Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Request\Wish list

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> RE: Request\Wish list Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Request\Wish list - 11/9/2019 1:26:50 AM   
Bradley62

Unless I missed it. Want to load default scenarios into Scenario Editor and tweak or adjust force makeups and make other changes. Can this be added?

(in reply to Saturnian)
Post #: 31
RE: Request\Wish list - 11/16/2019 12:00:10 AM   
Markowicz

I would like to see some way to select the type of ammo you want your unit to use regardless of the target. If you want a unit to fire HE at a tank or a heat round at infantry, you should be able to.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 32
RE: Request\Wish list - 11/26/2019 5:00:51 PM   
Markowicz

This year I wish Santa would bring me way to load half-tracks with troops and towed guns...

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 33
RE: Request\Wish list - 11/29/2019 12:19:51 AM   
Saturnian

I used to have reservations about the new 3d map, but I actually love it. especially a mountain gap in the sunset. It is awesome to see.

However, I would like the inset map to rotate with the viewer. It becomes confusing that the map rotates, but not the inset map. It is to a point where I AVOID rotating the map just because it will confuse me otherwise.

Also, I have noticed that bunkers, like with the Normandy Invasion map, don't really provide good cover or lines of sight for AT or Machine Guns and soldiers don't really position themselves inside of the bunkers with clear lines of sight.

I would assume that you would be able to position soldiers in bunkers with one click, and know that the machine gun will have ideal cover and lines of sight per the design of the bunker/trench, but a chronic problem in every Close Combat game has been that troop positioning in bunkers in trenches never makes any intuitive sense. It just hides them in there.

The soldiers are almost always better off being positioned outside of them, even though common sense would say that you could place a machine gun in a bunker and they would default with the best possible line of sight. A lot of time the soldiers are like halfway inside and outside the bunker and it just makes no sense. I'd love to see more refinement/attention to detail as this has ALWAYS been a problem with Close Combat going back as far as I can remember.

It would make the most sense to have FIXED-GUN position in the bunker or even trench, so that if a machine or AT gun is placed in the proximity, they will certainly position the gun or gunner in the optimal location.

I also noticed that having an AT gun on Normandy inside of the bunker provided no advantage in cover or line of sight. Maybe these bunkers were not designed for AT guns, but if not, then why are they empty? It would make more sense that a gun would be DEFAULT POSITIONED in the OPTIMAL position if placed in such a structure. I had managed to position an AT gun optimally inside a bunker, but then it turned out to get wiped out and failed to actually see the tanks on the beach, particularly after taking losses. It could target at first, then took a loss almost instantly, and no longer could see anyone on the beach.

With the machine gunners, they just would not have a clear(if any) line of sight, unless positioned OUTSIDE of the bunker. Which seems like an awful waste of resources to design a bunker than cannot defend a beach.

It would be great to see more detail with bunkers and troop movement and positioning in them. Maybe making anchor points to force the troops to act logically so that the "CLOSE" aspect of Close Combat actually makes more sense. It isn't horrible, but there are glaring needs for improvement in the future.
Also, in deployment mode the bunker and maybe other structures do not remove the roof so I can see inside. this only happens in-battle.

(in reply to Bradley62)
Post #: 34
RE: Request\Wish list - 12/4/2019 11:24:13 PM   
Markowicz

How about IMPROVING the infantry's capability of firing out of buildings. Right now, it's horrible. Also troops should be able to toss frag and smoke grenades over a hill or a wall etc...

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 35
RE: Request\Wish list - 12/5/2019 5:39:44 AM   
Saturnian

Germans had mounted units in WW2. In some circumstances they certainly would have been used in recon. It would be an awesome touch to have cavalry in Close Combat. They would move quick and relatively silently.

< Message edited by Saturnian -- 12/5/2019 5:40:19 AM >

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 36
RE: Request\Wish list - 12/5/2019 2:28:17 PM   
kweniston

Bicycle infantry is a thing :).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicycle_infantry

(in reply to Saturnian)
Post #: 37
RE: Request\Wish list - 12/12/2019 1:22:54 PM   
DefeatistAttitude

Just to second some of the recommendations already made:
1. Fix LOS from within buildings. Infantry behaves as if all buildings are windowless. To get your infantry to engage the enemy you have to move them outside the building, negating both concealment and cover. Further, units in building seem to violate the rule that if A can see B, B can see A.

My most frustrating experience was in a Tunisia scenario with a bazooka team ambushing from a small building. The team failed to detect and engage an approaching tank. The tank, without accompanying infantry, rolled up to the building, detected the team, and destroyed it. The team at least died at peace, apparently unaware of the tank right up to the moment it poked its gun through the window and blew them to bits.

I recreated roughly the same action a couple of times. Changing the bazooka team's status from "ambush" to "defend" had no effect: the team failed to detect an approaching tank even after the tank had found the team. Only when deploying the team behind some nearby rocks, rather than in the building, did the team detect and engage the approaching tank.

2. Multistory buildings.

3. Make inset map rotate with overall map.

4. Initial setup is aggravating. Clicking and dragging on units is difficult, when I'm trying to click and drag I usually just end up resetting the unit's defense arc. It takes three or four tries to set a unit.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 38
RE: Request\Wish list - 12/13/2019 1:13:00 AM   
Mogli

Agree with all of this. to add:

1. I had a bazooka team inside a doorway with an enemy tank sideways about five meters right in LOS from the door less than 5 meters. Bakooza team would not engage. i repeatedly gave a fire order and the bakooka team ran out of the building then cowered. the bazooka team eventually ran in front of the tank and threw themselves under it to die LOL.

2. this

3. I'd add to have a dynamic compass rose somewhere.

4. I thought this was just me. I end up spamming mouse button. I suppose using hot keys would solve this.

(in reply to DefeatistAttitude)
Post #: 39
RE: Request\Wish list - 12/13/2019 3:17:16 AM   
Saturnian

Machine gun ambushes are no go good. The enemy can be out in the open, standing tall, just asking to be mowed down.

When you target the enemy or order the team to defend, usually someone takes a shot with a mauser or submachine gun and the enemy unit drops to the ground. Only after a painfully long delay will the machine gun finally open fire, and by then the enemy is already returning fire and my machine gun team is taking hits.This happens time and time again and takes a lot of the fun out of fighting as the Germans in the bocage.

I know it is easier said than done, but the machine gun should open up first and the rest of the team should hold their fire unless the enemy unit is closer. I've found that the hedgerow country is more difficult as the Germans than the Americans, who can lay down more fire than my machine gun teams. The machine gun is the last to fire when it should be the first.

(in reply to Mogli)
Post #: 40
RE: Request\Wish list - 12/13/2019 3:38:25 AM   
STIENER

in theory that should be a real easy fix. I agree the MG should be the 1st thing to open fire. it should also be the last weapon dropped by the squad.

(in reply to Saturnian)
Post #: 41
RE: Request\Wish list - 12/13/2019 10:27:57 AM   
PipFromSlitherine

quote:

ORIGINAL: DefeatistAttitude

4. Initial setup is aggravating. Clicking and dragging on units is difficult, when I'm trying to click and drag I usually just end up resetting the unit's defense arc. It takes three or four tries to set a unit.

Are you using the latest version of the game? It should prioritise the units over the arcs, and it also highlights the arc when you are over it. Note you can also drag units by their icons too.

Cheers

Pip

follow me on Twitter here

Post #: 42
RE: Request\Wish list - 12/13/2019 10:29:10 AM   
PipFromSlitherine

Thanks for the ongoing feedback guys. We read it all, and add most to the tasklist!

Cheers

Pip

follow me on Twitter here

(in reply to PipFromSlitherine)
Post #: 43
Revised Game - 12/13/2019 6:28:52 PM   
ineffable

Patches to include revisions to the game manual that incorporate corrections to errors and typos in the original; additions to omissions ion the original; recent changes as indicated by patch notes; key forum comments from users and devs. Currently, pertinent information about CC:TBF is scattered across hell's half-acre.

Post #: 44
Who's on first? - 12/13/2019 7:39:08 PM   
ineffable

Make individual soldiers selectable again, both on-map and in the Soldier List. With all the improvements to the role-playing aspect - History, Promotions, Awards, Extra weapons and gear etc - it's hard to fathom how this feature got forgotten. Show a selected soldier's secondary weapons and ammo, possibly as a tooltip. Show his attributes in-game (Strength, Morale etc.). Indicate the team leader again.

(in reply to ineffable)
Post #: 45
Annotated Unit list in Soldiers screen - 12/13/2019 8:30:02 PM   
ineffable

Want some indication in the unit list on the Soldier screen as to whether a unit is currently in the Main Force (Active roster). Nice to be able to easily review your entire company without having to swap in platoons but sometimes you just want to concentrate on the soldiers going into the next battle.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 46
Fire order indicators - 12/13/2019 9:11:06 PM   
ineffable

Show all fire lines when a unit is selected just as all movement lines are shown.

Conversely, if no unit is selected, show no lines or arcs for better battlefield immersion.

(in reply to ineffable)
Post #: 47
Ultra detailed tooltips - 12/13/2019 9:26:42 PM   
ineffable

Have an option for ultra Tooltips to show the Soldier list when mousing over soldiers and the toolbar/Unit information display when mousing over the unit icon.

On a big monitor its often difficult to easily correlate whats happening between a unit in one corner of the screen and the Soldier list/Unit info display in the lower right.

(in reply to ineffable)
Post #: 48
Soldier details - 12/13/2019 9:35:03 PM   
ineffable

I'd like some way to access Soldier Details in-game. Seems like it could be made an option on the Menu selection window when you press Esc or click the Setting gear icon. Also, the battle should auto-pause when you open the Menu selection window.

< Message edited by ineffable -- 12/13/2019 9:58:31 PM >

(in reply to ineffable)
Post #: 49
RE: Soldier details - 12/13/2019 10:01:21 PM   
ineffable

Mousing over a unit on the map should highlight the corresponding unit in the Unit List.

(in reply to ineffable)
Post #: 50
RE: Soldier details - 12/13/2019 10:42:13 PM   
ineffable

I'd like the option to see/manipulate the opposing side in both Force Selection and Debrief.

(in reply to ineffable)
Post #: 51
RE: Request\Wish list - 12/14/2019 6:53:36 PM   
DefeatistAttitude

quote:

ORIGINAL: PipFromSlitherine

quote:

Are you using the latest version of the game? It should prioritise the units over the arcs, and it also highlights the arc when you are over it. Note you can also drag units by their icons too.

Cheers

Pip

Pip - Thanks for the quick reply, and for a great game.

Regarding initial setup, I'm running 1.07. I just played another scenario and, while it's true you can sometimes drag the icons (particularly the first time you click on them), you can't do it all the time. I haven't been able to figure out why that sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. Sometimes clicking on the icon and dragging moves the unit, sometimes you bring up the command radius circle. Sometimes you move the defense arc. Sometimes you end up just giving your mouse pointer a tour of the battlefield. If clicking and dragging doesn't work on the first try, the only way I've found to move the unit is to zoom way in and click and drag not the icon itself, but on one of the individual unit members. That's not too difficult with large units but if it's a small team whose members are all covered by the unit icon, or the defense arc, well, good luck grabbing that unit and dragging it where you want it to go.

< Message edited by DefeatistAttitude -- 12/14/2019 6:56:43 PM >

Post #: 52
RE: Request\Wish list - 12/14/2019 8:49:32 PM   
Saturnian

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: PipFromSlitherine

quote:

Cheers

Pip

Pip - Thanks for the quick reply, and for a great game.

Regarding initial setup, I'm running 1.07. I just played another scenario and, while it's true you can sometimes drag the icons (particularly the first time you click on them), you can't do it all the time. I haven't been able to figure out why that sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. Sometimes clicking on the icon and dragging moves the unit, sometimes you bring up the command radius circle. Sometimes you move the defense arc. Sometimes you end up just giving your mouse pointer a tour of the battlefield. If clicking and dragging doesn't work on the first try, the only way I've found to move the unit is to zoom way in and click and drag not the icon itself, but on one of the individual unit members. That's not too difficult with large units but if it's a small team whose members are all covered by the unit icon, or the defense arc, well, good luck grabbing that unit and dragging it where you want it to go.

You may want to change the resolutions or detail settings. I noticed a lot of cursor issues when I maxed the display settings.

The game looks beautiful in advanced settings, but pointing and clicking suffers when your machine is too slow for it.

If you have a mid-grade machine that may be the reason.

Post #: 53
RE: Request\Wish list - 12/15/2019 1:10:58 AM   
Saturnian

tank traps/tank mines can be laid out in deployment mode then detected easily by infantry (particularly recon or infantry in sneak or "move" mode, rather than "move fast" and perhaps disabled best by engineers(which was a feature first introduced in CC3, but rarely necessary since mines were static with the map). would give more purpose to engineer teams.

these anti-tank mines/traps would stay throughout subsequent battles, until exploded or disabled. maybe if the cease fire is long enough and an enemy mine is undiscovered but in your occupied territory, it can be removed from the map or stay but be visible to you and no longer visible to the enemy.

< Message edited by Saturnian -- 12/15/2019 1:12:13 AM >

(in reply to Saturnian)
Post #: 54
RE: Request\Wish list - 12/15/2019 10:02:23 PM   
ineffable

I'd like a fog of war option in Settings/Visibility where only the enemy units seen by the selected unit were shown. When selected, the HQ unit would show all spotted enemies.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 55
RE: Request\Wish list - 12/17/2019 12:19:55 AM   
ineffable

Show the final Force Morale % in Debrief.

Also, am curious why the Force Balance bar (blue/red) is static at 50/50 on the Command screen and in Debrief but dynamic on the Briefing screen.

Map preview on the Command screen would be good.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 56
RE: Request\Wish list - 12/17/2019 11:20:18 PM   
ineffable

Include a platoon of infantry, designated as Support units, so we can create custom pure infantry battles utilizing all three Force selection columns.

Add a mods section on this forum.

(in reply to ineffable)
Post #: 57
RE: Request\Wish list - 12/18/2019 3:50:11 AM   
ineffable

quote:

ORIGINAL: ineffable
Include a platoon of infantry, designated as Support units, so we can create custom pure infantry battles utilizing all three Force selection columns.

Scratch that last. Its just a text edit away.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ineffable)
Post #: 58
RE: Request\Wish list - 12/19/2019 4:18:02 PM   
ineffable

Walking wounded fleeing the battlefield toward the nearest aid station. Some percentage of those injured would be mobile. Panicked soldiers assisting some while routing themselves Henry Fleming-style. Also exists a paradox that immobile wounded should be captured when the enemy controls their map area when the battle ends. How do those guys get off the map to eventually heal and return to action? Maybe make these wounded into mini-objectives, abstracting their evacuation and removal from the map when 'salvaged' by a medic sub-unit that moves to attend them. Who works with a healing timer after arriving, like support missions do. When the medic finishes his first-aid mission, a 2-man + team with a stretcher pops-up like those Hit icons and carts the casualty away.

Score 33% of those immobile injured that arent 'salvaged' as MIA in Debrief. If the design is partly to come to care about your soldiers, then have some kind of in-game caring for casualties.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 59
RE: Request\Wish list - 12/20/2019 2:30:20 AM   
Saturnian

quote:

ORIGINAL: ineffable

Walking wounded fleeing the battlefield toward the nearest aid station. Some percentage of those injured would be mobile. Panicked soldiers assisting some while routing themselves Henry Fleming-style. Also exists a paradox that immobile wounded should be captured when the enemy controls their map area when the battle ends. How do those guys get off the map to eventually heal and return to action? Maybe make these wounded into mini-objectives, abstracting their evacuation and removal from the map when 'salvaged' by a medic sub-unit that moves to attend them. Who works with a healing timer after arriving, like support missions do. When the medic finishes his first-aid mission, a 2-man + team with a stretcher pops-up like those Hit icons and carts the casualty away.

Score 33% of those immobile injured that arent 'salvaged' as MIA in Debrief. If the design is partly to come to care about your soldiers, then have some kind of in-game caring for casualties.

Those are good ideas.

I also don't like that all the wounded are unconscious and don't move, instead of just being "incapacitated". And you shouldn't be able to retrieve WIA if the enemy occupies that part of the map, so MIA makes a lot of sense.

I can't imagine it would be that hard to program.

(in reply to ineffable)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> RE: Request\Wish list Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI