Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Barbarossa at 2.5km

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> RE: Barbarossa at 2.5km Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Barbarossa at 2.5km - 12/1/2019 7:47:19 AM   
cathar1244

quote:

It's probably an open secret that most of the TOAW community is made up of mostly us older people

Larry, heh, I went into a game store the other day (in Europe). The guys working there spoke English, so I asked them about the local gaming scene.

Still lots of board games, but some of the board games now have a component linked to the internet (yuck IMO). They had strategy games, but their wargames were miniatures-oriented.

Then I asked them if they had heard of the titles from the days of yore -- Third Reich, Panzer Blitz, the old SPI titles ... NOPE. I told them the next time I came by, I would bring a couple of old games so they could look at my ageing museum pieces.

Yeah, you're right. We're an ageing crew.

Cheers

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 61
RE: Barbarossa at 2.5km - 12/2/2019 2:22:07 AM   
Lobster

quote:

ORIGINAL: pz501

While I support the effort to introduce hierarchy, as I said in another thread, I'd really like to see and know that fixing identified bugs has first priority.

I can also appreciate slowing down or even stopping work on a 2.5 km Barbarossa. Really no sense in driving on if the future of the game system is cloudy. No one really knows what's going on anymore, and a patch (if one ever appears) that contains new features could make a lot of hard and tedious work virtually obsolete.

The 2.5 km map you've done and the work on an OOB is something to be respected. The amount of research and time involved has to be huge. If a completed scenario never comes to be, it certainly won't be because of lack of effort or interest on your part. That's something you can always take some pride in.

This reminds me just a little of the situation a few months ago where someone was redoing and expanding one of the "Next War" 1979 scenarios. Seems like that one had to be abandoned because of editor and game crash problems that are yet to be resolved. A lot of good ideas from very talented and dedicated people might never see the light of day if Matrix doesn't get it together.

The vast majority of this post has nothing to do with the scenario. It has to do with problems with the development of the game. I simply asked that you keep on subject since, if you want to point out the shortcomings of the game, there are more than enough threads for that. Asking that you keep on subject is not an unusual request. What is unusual is that you somehow take offense at my request. A request that is very commonly seen in forums and typically honored. Instead you make it all about you and how you have been so badly misrepresented.

You yourself say you have already mentioned some of this in another post. Yet here you are in this thread, off subject, again going on about TOAW shortcomings of which we are all aware.

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.

(in reply to pz501)
Post #: 62
RE: Barbarossa at 2.5km - 12/2/2019 3:28:50 AM   
76mm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lobster
I simply asked that you keep on subject since, if you want to point out the shortcomings of the game, there are more than enough threads for that. Asking that you keep on subject is not an unusual request.

Gotta agree with this...there is no shortage of threads for bashing this or that, better to keep this one focused on what will hopefully be a magnificent scenario (when/if that damn patch is ever released, hahaha).

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 63
RE: Barbarossa at 2.5km - 12/2/2019 1:35:23 PM   
pz501

Why can't you let this go? On November 27, I specifically stated that I would refrain from any more direct comments if you would.

What that meant was I would no longer be speaking to what was becoming a personal grudge match between you and I. It also meant that I was withdrawing from any further discussion in your thread. Wasn't that what you wanted? I must not have been clear enough, obviously.

Instead, now 5 days later, you start up again. Why?

I never intended to to start a war, but that's what it turned into. Once again I will state for the record that I will leave you alone, and not comment directly on anything you write in any any forum, or any topic. Leave me alone and I'll leave you alone. Let it end here and now. Simple as that.

"And I will show you where the Iron Crosses grow." Oberfeldwebel Rolf Steiner, The Cross of Iron

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 64
RE: Barbarossa at 2.5km - 12/2/2019 3:50:15 PM   
BigDuke66

Someone has to have the last word, how about me?

(in reply to pz501)
Post #: 65
RE: Barbarossa at 2.5km - 12/2/2019 4:01:26 PM   
Lobster

quote:

ORIGINAL: pz501

Why can't you let this go? On November 27, I specifically stated that I would refrain from any more direct comments if you would.

What that meant was I would no longer be speaking to what was becoming a personal grudge match between you and I. It also meant that I was withdrawing from any further discussion in your thread. Wasn't that what you wanted? I must not have been clear enough, obviously.

Instead, now 5 days later, you start up again. Why?

I never intended to to start a war, but that's what it turned into. Once again I will state for the record that I will leave you alone, and not comment directly on anything you write in any any forum, or any topic. Leave me alone and I'll leave you alone. Let it end here and now. Simple as that.

I was busy with Thanksgiving.

I will post where I want and you can post where you want. It's an open forum. But when someone asks to stick to topic honor that request and don't take it personally.

And for BigDuke66:

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigDuke66
Someone has to have the last word, how about me?

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.

(in reply to pz501)
Post #: 66
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> RE: Barbarossa at 2.5km Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI