Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Elvis Gold Records

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> RE: Elvis Gold Records Page: <<   < prev  4 5 6 7 [8]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Elvis Gold Records - 10/9/2021 8:12:55 PM   
OldCrowBalthazor

All I got to say about this is thus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR_jubXHc0w

Attachment (1)

(in reply to LoneRunner)
Post #: 211
RE: Elvis Gold Records - 10/9/2021 10:19:30 PM   
redrum68

quote:

ORIGINAL: vonRocko
You know you can stop reading his posts, instead of telling him what to post or not post.

Very true but the point is there are rules on what is allowed to be posted on the Matrix forums which his post seemed to conflict: https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/register.asp. I pointed this out so that he would hopefully adjust his post to avoid a controversial topic but its up to the mods to determine whether his post breaks those rules and what action should be taken.

People can always chose to ignore or turn the other way but history has shown us that indifference and inactivity usually doesn't end well. "The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference."

quote:

ORIGINAL: LoneRunner
Redrum, I understand your point but too many people are itching to be offended. Elvis was just kidding. I laughed out loud at the image of him licking shopping carts. He has an amazing sense of humor and he obviously was not attempting to start a serious discussion. It's great to be able to laugh when times are terrible.

I read accounts of German foot soldiers on the Eastern Front cracking jokes about terrible conditions. Hardened men would state things like "Heavy rain today" during a murderous bombardment. Sometimes you got to have a sense of humor to survive.

So I mostly agree with you that its better to assume positive intentions and realize my post maybe wasn't specific enough. I have no issue with the comment around "licking shopping carts" and chuckled as well since that is clearly a joke as no one is going to debate that people really believe licking shopping carts is a good idea and its trying to make light of a difficult situation just like your historical reference. The issue is with "No Vax, No Masks ... walking through crowds for several years" which to me didn't come across as a joke and are generally controversial and politically charged topics at least here in the US that people do have very strong opinions on one way or the other which I think are better avoided on a wargames forum and seem conflict with the forum rules.

< Message edited by redrum68 -- 10/9/2021 10:25:53 PM >

(in reply to vonRocko)
Post #: 212
RE: Elvis Gold Records - 10/10/2021 1:23:16 PM   
ElvisJJonesRambo

@Murder (redrum68) --- (Un)Glad to meet you, never touched the wet tissue on the rainbow of life, until now. What kind of disconsolate person comes to the Graceland thread, mind warped into a dark rabbit hole from a dude explaining a disappearance to gaming partners? I don't ghost, pal. It's called respect, Aretha Franklin style. Consider getting some professional help, you know, preventive wellness check, hosted by faceless bureaucrats. Click on the bottom corner, "Chat With Us Now". Let them you've gone Karen. And how to you expect to be taking seriously on a family friendly website with the name Murder, spelled backwards, disturbing.

Easy on the energy drinks, think before you type,
-Elvis

Attachment (1)

(in reply to redrum68)
Post #: 213
RE: Elvis Gold Records - 10/10/2021 3:05:41 PM   
redrum68

quote:

ORIGINAL: ElvisJJonesRambo
@Murder (redrum68) --- (Un)Glad to meet you, never touched the wet tissue on the rainbow of life, until now. What kind of disconsolate person comes to the Graceland thread, mind warped into a dark rabbit hole from a dude explaining a disappearance to gaming partners? I don't ghost, pal. It's called respect, Aretha Franklin style. Consider getting some professional help, you know, preventive wellness check, hosted by faceless bureaucrats. Click on the bottom corner, "Chat With Us Now". Let them you've gone Karen. And how to you expect to be taking seriously on a family friendly website with the name Murder, spelled backwards, disturbing.

Easy on the energy drinks, think before you type,
-Elvis

Well if there was any question on whether your posts were breaking forum rules and inappropriate, I think you've cleared that up and I would think even those that responded supporting your initial post would have a hard time defending that response. I don't think there is anything I can say that will lead to a civil discussion so I'll just leave you a reference to the forum rules and let the mods review your posts: https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/register.asp

FYI, since you seem to have some odd fascination with my username, a quick google search will show you that its a reference to the Stephen King novel and movie, The Shining.

(in reply to ElvisJJonesRambo)
Post #: 214
RE: Elvis Gold Records - 10/10/2021 3:21:12 PM   
ElvisJJonesRambo

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/register.asp

Rules, Policies, and Disclaimers

If you agree to abide by our rules below and the Terms of Use which can be found at http://www.matrixgames.com/termsofuse.asp, please click on the Forum Agreement box and then press the Ok button, which will enable you to register on this message board. If you do not agree to these terms, press the Cancel button.

This message board is where gamers can feel free to exchange ideas and communicate directly with Matrix Games and its developers. You will find Matrix Games and its developers to be very hands on to answer your questions, give support and discuss your ideas for our products or just to chat.

In order to keep this a place for all of us to enjoy and for you to participant on our message board we must layout a few rules and policies.

Matrix Games is solely responsible for creating, hosting, and maintaining this message board. This is a private board and shall not be used for anyone personal causes.

Matrix Games.com reserves the right to ban any person from this message board which it has determined to be in violation or simply just for the good of the overall community. Matrix Games also reserves the right to delete or remove any post on our message board.

Bearing that in mind, all Members must agree to follow these simple rules:

No foul language or any type of language that would be consider abusive this includes any materials which are knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, sexual oriented, vulgar, obscene, hateful, harassing, profane, racist, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or that otherwise violates any local, state, national or international law or regulation.

No posting of any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by yourself or one of Matrix Games, its developers, or its agents.

No multiple message board accounts by a single person are prohibited.

No blatant advertisements for non-Matrix Games products, schemes, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also prohibited from this message board. Users are allowed to include a web site address in a signature, request comments on their personal site in a social setting, or provide an interesting or relevant link to another site.

No Trolling. Trolling is whenever someone is clearly, deliberately posting in a manner for the purpose of angering and/or insulting the other participants of the message board. Trolling could be directed towards one user or a group of users. Trolling DOES NOT encourage further discussion; it only encourages personal attacks and will not be tolerated.

No Copyright Infringement posts. We do not permit the posting of information that will enable other people to use pirated software or to evade the copyright laws. Please DO NOT post serial numbers or CD keys, copyrighted media or links to sites that contain file-sharing software or such information.

No discussion of divisive current political or religious differences in order to keep this forum focused on our common interest in strategy games.

No rude or disrespectful posts to or about any forum moderators or Matrix Games Staff. We will not tolerate any forum member acting in this manner.
Matrix Games will maintain a high-level decency standard on our message board.

Legal disclaimer:

Matrix Games does not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of Matrix Games or any entity associated with it. Members remain solely responsible for the content of their messages, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless this Matrix Games, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of messages. Matrix Games also reserves the right to reveal Member identities and / or recent activities.

Revised: May 28, 2020.

(in reply to redrum68)
Post #: 215
RE: Elvis Gold Records - 10/10/2021 3:43:40 PM   
ElvisJJonesRambo

Well Murder86,

Never seen 'The Shining', never had the desire nor interest. What's that suppose to mean to me? I don't need to walk my mind in the gutter, to know the sewer stinks. Stephen King writes about murder, got it, you're into that. Go for it. That's you. Don't care.

Rules are posted. Start your posse, hire the hangman, build the gallows, call the judge, stuff the jury, call the moderators. Done nothing wrong.

Jailhouse Rock,
-Elvis

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ElvisJJonesRambo -- 10/10/2021 3:44:19 PM >

Post #: 216
RE: Elvis Gold Records - 10/10/2021 9:16:07 PM   
DrZom

I don't know about anyone else, but I find making light of the Covid epidemic offensive. It is beyond offensive; it is short sighted and ignorant. It is callous. A lot of people have died from Covid. What are the odds that players of this game who come here to discuss game play, to learn, have lost a loved one to Covid?

Post #: 217
RE: Elvis Gold Records - 10/11/2021 2:16:35 AM   
ElvisJJonesRambo

quote:

ORIGINAL: DrZom

I don't know about anyone else, but I find making light of the Covid epidemic offensive. It is beyond offensive; it is short sighted and ignorant. It is callous. A lot of people have died from Covid. What are the odds that players of this game who come here to discuss game play, to learn, have lost a loved one to Covid?

Doctor,

Yawn, who are you. Let me get this right. I get sick, and you're offended.

You'll be x2 double offended, once I inform you, I was taken to multiple Chicken Pox parties as a youngster in my Mennonite Church. Wait, there's more, I had the Mumps also, are you x3 triple offended? Ready to be x4 quadruple offended. Take a deep breathe, I had Mononucleosis. What kind of Doctor are you, please consider proscribing yourself some pills.

Henceforth, your name is Doctor Zoloft.
-Legend

Attachment (1)

(in reply to DrZom)
Post #: 218
RE: Elvis Gold Records - 10/11/2021 7:16:12 AM   
roy64

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: DrZom

Doctor,

Yawn, who are you. Let me get this right. I get sick, and you're offended.

You'll be x2 double offended, once I inform you, I was taken to multiple Chicken Pox parties as a youngster in my Mennonite Church. Wait, there's more, I had the Mumps also, are you x3 triple offended? Ready to be x4 quadruple offended. Take a deep breathe, I had Mononucleosis. What kind of Doctor are you, please consider proscribing yourself some pills.

Henceforth, your name is Doctor Zoloft.
-Legend

I just had a very bad bout of covid-19 6 weeks ago & I'm still suffering from breathing problems & I'm not offended at all, in fact your humor made me smile.

< Message edited by roy64 -- 10/11/2021 7:17:03 AM >

Post #: 219
RE: Elvis Gold Records - 10/11/2021 3:31:48 PM   
Hubert Cater

Gentelmen, let's leave covid talk out of the forums please, thanks

(in reply to roy64)
Post #: 220
RE: Elvis Gold Records - 10/30/2021 1:10:30 PM   
ElvisJJonesRambo

Game #131 [WIN] ElvisJJonesRambo (Axis) over TaffJones (Allies) North Africa + Spying/Intelligence
Game #132 [LOSS] ElvisJJonesRambo (Allies) vs KlasE (Axis) weather was clear + Spying/Intelligence

Lifetime Achievement Record 62-70

Without Him, I could do nothing
Without Him, I'd surely fail
Without Him, I would be drifting
Like a ship without a sail

(in reply to LoneRunner)
Post #: 221
RE: Elvis Gold Records - 11/2/2021 11:23:46 AM   
ElvisJJonesRambo

Game #133 [LOSS] ElvisJJonesRambo (Axis) vs ThunderLizard (Allies) fun to do Naval & North Africa, but we know that strategy doesn't matter
Game #134 [LOSS] ElvisJJonesRambo (Allies) vs DmitryN (Axis) cookie cutter, yawn
Game #135 [LOSS] ElvisJJonesRambo (Axis) vs eraiod08 (Allies) snow/rain from November 1939 to April 1940. weather is a joke

Lifetime Achievement Record 62-73

Conclusion:

a) might as just play with Reloads and no FOW. Like steroids, cannot compete unless doing. I'll never believe the fake results.
b) cookie cutter is a yawn
c) Pacific like the movie "On Golden Pond", could hear a pin drop, doesn't matter.
d) weather too dominate, (example: the first 6 Axis turns in BOTH China & Western Europe)
e) forums are woke

-Legend

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ElvisJJonesRambo -- 11/2/2021 11:28:50 AM >

Post #: 222
RE: Elvis Gold Records - 12/14/2021 3:52:15 PM   
ElvisJJonesRambo

--Remember, Patton = 10
"Pint of sweat will save a gallon of blood" --- General George S. Patton

--Remember, USA vehicles = best
"Hey, you! That's right, you stupid <edited for cancel culture> bastards! That's right! Say hello to Ford, and General f***in' Motors! You stupid fascist pigs! Look at you! You have horses! What were you thinking? Dragging our asses half way around the world, interrupting our lives... For what, you ignorant, servile scum! What the f*** are we doing here?" --- Private Webster

--Remember, surrender early = play another game
"This is Colonel Clarence E Pitts, United States Army. You're surrounded. Send out your commanding officer. You speak English? Yes. I'm gonna give you five minutes to lay down your arms and surrender your hostages. You understand what I'm saying? Yes. Where's your commanding officer? Yes. Are you making fun of me, soldier?" -- Colonel Pitts

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ElvisJJonesRambo -- 12/14/2021 4:13:39 PM >

Without Him, I could do nothing
Without Him, I'd surely fail
Without Him, I would be drifting
Like a ship without a sail

Post #: 223
RE: Elvis Gold Records - 12/15/2021 5:43:54 AM   
Magpius

The above photo... Larry Hagman?

Post #: 224
RE: Elvis Gold Records - 12/15/2021 11:33:37 AM   
ElvisJJonesRambo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Magpius

The above photo... Larry Hagman?

Yep, that's Larry, aka Colonel Pitts, in the absolute 1970s classic: The Eagle Has Landed. I'll watch this flick (well, at least have it in the background), once year rotation.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Magpius)
Post #: 225
RE: Elvis Gold Records - 12/15/2021 5:13:04 PM   
LoneRunner

Yes, the movie was great. Michael Caine in his prime. He was excellent as Kurt Steiner. And Donald Sutherland. And Robert Duvall. An outstanding cast.

However the book was even better.

< Message edited by LoneRunner -- 12/15/2021 5:21:31 PM >

Post #: 226
RE: Elvis Gold Records - 2/16/2022 12:37:16 AM   
ElvisJJonesRambo

Game #136 [LOSS] ElvisJJonesRambo (Allies) vs ThunderLizard (Axis) Russians got their ass kicked in Summer 1942. Nice paratroop entrapment plus Panzers galore against the Red Army trying to fight too far upfront.

(in reply to LoneRunner)
Post #: 227
RE: Elvis Gold Records - 2/16/2022 7:11:41 PM   
Chernobyl

quote:

too far upfront.

How far up is that?

Post #: 228
RE: Elvis Gold Records - 2/16/2022 7:23:46 PM   
ElvisJJonesRambo

Got cracked just East of Smolensk, on the road to Moscow, no reason to be there.
Same can be said fighting after Rostov fell.
Orel was getting pounded.
Worst was the encirclement of the units on roads to Voronezch. Top notch Nazis had taken a bridgehead turn before (had Fort + AAgun). Bunta Armies took the city with Panzer help, then Paratroops cutoff 3 good units. Dumb, I should have retreated after the Bridgehead existed.

To sum it up, got my ass kicked.

(in reply to Chernobyl)
Post #: 229
RE: Elvis Gold Records - 2/16/2022 7:48:51 PM   
Chernobyl

Well you're always entertaining. Your losses do have some purpose!

Post #: 230
RE: Elvis Gold Records - 2/20/2022 7:23:43 PM   
ElvisJJonesRambo

Game #137 [LOSS] ElvisJJonesRambo (Axis) vs DmitryN (Allies) --- Sneaky Allied attack on Japs.

(in reply to Chernobyl)
Post #: 231
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 6 7 [8]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> RE: Elvis Gold Records Page: <<   < prev  4 5 6 7 [8]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI