Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Potential bug - odd game play with a bombardment

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Potential bug - odd game play with a bombardment Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Potential bug - odd game play with a bombardment - 12/16/2019 6:45:03 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian R

I do think it is humorous when someone blames a bad result on:

(a) there is something wrong with the game system

(b) this is a bug

To those whose immediate reaction this is - work out what YOU ARE DOING WRONG.

If you do not have the maturity or concentration to apply yourself to this, there are, perhaps regretfully, some nearly 20 year veterans here who will lose interest.

To be fair, new players may not have the information they need to be able to self-assess. The Manual does not give enough info and it is only through our own trial and error, debate and conjecture and correction by Alfred that the long-term forumites can point to what the AI tries to do and what the human player did to mess with that.
And frankly, the renewal of the topic has refreshed my memory on things I had forgotten too, so I appreciate newbies asking for feedback on problems. Let's not slap them for assuming something didn't work right in the game engine- it takes years to know how little you know about this game!

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Ian R)
Post #: 31
RE: Potential bug - odd game play with a bombardment - 12/17/2019 1:32:17 AM   
PaxMondo

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

Let's not slap them for assuming something didn't work right in the game engine- it takes years to know how little you know about this game!

That's why I pointed out how many game play hours are involved and the fact that we no longer have dev support. Bugs are only possible when you can get them fixed. Now, it is just the "way it is".

Pax

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 32
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Potential bug - odd game play with a bombardment Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI