Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Fire Control

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> Fire Control Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Fire Control - 10/17/2019 9:34:29 AM   
clodhellmer

Hello! Great game! Just one point: I have four MILANS or Tanks firing on one enemy tank. Is it possible to get fire sectors for the unit? Just do not want to waste 4 rockets or rounds for just one tank. Thanks for your help!
Post #: 1
RE: Fire Control - 10/18/2019 9:43:59 PM   
Veitikka

Currently it's not possible to customize the sectors of fire. This would benefit the human player much more than the AI opponent. It would be better to have an automated system that works without micro-management. It can also be debated how well the units would maintain discipline in a real situation.

Know thyself!

(in reply to clodhellmer)
Post #: 2
RE: Fire Control - 10/19/2019 6:20:21 AM   
DoubleDeuce

quote:

ORIGINAL: clodhellmer

Hello! Great game! Just one point: I have four MILANS or Tanks firing on one enemy tank. Is it possible to get fire sectors for the unit? Just do not want to waste 4 rockets or rounds for just one tank. Thanks for your help!

This game is not really set up for detailed control of individual units (vehicle and squads) as you are basically the BN, CO or PL leader's of your formations. Due to this your units will tend to open up on anything in range. I found you can get somewhat better control using the "Engagement Ranges" and "Rate of Fire" SOP functions. At some point it would be nice to be able to set range bands or something similar for engagement ranges but we don't have that now.

Post #: 3
RE: Fire Control - 10/20/2019 11:42:17 AM   
clodhellmer

Hello! Thanks for the answers. Okay, makes sense but seeing 4 MILAN Troops engaging one BRDM 2, well makes me crying. :) I was an platoon leader in an light infantry unit and fire control was all about. Especially if you are carrying your missiles for the whole day around. :) Anyway, great game and looking forward the next DLC and improvements of the game.

(in reply to DoubleDeuce)
Post #: 4
RE: Fire Control - 10/20/2019 12:34:11 PM   
DoubleDeuce

quote:

ORIGINAL: clodhellmer

Hello! Thanks for the answers. Okay, makes sense but seeing 4 MILAN Troops engaging one BRDM 2, well makes me crying. :) I was an platoon leader in an light infantry unit and fire control was all about.

I have the same reaction seeing a tank platoon scatter and then point different directions when I order them to defend. :-)

Post #: 5
RE: Fire Control - 10/21/2019 8:48:19 AM   
Lowlaner2012

You can model fire control using range rings, the hold fire command and rate of fire...

At least that's what I use to save ammo :)

(in reply to DoubleDeuce)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> Fire Control Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI