Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
[Poll]

CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests

AMP - Time-on-target automatic strike generator UI
  28% (145)
AMP - Continuous coverage planner
  1% (7)
Scriptless downed/stranded crew (for CSAR)
  2% (13)
Local weather fronts
  9% (48)
Scriptless intermittent sensor settings
  1% (9)
Custom draw on map
  2% (12)
WEGO MP
  4% (21)
Real-time MP
  11% (56)
Scriptless carry-over of units between scenarios
  3% (19)
Ground operations: Make units recognize and use roads
  5% (28)
AMP - Ability to edit flightplans prior to takeoff
  3% (19)
Implements full unit edit capability (loadouts, calcs) into ScenEdit
  6% (35)
Warning shots
  1% (9)
Scriptless boarding actions
  0% (3)
Integrated speech-to-text (SeaHag-style)
  2% (11)
Tacview - AAR mode
  4% (22)
Chemical & Biological weapon effects
  1% (10)
Display real-time sonar/self-noise data
  0% (4)
Make A2A-refueling options a doctrine setting
  0% (2)
Have WRA ranges for weapons set in percentage of range rather than 5nm
  0% (2)
Unit "Scoreboard"
  0% (4)
"Search" tool for the cargo list
  0% (1)
Weather/Day-night affects air sorties
  1% (8)
Allow Lua scripting on Losses/Expenditures (for player-tailored stats)
  0% (1)
Enable borders/coastlines at close-in zoom
  2% (12)
Hotkeys for built-in map layers
  0% (1)

Total Votes : 502

(last vote on : 2/22/2022 7:27:32 AM)
(Poll will run till: -- )
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 11/21/2019 5:46:39 PM   
rbsj

Dear Community,

+1
Implements full unit edit capability (loadouts, calcs) into ScenEdit

For me this is a must above all things. What give the game one of it's great longevity is the ammount of scenarios that the community can made. I think one of the things we are really missing to make awesome scenarios and What-Ifs is having more capability to edit plataforms. Since the Devs for theirs reasons don't want that we edit the DB (that I fully understand), they can provide means to edit plataforms, like ships, and aircraft that a great deal of modification can be made.

For me the Fog of War for Tacview is something very difficult to achieve. It maybe easier to implement this feature.

Best Regards

(in reply to magi)
Post #: 61
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 11/22/2019 4:29:41 AM   
jun5896

What is 'Implements full unit edit capability (loadouts, calcs) into ScenEdit'?

It looks like restricted DB editor. I wish I could choose that, Can't use Tacview advanced with CMO. It's like MAPHACK!

< Message edited by jun5896 -- 11/22/2019 4:30:54 AM >

(in reply to magi)
Post #: 62
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 11/22/2019 2:45:55 PM   
gennyo

Standard ScenEdit already provided some kind of editing, I do this all the time and make C:MO more akin to Warship Commander/Kurogane no Houkou from Koei

Ships are easily customizable with sensors/weapons/magazines dialog, only datalinks and comm links can't be added in this way but can be done using SBR INIs (in fact it's somewhat described in the manual as I can remember).

Aircrafts are much difficult, you can only edit them while flying around. I used to make a boilerplate scenario and insert a needed aircraft, modify its weapons and make it flied to the base, and later import some units from INS files. With C:MO's new merge scenario feature, this job can be done much easier.

(in reply to rbsj)
Post #: 63
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 11/22/2019 8:51:39 PM   
bns130

Ability to natively import GeoTIFF maps into the scenario editor.

Ability to georectify a jpeg or png image for use as a map.

(in reply to gennyo)
Post #: 64
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 11/25/2019 5:35:35 PM   
TheCabal

My two cents.... buying CMO and TacView is expensive.... something like "Gods eye" is unacceptable. This needs to be fixed or else it's useless because we all hate spoilers and/or cheats. I think the dev's were afraid of symbols bouncing around in an invisible uncertainty zone which looks weird in TacView but hey... gods eye is even worse.

< Message edited by TheCabal -- 11/25/2019 5:37:35 PM >

(in reply to Surtur)
Post #: 65
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 11/25/2019 5:36:59 PM   
JOhnnyr

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheCabal

My two cents.... buying CMO and TacView is expensive.... something like "Gods eye" is unacceptable. This needs to be fixed or else it's useless because we all hate spoilers and/or cheats.

I'm really hopeful that they will tackle this next, after the bugs are ironed out. Would make a huge difference.

< Message edited by JOhnnyr -- 11/25/2019 5:37:10 PM >

(in reply to TheCabal)
Post #: 66
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 11/26/2019 4:49:10 PM   
magi

The option to right click to center map on cursor .....

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 67
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 11/26/2019 4:52:40 PM   
magi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andrea G

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gunner98

The ability to carry units over from one scenario to the next will allow a long requested 'Linked Campaign', something that would add a layer of depth to the gameplay experience.

+1 I cast my vote on behalf of the Fury Linked Campaign project

quote:

+1... This is a wonderful idea .....

(in reply to Andrea G)
Post #: 68
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 11/28/2019 11:25:31 PM   
TalonCG2

Feature request - Logistics and transport of supplies

I love the larger, more complex and longer lasting scenarios. This wouldn't really apply to short duration scenarios, but here goes...

Fuel, either a generic non-specific all use, or broken up into categories of ship/aviation/ground unit. Transported by rail, truck, ship or plane to other "frontline" bases.
Munitions, generic "ammo" that will increase by a fixed amount determined by capacity of the transport and what units call the base their home. Or a more complex and specific transport of individual weapons/ammo.

The generic versions would be easier to implement, but not as realistic, but a good compromise over specific items.

Thoughts?

Clear skies and tailwinds,
Chuck

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 69
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 11/28/2019 11:44:14 PM   
Zanthra

Can zoom on cursor option be changed so instead of centering the cursor when you zoom, it zooms the map in a way that leaves the point under the cursor (and the cursor itself) at the same place after the zoom. Thus you could point at a unit and zoom in and the cursor and unit remain in the same place as the map zooms in around them.

< Message edited by Zanthra -- 11/28/2019 11:52:18 PM >

(in reply to TalonCG2)
Post #: 70
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 11/29/2019 3:06:18 PM   
JPFisher55

I agree with you, TalonCG2. I would like a generic logistics system similar to that of "War in the Pacific: Admirals Edition."

(in reply to TalonCG2)
Post #: 71
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 11/29/2019 7:19:48 PM   
Scar79

Dear developers, i asked this question in FB CMO-group(official) but decided to duplicate it here: Is it possible to make some sort of 'training' torpedoes, so they could hit their targets, thus generating HIT event, but without inflicting any damage to said targets? Thank you in advance.

(in reply to JPFisher55)
Post #: 72
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 11/29/2019 8:15:30 PM   
Dimitris

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scar79
Dear developers, i asked this question in FB CMO-group(official) but decided to duplicate it here: Is it possible to make some sort of 'training' torpedoes, so they could hit their targets, thus generating HIT event, but without inflicting any damage to said targets? Thank you in advance.

A warhead with 0 damage points, then?

(in reply to Scar79)
Post #: 73
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 11/29/2019 9:22:21 PM   
Scar79

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dimitris

As an option! Is it possible to be done via Editor or LUA?!

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 74
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 11/29/2019 11:48:14 PM   
stilesw

quote:

FWIW, I just did some testing with DB3K and it will not validate a warhead that has "0" DP's assigned. Comes up with "Damage points value is invalid". The smallest value it would accept is 0.0001 DP, pretty close to "0".

Also, will not allow a weapon without a warhead.

-WS

< Message edited by stilesw -- 11/29/2019 11:50:00 PM >

(in reply to Scar79)
Post #: 75
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 11/30/2019 12:51:32 AM   
Scar79

quote:

ORIGINAL: stilesw

quote:

FWIW, I just did some testing with DB3K and it will not validate a warhead that has "0" DP's assigned. Comes up with "Damage points value is invalid". The smallest value it would accept is 0.0001 DP, pretty close to "0".

Also, will not allow a weapon without a warhead.

-WS

Excuse me, but...how do you edit weapon's warhead DP?!

(in reply to stilesw)
Post #: 76
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 11/30/2019 5:54:31 AM   
TheCabal

quote:

Actually a very nice idea. I saw a documentary once about german modern submarines... they were simulating an attack towards a frigate. Fired some training torpedo which hit the frigate lightly (ofcourse without explosion :) ) but it then surfaced, ready to be salvaged.

(in reply to Scar79)
Post #: 77
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 11/30/2019 9:15:41 AM   
Scar79

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheCabal
Actually a very nice idea. I saw a documentary once about german modern submarines... they were simulating an attack towards a frigate. Fired some training torpedo which hit the frigate lightly (ofcourse without explosion :) ) but it then surfaced, ready to be salvaged.

Hi, TheCabal. And thank you for your support of my little request. I'm not a programmer and not sure what it would cost to developers, in terms of time and efforts, but such a type torpdoes are widely using by modern navies and it would be really cool to have such an option in CMO. May be there is a possibility to make some sort of LUA function, something like InertWarhead (unitID, weaponID, 0|1)?

(in reply to TheCabal)
Post #: 78
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 11/30/2019 11:15:18 AM   
guanotwozero

Maybe also a new "dull thud" sound effect!

(in reply to Scar79)
Post #: 79
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 11/30/2019 1:20:09 PM   
Scar79

quote:

ORIGINAL: guanotwozero

Maybe also a new "dull thud" sound effect!

"crunch dull thud" is needed as well

(in reply to guanotwozero)
Post #: 80
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 11/30/2019 2:14:31 PM   
guanotwozero

50 points!

(in reply to Scar79)
Post #: 81
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 12/1/2019 1:52:38 PM   
stilesw

quote:

Excuse me, but...how do you edit weapon's warhead DP?!

I was testing the warheads by making modifications to them within the DB3K database. Sorry, it cannot be done by users.

-WS

“There is no limit to what a man can do so long as he does not care a straw who gets the credit for it.”

Charles Edward Montague, English novelist and essayist
~Disenchantment, ch. 15 (1922)

(in reply to Scar79)
Post #: 82
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 12/3/2019 6:38:29 AM   
guanotwozero

Request: Investigate contact.

if a contact flies into a patrol area, friendlies will autonomously investigate to make an ID. They only need to fly close enough for the sensors to do that.

Conversely if there is no such patrol area (or contact is outside it), there is no way to investigate other than setting an intercept course by estimating "close enough".

I suggest adding an "investigate" action, so that an aircraft will fly just close enough to make the ID (with current EMCON). Thereafter it returns to its prior mission/posture. This could also work for surface & land contacts.

(in reply to stilesw)
Post #: 83
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 12/7/2019 4:48:42 AM   
LargeDiameterBomb

I have a feature request that I hope shouldn't be too complicated to implement but that I (and presumably other people as well) would find quite useful.

My suggestion is simply that CMO should include short keys to switch from these brand new and so beautiful different map types. I find myself needing to switch between maps quite often in any scenario where much of the action happens over land (Typical example: the great scenario Under African Skies) as opposed to scenarios where action is over the sea.

Since we necessarily live in the best of all possible worlds, as the philosopher Leibniz so wisely said, where the institutionalized slaughter of other men and women in the form we call war is a regular feature of life and with the existence of war being a prerequisite for the construction of the greatest game ever developed, there also happens to be exactly 12 items on the View roll down menu in CMO that deals with maps and surely it can't be a mere coincidence that a standard QWERTY keyboard also has 12 function keys.

It is obvious that these items (Map Lat/Long Grid, Sentinel-2 satellite map, BMNG Layer... Day + Night Lightning and 3D View) were meant to be paired with these function keys, for example Alt + F1... F12 or Maybe Alt + Shift + F1... F12 or whatever else pairings the developers prefer to choose.

Surely we live in the best of all possible worlds! Why would God, in his omnipotence and all-goodness, construct a world which is not the the best possible?

Still, I of course understand that the developers are occupied with more important work for the time being and don't expect this to be implemented with anything like the highest priority if the developers thinks it's a reasonable idea.

PS. Some sarcasm and humor can be found in this post and it should not be taken as a criticism of any religion - only of the philosophy of Gottfried W Leibniz.

< Message edited by LargeDiameterBomb -- 12/10/2019 1:40:38 AM >

(in reply to magi)
Post #: 84
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 12/7/2019 5:44:41 AM   
guanotwozero

quote:

ORIGINAL: LargeDiameterBomb
My suggestion is simply that CMO should include short keys to switch from these brand new and so beautiful different map types.

+1

I often find I only want to look at sat maps and other details when I'm zoomed in, and would like to quickly switch between such layers. Hotkeys would be a nice, rapid way of doing so - maybe programmable so combos could be used.

(in reply to LargeDiameterBomb)
Post #: 85
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 12/10/2019 1:13:26 PM   
Scar79

quote:

It would be cool if the game could remember the position and size of the Main, Message Log and 3D window. Or even make some sort of the "working layout", with Message Log and 3D window docked to the left from the Main, with ability to change their relative size with a help of movable borders.

Repost from: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=4731463

(in reply to guanotwozero)
Post #: 86
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 12/16/2019 9:40:50 PM   
Randomizer

With reference to this thread:

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4734838&mpage=1&key=�

Request the ability to target area weapons such as artillery, iron bombs and free-flight rockets at locations specified by just a mouse click. As the CMO ground combat becomes more detailed, hiding units in forests and jungles becomes increasingly practical. Now, the Scenario Author must provide target markers for these to be engaged but in real life the option existed to dump vast quantities of gravity bombs or artillery shells into an area with the hope that there might be something there to kill.

Having the ability to do so in CMO might be a good feature to have.

-C

(in reply to Scar79)
Post #: 87
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 12/19/2019 5:42:28 PM   
stefanoc

I request some standard armor (light for AIFV, heavy for Tanks) for improving land battles (for now some M16 can destroy Tanks)

(in reply to Surtur)
Post #: 88
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 12/27/2019 8:48:50 AM   
Dimitris

quote:

ORIGINAL: Primarchx
It's not up there but more sonar data would be nice and make ASW ops more engaging. Realtime info about platform self-noise, contact sound strength and sensor acuity at current speed would all be very useful in prosecuting sonar targets.

Added.

(in reply to Primarchx)
Post #: 89
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 12/27/2019 8:51:05 AM   
Dimitris

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scorpion86

Well, I'm just gonna copy-paste some of my suggestions from a previous thread:

1 - A way of tweaking an aircraft's refuelling logic
I can't count the number of times I was in the middle of a strike when the attacking aircraft decided to go refuel all on it's own and fly 300 miles to the nearest tanker. And when I stopped it manually, it would go back to refuelling.
Today, when I want to control a single aircraft's refuelling logic, all you have is the "allow refuelling/do not refuel" drop down menu. But when you have a mission, you can tell the aircraft on patrol to only refuel from tankers of mission X, to only refuel if there's a tanker within Y miles, or to only refuel when you're down to W% of fuel. That would be nice to have for aircraft not assigned to a mission as well.
Basicly I want the options from the menu in the attached picture in the Doctrine options, with the "search for tanker" option expressed in "BINGO + percentage fuel remaining" instead of just "percent fuel remaining".

2 - Have WRA ranges for weapons set in percentage of range rather than 5nm increments
When I was play-testing my latest scenario, For The Honour Of The Republic (*cough*shameless self-promotion*cough*), I had Portuguese AF A-7Ps armed with AIM-9L-1 missiles going against Yak-38M Forgers armed with R-60M Aphids.
The AIM-9L-1 has a 10nm range, but the WRA only allows me to set the automatic firing range between the full 10nm or 5nm, nothing else. If I fired the AIM-9s at 10nm, the Forgers would shake them, if I fired them at 5nm, my fighters would be close enough to be shot at by the Aphids. If I could set the auto-fire distance to 75% of the range, that would be ideal.
Having the ranges of weapons in the WRA menu set in 5nm increments may be more intuitive, but it penalises scenarios using shorter-ranged weapons, like mid-to-late cold war fighter duels.
Another option is a sliding scale: increments of 2nm for ranges from 0 to 20nm, increments of 5nm for ranges from 20 to 100nm, and of 10nm for ranges >100nm.

3 - Unit "Scoreboard"
This is the least serious request of the three, but what the hell, dreaming pays no tax, so here we go:
It would be neat to have some sort of scoreboard during the mission to see which unit behaved better during the scenario. Things like, best ace, best ground attacker, unit that suppressed more SAM sites, etc, etc...

And I add another thing I thought of since:

4 - More scriptless trigger/action options
I came upon this when designing my own scenario. A very simple thing I wanted to do in my scenario was changing a side's EMCON. But sadly I couldn't do that without LUA. The "change EMCON" action was literally a one-line script.
I know this may appear deceptively simple for a layman, but it would make mission-making simpler for people without coding knowledge.

Added the first three.

(in reply to Scorpion86)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI