Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

If Cairo falls should Saudi Arabia be attacked?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> The War Room >> If Cairo falls should Saudi Arabia be attacked? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
If Cairo falls should Saudi Arabia be attacked? - 7/26/2018 2:45:30 PM   
jjdenver

Once Egypt is conquered should Axis attack Syria? Saudi Arabia? Or just push into Iraq always?

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: If Cairo falls should Saudi Arabia be attacked? - 7/26/2018 3:36:22 PM   
Taxman66

Careful with Saudi. There are a lot of very inconvenient partisan spawn hexes.

On the other hand they start sening mpp convoys to the US as soon as they are slightly pro Allied and the US is in the war.

"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft

(in reply to jjdenver)
Post #: 2
RE: If Cairo falls should Saudi Arabia be attacked? - 7/27/2018 11:39:42 PM   
jjdenver

So it sounds like Saudi not usually done and not a good idea?

And Syria? Leave it alone since it's going to swing Vichy countries against Germany? Or take it to provide more routes/bases for attacking Iraq? It seems that attacking Iraq through the long desert road will be hard without Syria or Saudi to serve as another set of air bases and approach routes? Or am I mis-understanding how it goes? Have never fought there so need viewpoint of someone who has. Thanks.

(in reply to Taxman66)
Post #: 3
RE: If Cairo falls should Saudi Arabia be attacked? - 7/28/2018 12:14:35 AM   
Sugar

To DoW Syria may also influence Turkey, and Saudi-Arabia is best occuppied from both sides to prevent the convoy from running in case it isn't already (and won't provide a shortcut into Iraq). To attack Iraq you better bring more than one HQ to secure supply, all routes are vulnerable to strat. attacks. Be aware chaining isn't perhaps working as expected due to a bug, which will be corrected in the next patch.

(in reply to jjdenver)
Post #: 4
RE: If Cairo falls should Saudi Arabia be attacked? - 7/28/2018 7:45:06 AM   
sPzAbt653

If you are trying to secure the Middle East as the Axis, then you need to take Saudi Arabia otherwise it could become an Allied Base. Saudi is not an easy capture, it is a long way to its capital and supply is bad enough to require two HQ's for a decent offensive there from Palestine south to Saudi's capital. If you declare war on Saudi, the Allies will be able to Operate Air Units there, and could transport units to the Saudi east coast via its one port there. Once captured, you must keep a decent garrison in Saudi to combat partisans and prevent the Allies from assaulting it from the seas.

Syria is very easy to take, but it has Political consequences so you might want to be careful. I have played entire games without touching Syria, but generally if I have overwhelming Axis strength in the Mid-East, then I will bowl over Syria because it has the only rail line that runs from Egypt to Kuwait, and that is fairly important.

(in reply to jjdenver)
Post #: 5
RE: If Cairo falls should Saudi Arabia be attacked? - 9/9/2018 9:30:03 PM   
Robert24

If I am successful in Egypt there is no reason to go into Iraq right away. I'll sit in Jordan and force the UK to spend MPPs on Iraq's defense. The MPPs I don't use for a cross desert trek into Iraq are used for Turkish diplomacy. After Turkey is Axis I am in one of the best positions to flank the USSR in the Caucuses and the UK in Iraq.

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 6
RE: If Cairo falls should Saudi Arabia be attacked? - 9/9/2018 10:09:33 PM   
Sugar

Iraq is worth 70 MPPs/turn, perhaps not the best idea to wait.

(in reply to Robert24)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> The War Room >> If Cairo falls should Saudi Arabia be attacked? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI