Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Suggestions for Map Scroll

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> Suggestions for Map Scroll Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Suggestions for Map Scroll - 10/26/2019 10:21:06 AM   
mroyer

This looks to be a very interesting game and I look forward to digging in and learning its nuances in the coming weeks! I appreciate all the work the developers and testers have put in.

I have a couple of (perhaps as yet uninformed) suggestions regarding map-scroll that I and most likely others would find very useful.

(1) Because I have multiple monitors, I like to turn the Auto Scroll feature off (otherwise when I move my mouse cursor to a monitor that doesn't have the game, the game interprets that as scrolling and rips off to one edge of the map). Turning off auto-scroll, however, also turns off the VERY nice feature of mouse-right-click to drag the map. It would be useful to be able to turn on/off map-scroll and map-drag independently in the options menu.

[Edit: Oops... I have to rescind suggestion #1. It appears now that map-drag DOES in fact work with map-scroll turned off. I'm not sure what I was doing wrong earlier, but it is working just as I would want now!]

(2) Zoom in/out on mouse wheel is awesome! It always zooms in/out on the currently centered hex. It would be very useful to be able to re-center the map on another hex on a mouse click (or double-click). This would allow a quick mouse wheel zoom out, (double-)click to center on a new hex, then mouse wheel to zoom back in on the new location. I could imagine that being one of the most useful ways of moving around the map.

Thanks again for this. I look forward to getting out of boot camp and moving the troops into action!!

-Mark R.

< Message edited by mroyer -- 10/26/2019 10:57:29 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Suggestions for Map Scroll - 10/26/2019 11:00:43 AM   
lecrop

quote:

ORIGINAL: mroyer
(1) Because I have multiple monitors, I like to turn the Auto Scroll feature off (otherwise when I move my mouse cursor to a monitor that doesn't have the game, the game interprets that as scrolling and rips off to one edge of the map). Turning off auto-scroll, however, also turns off the VERY nice feature of mouse-right-click to drag the map. It would be useful to be able to turn on/off map-scroll and map-drag independently in the options menu.

I have Auto Scroll feature off, and mouse-right-click drag works perfectly for me.

Note that for mouse-right-click drag to work, no unit can be selected.

(in reply to mroyer)
Post #: 2
RE: Suggestions for Map Scroll - 10/26/2019 11:33:02 AM   
mroyer

quote:

ORIGINAL: lecrop
I have Auto Scroll feature off, and mouse-right-click drag works perfectly for me.

Yep... I discovered that too.

quote:

ORIGINAL: lecrop
Note that for mouse-right-click drag to work, no unit can be selected.

Ahhh..... perhaps that was what I was doing wrong earlier. Thanks lecrop!

-Mark R.

(in reply to lecrop)
Post #: 3
RE: Suggestions for Map Scroll - 10/26/2019 12:55:11 PM   
toddtreadway

I'd like the map to zoom in and out based on where my mouse cursor is. So if I want to go to a different part of the map, I just zoom out, move my mouse where I want to go, then zoom in.

(in reply to mroyer)
Post #: 4
RE: Suggestions for Map Scroll - 10/26/2019 2:38:58 PM   
AlvaroSousa

quote:

ORIGINAL: toddtreadway

I'd like the map to zoom in and out based on where my mouse cursor is. So if I want to go to a different part of the map, I just zoom out, move my mouse where I want to go, then zoom in.

That is on my list of things to consider.

Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3

(in reply to toddtreadway)
Post #: 5
RE: Suggestions for Map Scroll - 10/27/2019 11:12:54 PM   
dks1122

Great game, and I really like the map scale and Peters projection. Regarding scroll, one minor quality of life thing I noticed is that when right-click dragging the map, if you accidentally hit the side of the window, the map auto-scrolls back the other direction. Maybe temporarily disable auto scroll when the right mouse button is held down? But it's not really a big issue. Congrats on a great game... looking forward to learning it!

(in reply to AlvaroSousa)
Post #: 6
RE: Suggestions for Map Scroll - 10/28/2019 12:07:09 AM   
AlvaroSousa

I know how to fix that.

Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3

(in reply to dks1122)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> Suggestions for Map Scroll Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI