Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Other NATO symbols for v228b

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Other NATO symbols for v228b Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Other NATO symbols for v228b - 5/24/2019 1:14:39 AM   
Ormand

Perhaps some would be interested. I created a "scenario" (NATO Symbols) with the NATO graphics I created for v228b. It is intended to make use of the layered counter graphics introduced for the TOE system in v228b. There are 28 background colors (29 including transparent) and 100+ NATO symbols in black, white, red, blue, green, and yellow. The symbols include ground, air, naval, and unit size.

Unpackage it like an ATG scenario. It will create the directories graphics/Nato-systemgraphics (BIG and SMALL) and graphics/SFT-NATOCounters (BIG and SMALL). The systemgraphics directories also include the standard ATG graphics 1.png - 17.png for ease of use. To use you edit the scenario (or masterfile) go to the Setng tab, click on "SystemGfx Overrule" and type in the name of the directory "Nato-systemgraphics", save, they will be available for use in the TOE system. I also have a set of counters used for SFTypes.

In the TOE editor, they will look like

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Other NATO symbols for v228b - 12/5/2020 6:06:35 PM   
Tac2i

Bumping this back into view...

Tac2i (formerly webizen)

(in reply to Ormand)
Post #: 2
RE: Other NATO symbols for v228b - 1/24/2021 9:20:07 PM   
spinecruncher

Hello, this did not work for me. I went to the scenario editor.

I think i followed the instructions closely. In the stng tab a dialogue bix appears and I cut and paste the Nato-systemgraphics directory into that box. I click out and even click back in and the Nato-systemgraphics directory is still there. However the old archaic counters still there.

I click setttng
then sysgraphics (that is where the dialog box pops up

< Message edited by spinecruncher -- 1/24/2021 10:47:42 PM >

(in reply to Tac2i)
Post #: 3
RE: Other NATO symbols for v228b - 1/24/2021 9:21:53 PM   
spinecruncher

OK somehow I am using version 227g. not sure why that is.

but still no dice.

does "unpackage" mean what I did? I installed it from the main menu, which took maybe a minute.

< Message edited by spinecruncher -- 1/24/2021 10:43:50 PM >

(in reply to spinecruncher)
Post #: 4
RE: Other NATO symbols for v228b - 1/25/2021 4:00:06 AM   
Ormand

Thanks to ernieschwitz for alerting me. Sorry, I didn't check the site today.

The instructions are:

1. Install it like any other scenario file or mod with the "Install/Zip" button. This will create the directories

Nato-systemgraphics
Nato-systemgraphicsBIG
Nato-systemgraphicsSMALL

in the graphics directory. Inside these directories is a directory "natocounters" where the files are.

2. You have two choices. The first option is to use the editor for whatever scenario you want to use them with (if you change the Anewdawn masterfile, random games will use these systemgraphics). In the editor, click the "Setng" button, and then you will see a blue button on the left side with a left arrow "<-" that says "System Gfx Overrule". Click this button, and you will be prompted to enter the directory name inside the graphics directory. This would be Nato-systemgraphics. This will then use these system graphics instead of the default. The second option, is to rename, or copy these, into directories just names systemgraphics (BIG and SMALL as well). But, you should save the originals. Either way, be forewarned that if there is an official patch, these would likely be overwritten, and you'll have to do it again. A similar thing is true for the BIG German flag 5.png and 5b.png (the default is corrupted).

I just downloaded it an installed it myself, so I had no trouble with the files, and they are fine. So, I am not sure why it would take a minute to install. That is quite odd.

You will need 228b or higher in order to use them. Otherwise it will only use the first 64 or so graphics files. It will probably display them, but if you try to set them, you will get a CTD with a subscript out of range.

The other thing is that if you make a template, the template will only save the first two graphics, so if you use graphics 3 and 4, you will have to reset these with each new game (not my fault).

(in reply to spinecruncher)
Post #: 5
RE: Other NATO symbols for v228b - 1/25/2021 5:12:46 AM   
ernieschwitz

It's quite possible you need to go to your matrixgames user page, and download the 228b patch from there. :)

(in reply to Ormand)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Other NATO symbols for v228b Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI