll be honest I don't expect the results I just reported to be very typical, absolutely nothing has gone wrong for me in this match. In the end my mod is still geared towards Germany fighting to the bitter end. Even though there is an option to lean towards Sealion, choosing to build for Barbarossa is the higher reward.

(in reply to Sugar)
Post #: 94
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 8/9/2018 6:27:34 AM   
KorutZelva

Different strokes for different folks. It's up to him to what extant he wants to use my feedback. He's made the most popular player made mod, clearly his take on things has a following. I don't see why he shouldn't continue to trust his instincts. He did tweak a fair number of things so I'm happy I've helped.

I wouldn't get too hung up on the 'invasion america' aspect of that game. In the grand scheme of things, it was attempted with 3 meaningful land units, mostly for the ****s and giggles factor.

I do take him cripsy success with Sealion with a grain of salt. In the base game, we have seen player of similar skill level pull it off (but not always see mika vs room!). I don't know what was the level of opposition he had in that match (in level of play and knowledge of the mod). But given that's he's the mod creator, that's a big edge to have vs an opponent.

Post #: 95
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 8/19/2018 10:01:55 PM   
Dorky8

who's winning

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 96
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 8/20/2018 12:56:55 PM   
crispy131313

The Allies won, the Axis surrendered in September 1941. We did not play any more turns since our last report.

(in reply to Dorky8)
Post #: 97
RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy - 8/20/2018 9:36:19 PM   
KorutZelva

quote:

The Allies won, the Axis surrendered in September 1941. We did not play any more turns since our last report.

It's long been established that Dorky8 doesn't actually read the AAR he's inquiring about.

Post #: 98
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> After Action Reports >> RE: Fall Weiss II - AAR KZ vs Crispy Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI