Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Adding airframes to a CVE

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Adding airframes to a CVE Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Adding airframes to a CVE - 12/9/2018 5:59:13 PM   
seich_23

So...I'm resizing CVE Taiyo following a guide I found here , everything goes great until at some point: "the kate is now Size 27, so add 11 airframes and transfer...." my kates are size 27 but I don't know how to add the airframes. I would be much appreciated for some help
Post #: 1
RE: Adding airframes to a CVE - 12/9/2018 10:40:00 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: seich_23

So...I'm resizing CVE Taiyo following a guide I found here , everything goes great until at some point: "the kate is now Size 27, so add 11 airframes and transfer...." my kates are size 27 but I don't know how to add the airframes. I would be much appreciated for some help

There are two steps:
- Set the resize you want and wait for it to take place. That changes the authorized size of the unit, aircraft and pilot holdings
- Leave the unit on the carrier until it has had time to draw additional aircraft. You may also be able to add up to 3 reserve aircraft which do not count toward the aircraft stacking on board. While you are at it, bring in more pilots to fly the additional aircraft and train up to decent skill status.
Once the unit has its extra aircraft you can redeploy it. You might even be able to do that immediately after the resize authorization, but IME it seems the unit gains replacements faster if it is on the carrier.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to seich_23)
Post #: 2
RE: Adding airframes to a CVE - 12/9/2018 10:59:19 PM   
seich_23

I understand, thanks for the answer!

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 3
RE: Adding airframes to a CVE - 12/10/2018 7:00:34 AM   
GetAssista

quote:

Your airgroup should be in a somewhat developed base with supplies. Or on ship which is in the hex of said base. Then you go to the airgroup screen and press some small arrow buttons in the middle, adding airframes from the pools to the airgroup

(in reply to seich_23)
Post #: 4
RE: Adding airframes to a CVE - 12/10/2018 4:25:18 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: GetAssista

quote:

Your airgroup should be in a somewhat developed base with supplies. Or on ship which is in the hex of said base. Then you go to the airgroup screen and press some small arrow buttons in the middle, adding airframes from the pools to the airgroup

Adding from the buttons near the middle brings in disabled aircraft. I use the button on the upper left to bring in the aircraft as "reserve" (it will let you bring in up to 12 aircraft at a time) and they are all serviceable with 0 damage. Next turn those move into the squadron as active aircraft without waiting for a repair period.

BTW (for the OP), don't forget to change the text in the middle from "no replacements" to "replacements allowed" if you want the aircraft to be automatically added to your squadron when there are aircraft in the pools and enough supply to draw them.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to GetAssista)
Post #: 5
RE: Adding airframes to a CVE - 12/10/2018 5:45:15 PM   
seich_23

It Worked! thx!

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 6
RE: Adding airframes to a CVE - 12/10/2018 5:51:48 PM   
GetAssista

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy
BTW (for the OP), don't forget to change the text in the middle from "no replacements" to "replacements allowed" if you want the aircraft to be automatically added to your squadron when there are aircraft in the pools and enough supply to draw them.

OP, just be advised that pulling replacements can be done when at least 7 days passed from the previous pulling. So you might want to not do it automatically, but when you want it to be done

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Adding airframes to a CVE Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI