Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: OT: Corona virus

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: OT: Corona virus Page: <<   < prev  74 75 [76] 77 78   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/27/2020 5:32:04 PM   
JohnDillworth

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

The Chinese central government reached down to silence the doctor who first publicly reported on the outbreak and I guarantee they have a party hack in charge of the "disease control agency"

It is also guaranteed that at least one of her Chicom "colleagues" was a spook gathering intel on the CDC.

The blame lies in one place..Beijing...and maybe the guy who made the pangolin burgers.

This is the most catastrophic intelligence failure in the history of the United States. No way to sugar coat it. We should have seen this coming. We blew it

Today I come bearing an olive branch in one hand, and the freedom fighter's gun in the other. Do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. I repeat, do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. - Yasser Arafat Speech to UN General Assembly

(in reply to Cap Mandrake)
Post #: 2251
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/27/2020 5:50:09 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: MakeeLearn

US axed CDC expert job in China months before outbreak: Reuters

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/03/axed-cdc-expert-job-china-months-outbreak-reuters-200323012037595.html

"Several months before the Coronavirus pandemic began, the administration of US President Donald Trump eliminated a key American public health position in Beijing that was intended to help detect disease outbreaks in China, Reuters news agency has learned.

The American disease expert Dr Linda Quick, a medical epidemiologist embedded in China's disease control agency, left her post in July, according to four sources with knowledge of the issue."

I read that. I also read where that would not have made a difference in the reporting of the Coronavirus situation.

Seems might that might have been a good position to get intel on how much Chinese info was accurate in the early stages of the outbreak. Every bit of accurate info helps get the puzzle picture more complete.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 2252
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/27/2020 6:14:05 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: alanschu

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy
They're not the only ones. I think I've read similar edicts from China, Singapore, South Korea and other countries.

I think it was a week and a half ago that all Canadians returning from abroad were asked to self-quarantine upon return to Canada. Lots of 'snow birds' from Arizona will have to do that. Americans leaving the 'hot spot' of New York City have been asked to self-quarantine for 14 days too.

An over-reaction? Considering that y'all down under are fixin' to go into your cool season? Probably not.

By the way, what does 'mandatory detention' mean? Armed guards, drop bears and concertina wire or more like self-recognizance?

Canada just instituted a 14-day quarantine for people returning to the country as well. I don't believe that they are under any sort of "guard," but there was comments about random spot checks via phone or in person and that failures could see fines or possibly prison (I don't know the details of either of these legal measures or the likelihood of each nor the breakdown etc.)

People returning are told to go directly home.

I do hope that assistance is provided for these people if they need it because it's possible supplies are low if you're a snow bird.

Yes, returning snowbirds have to get groceries, but they can do that through friends or shopping service companies. The groceries can be left on the doorstep so there is no contact between delivery person and client. Payment can be arranged by credit card.
When I returned from Jamaica on Feb. 27, I self isolated 14 days because there had been coughing people in the Toronto airport lounge and on the flight. It wasn't mandatory, but I considered it prudent. It helped that I am retired. If I had been working I would have consulted with public health and my boss.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to alanschu)
Post #: 2253
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/27/2020 6:21:13 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: JohnDillworth

quote:

The Chinese central government reached down to silence the doctor who first publicly reported on the outbreak and I guarantee they have a party hack in charge of the "disease control agency"

It is also guaranteed that at least one of her Chicom "colleagues" was a spook gathering intel on the CDC.

The blame lies in one place..Beijing...and maybe the guy who made the pangolin burgers.

This is the most catastrophic intelligence failure in the history of the United States. No way to sugar coat it. We should have seen this coming. We blew it

The governments and the organizations that they support that worked on the initial SARs virus should have continued their research including making a vaccine. That would be useful today and the original SARs could also come back.

As far as intelligence failure, that is on the part of China suppressing this instead of reporting this to the World Health Organization.

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to JohnDillworth)
Post #: 2254
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/27/2020 6:29:08 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: RFalvo69

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

A boneheaded stunt in the news: A woman in Philadelphia (I think that was the city) purposely sneezed over a cooler section of produce in a grocery store. Ha ha!
The store has to throw out $35K worth of fresh produce to ensure they will not be held liable if someone gets sick after visiting the store. The woman was turned over to police. Not sure what charges might ensue but the store should be able to sue for damages.
Lets hope stupidity is not so contagious!

Here in Italy "consciously causing an epidemic" is a criminal offence that will land you in jail.

She could beat that charge because she is not actually sick - she just wanted to freak people out. It worked. But it is still "public mischief" (a non-criminal offence) and boneheaded. She should pay the costs associated with it.

(in reply to RFalvo69)
Post #: 2255
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/27/2020 7:04:09 PM   
BBfanboy

And now some more tragic news about this pandemic. Some idiot floated the idea that you can cure the virus by drinking methanol ...

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/nearly-500-people-dead-in-iran-after-drinking-methanol-to-fight-off-covid-19-1.4870674

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 2256
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/27/2020 7:11:13 PM   
BBfanboy

And the ironic news. After being kidnapped and held for months in Burkina Faso, a Canadian woman returns to Quebec and is promptly quarantined for 14 days!
The guy she was with returned to his home in ... Italy.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6740283/quebecer-kidnapped-burkina-faso-return/

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 2257
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/27/2020 7:20:30 PM   
obvert

This is not looking good. The "other regions" to the centre and now the south of Italy are steadily gaining active cases. Meanwhile areas in the North continue to gain cases as well. The lockdown has to show in the numbers soon, right?

Attachment (1)

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 2258
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/27/2020 7:23:33 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

quote:

quote:

The governments and the organizations that they support that worked on the initial SARs virus should have continued their research including making a vaccine. That would be useful today and the original SARs could also come back.

As far as intelligence failure, that is on the part of China suppressing this instead of reporting this to the World Health Organization.

There was quite a bit of basic science done on the Coronaviridae since SARS. That's why we know so much about animal reservoirs of Coronavirus. A specific anti-SARS antiviral agent might well work on COVID but a vaccine (if there were one most likely would not). On the other hand, new vaccine approaches used to investigate a SARS vaccine ARE applicable.

The UN passed a resolution attaching sanctions and fines for failure to notify the WHO of an outbreak. The CCP is being sued by some NGO's over the current failure. Good luck collecting any money. There can't be a CDC monitor at every Chinese "wet market". There must be tens of thousands of them. The only authorities that can effectively monitor them are the Chicoms. If you ask me, China is no longer a 3rd world country, they should buy some damn meat refrigerators and disallow cultural practices where the buyer touches the room temperature meat to see if it "fresh". They might invest in some freaking Saran wrap too. And soap and water. After SARS, sale of Civet meat was banned but it still goes on. And now we have yummy Pangolin burgers too!

I would say we tell the Chinese they owe the world $10T (a serious underestimate) and if they don't pay up they can keep all the cheap Christmas lights.

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 2259
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/27/2020 7:33:22 PM   
durnedwolf

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

And now some more tragic news about this pandemic. Some idiot floated the idea that you can cure the virus by drinking methanol ...

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/nearly-500-people-dead-in-iran-after-drinking-methanol-to-fight-off-covid-19-1.4870674

I've been using the Alex Jones toothpaste that kills the coronavirus. So far I seem to be symptom-free...

(the above is totally tongue-in-cheek)

DW

I try to live by two words - tenacity and gratitude. Tenacity gets me where I want to go and gratitude ensures I'm not angry along the way. - Henry Winkler.

The great aim of education is not knowledge but action. - Herbert Spencer

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 2260
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/27/2020 7:35:19 PM   
obvert

Meanwhile the now prolific testing program in the States is giving a much more clear picture that this is developing everywhere, and each state will soon have some of the problems NY is facing.

I've not been an optimist in this discussion, and yet I'm looking for good news anywhere I can find it right now. Anyone got any?

Attachment (1)

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 2261
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/27/2020 7:46:20 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

There was quite a bit of basic science done on the Coronaviridae since SARS. That's why we know so much about animal reservoirs of Coronavirus. A specific anti-SARS antiviral agent might well work on COVID but a vaccine (if there were one most likely would not). On the other hand, new vaccine approaches used to investigate a SARS vaccine ARE applicable.

The UN passed a resolution attaching sanctions and fines for failure to notify the WHO of an outbreak. The CCP is being sued by some NGO's over the current failure. Good luck collecting any money. There can't be a CDC monitor at every Chinese "wet market". There must be tens of thousands of them. The only authorities that can effectively monitor them are the Chicoms. If you ask me, China is no longer a 3rd world country, they should buy some damn meat refrigerators and disallow cultural practices where the buyer touches the room temperature meat to see if it "fresh". They might invest in some freaking Saran wrap too. And soap and water. After SARS, sale of Civet meat was banned but it still goes on. And now we have yummy Pangolin burgers too!

I would say we tell the Chinese they owe the world $10T (a serious underestimate) and if they don't pay up they can keep all the cheap Christmas lights.

From March 4, 2020:

Korean researchers have found antibodies that can fight against the COVID-19

"The Korea Chemical Research Institute’s CEVI (New Species Virus) Convergence Research Group announced on Monday that SARS and MERS neutralization antibodies, previously known, can be combined into COVID-19 Spike Protein.

Spike protein is a protein that coronavirus uses to break into cells. When an antigen is injected through a vaccine, the body forms antibodies according to the immune response, of which antibodies that can neutralize the pathogen are called neutral antibodies."

https://www.habkorea.net/korean-researchers-have-found-antibodies-that-can-fight-against-the-covid-19/

March 05, 2020

Former SARS, MERS Vaccine Could Treat COVID-19 Patients

"Remdesivir is effective in treating Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS) and severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS), but also may be a successful vaccine for patients with coronavirus, or COVID-19, according to researchers at the University of Alberta.

“We know the drug works against different coronavirus, like MERS and SARS, and we know the novel coronavirus is very similar to SARS. So I would say I’m cautiously optimistic that the results our team found with remdesivir and MERS will be similar with COVID-19,” said Matthias Gotte, a virologist, in a statement "

https://pharmanewsintel.com/news/former-sars-mers-vaccine-could-treat-covid-19-patients

― Julia Child

(in reply to Cap Mandrake)
Post #: 2262
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/27/2020 8:01:29 PM   
Canoerebel

Obvert asked for good news. An admitted optimist (without credentials), I've seen a lot of good raw data and reports.

For instance, that UK university that revised its mortality estimate down for UK from something like 500k to 20k (IIRC).

And while the headlines blare disaster, estimates for the US are coming down. A University of Washington study has it at 80k, which is down from the 300 zillion we were seeing a few weeks ago.

Ditto reports that the virus would peak in the US "in the second week of April," which is considerably sooner than other estimates.

And the reports from many states are not particularly alarming. Quite a few of these saw community transmission at the same time as NY and others, yet growth has been fairly undramatic.

I support and agree with the taking of strong countermeasures, since there was a high element of unknown about this and cataclysmic predictions of disaster. It was good to err on the cautious side and most states and jurisdictions have acted fairly quickly.

Numbers are crazy things. A few weeks ago, I told my secretary that 20 people had died in China. She freaked out. Disaster! When, of course, I meant it as great news that the pandemic had tapered off there. I'm hearing similar reactions here, there, everywhere.

But the underlying numbers are still small in many countries, certainly in most states, and don't show the kinds of increases that would indicate apocalypse.

I think we get through this okay, at least here. John Dillworth expressed optimism for NYC yesterday, which was great to hear. If we do make it without disaster, then we buy the time needed to get to the bottom of things and handle it better next time it pops up.

Yeah, I'm optimistic.**

**While realizing that some countries, most certainly Italy, Spain, some others, are really hurting per capita and probably more than they would suffer from any kind of seasonal flu.

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 2263
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/27/2020 8:08:51 PM   
witpqs

quote:

An admitted optimist (without credentials)

By the power invested in me, I hereby appoint you Optimist Without Portfolio.

By God you've earned it. Keep it up.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 2264
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/27/2020 8:19:44 PM   
alanschu

quote:

ORIGINAL: obvert

This is not looking good. The "other regions" to the centre and now the south of Italy are steadily gaining active cases. Meanwhile areas in the North continue to gain cases as well. The lockdown has to show in the numbers soon, right?

I did find this site to be really interesting because you could start to see that southern Italy was starting to get its influx of cases. Lombardy area *exploded* super fast and silver lining is that the south didn't have quite that explosion.

https://www.piersoft.it/covid19/index2.php#6/43.085/10.063

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 2265
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/27/2020 8:27:22 PM   
Canoerebel

P.S. In my previous post, I described John D. as "optimistic." That's not quite the right word for his report yesterday - more like "determined that we can prevail."

(in reply to alanschu)
Post #: 2266
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/27/2020 8:34:50 PM   
alanschu

I'm curious if Germany was just really on the ball with early detections, as I'm starting to get concerned seeing their daily new deaths accelerate pretty quickly :(

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 2267
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/27/2020 8:37:03 PM   
Canoerebel

Below is an optimistic post from March 12. It includes a note that NY was experiencing a 2x growth every other day, with a hope that it might flatten out in "a month or so." That would be around April 12, which is what the news report yesterday predicted. On the way home from my canoeing trip today, a major broadcast radio news reported that NYC's growth rate was beginning to slow.

If we bear in mind the predictions that were floated two or three weeks back, we can see that things are better than predicted - sometimes much better.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

I can hope for a China/South Korea outcome because: (1) our healthcare system is likely the best in the world; (2) we had two months more notice than China had; (3) we began taking drastic measures much earlier in the "exponential" phase than China did [we're only about 10 days in, and we're already taking major steps and that will accelerate]; (4) we have the benefit of knowing what worked elsewhere and what didn't; (5) the warm season is arriving, and there's evidence the virus can't survive at above 86 degrees.

Even if we have something 13x China, we're still in the range of a normal flu season. 13x China? If we exceed that, I'd be shocked - but even then it be 1/375th of some of the wild-eyed projections that are being floated in here and by the media.

China's pandemic is now doubling at a rate of about once every 2.19 years. New York's once every two days is almost certainly going to flatten out, probably in a month or so.

quote:

Dan, How can you expect a China/Korea outcome when we are not doing what China/Korea are doing? We are doing nothing of substance and you expect the curve to level off by cancelling sporting events and concerts? China/Korea are taking drastic actions and achieving acceptable results. We are doing nothing of the kind

quote:

The "exponential growth curve" in China lasted from about 1/24/2020 to about 3/1/2020. Five weeks.

Western Europe is probably two or three weeks into its own exponential curve. It may last longer than China's did. How much?

The USA/Western Hemisphere is about 10 days into its exponential curve. Will it experience a similar outcome to China, or not?

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 2268
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/27/2020 8:46:15 PM   
JohnDillworth

quote:

I guess by that logic the Japanese should have told us about Pearl Harbor and Bin Ladin should have told us about 9/11. Intelligence agencies are supposed to find out the stuff the other countries don't want us to know. This was their job. To tell us what's REALLY going on in China. There was a systematic failure of the intelligence community to warn us about this. Whether it was a failure on the ground or a failure in reporting and interpretation remains to be seen but a massive failure it was. If they didn't see this coming what they hell do we need them for?

Today I come bearing an olive branch in one hand, and the freedom fighter's gun in the other. Do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. I repeat, do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. - Yasser Arafat Speech to UN General Assembly

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 2269
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/27/2020 8:52:50 PM   
JohnDillworth

quote:

we can see that things are better than predicted - sometimes much better.

As I said yesterday and as the spreadsheet shows. It doubles every 3 days and has doubled every 3 days since March 8. It doubled in the last 3 days. It is on track to double in the next 3 days. It might be slowing down a tick because much of the underbrush has burned out in NYC but if it has the numbers don't show it. I expect we might see it slow a bit, but I'd sure like to see it. Italy also saw it slow for a couple of days but yesterday it was back at full flame. IF we continue to isolate we can slow it down but the embers are staring new fires every day.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 2270
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/27/2020 8:58:17 PM   
JohnDillworth

On a more optimistic note I suspect this will burn through New York and the surrounding regions by early June. Already making plans for 4th of July.

Post #: 2271
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/27/2020 9:06:00 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

"Remdesivir is effective in treating Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS) and severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS), but also may be a successful vaccine for patients with coronavirus, or COVID-19, according to researchers at the University of Alberta.

“We know the drug works against different coronavirus, like MERS and SARS, and we know the novel coronavirus is very similar to SARS. So I would say I’m cautiously optimistic that the results our team found with remdesivir and MERS will be similar with COVID-19,” said Matthias Gotte, a virologist, in a statement "

https://pharmanewsintel.com/news/former-sars-mers-vaccine-could-treat-covid-19-patients

Geez. This sort of craptacular journalistic reporting just makes me mad. Remdesevir-the topic of the article-is one of several pharmaceutical treatments being field tested in Spain as we speak. It's NOT A VACCINE. But it may be (or may not be) a useful interventional treatment.

In the states, Gilead has received 'orphan drug' status for fast-tracking treatment approval. Fingers crossed on this one.

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 2272
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/27/2020 9:14:01 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

quote:

I guess by that logic the Japanese should have told us about Pearl Harbor and Bin Ladin should have told us about 9/11. Intelligence agencies are supposed to find out the stuff the other countries don't want us to know. This was their job. To tell us what's REALLY going on in China. There was a systematic failure of the intelligence community to warn us about this. Whether it was a failure on the ground or a failure in reporting and interpretation remains to be seen but a massive failure it was. If they didn't see this coming what they hell do we need them for?

When you quote me, put my name there!

As far as reporting to the WHO, that is what it is there for and that is a requirement.

So how come you personally did not tell us about 9/11 beforehand, or the risk that something like that could have happened? Oh wait:

quote:

Moreover, the Federal Aviation Administration “had indeed considered the possibility that terrorists would hijack a plane and use it as a weapon,” and in 2001 it distributed a CD-ROM presentation to airlines and airports that cited the possibility of a suicide hijacking.

https://thinkprogress.org/fratto-no-one-could-have-anticipated-terrorists-flying-planes-into-buildings-before-9-11-a8b7a501f755/

quote:

Two years before the Sept. 11 attacks, an analysis prepared for U.S. intelligence warned that Osama bin Laden's terrorists could hijack an airliner and fly it into government buildings like the Pentagon.

"Suicide bomber(s) belonging to al Qaeda's Martyrdom Battalion could crash-land an aircraft packed with high explosives (C-4 and semtex) into the Pentagon, the headquarters of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), or the White House," the September 1999 report said.
The September 1999 report, entitled "Sociology and Psychology of Terrorism: Who Becomes a Terrorist and Why?" described suicide hijacking as one of several possible retribution attacks the al Qaeda might seek for a 1998 U.S. airstrike against bin Laden's camps in Afghanistan.

The report noted an al Qaeda-linked terrorist first arrested in the Philippines in 1995 and later convicted in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing had suggested such a mission.

"Ramzi Yousef had planned to do this against the CIA headquarters," the report said.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/report-warned-of-suicide-hijackings/

I won't go into the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, watch the movie "Tora, Tora, Tora" instead.

― Julia Child

Post #: 2273
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/27/2020 9:18:30 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

Geez. This sort of craptacular journalistic reporting just makes me mad. Remdesevir-the topic of the article-is one of several pharmaceutical treatments being field tested in Spain as we speak. It's NOT A VACCINE. But it may be (or may not be) a useful interventional treatment.

In the states, Gilead has received 'orphan drug' status for fast-tracking treatment approval. Fingers crossed on this one.

Yes, words were misused in the article. But it still may be a useful treatment. Not being an editor at that place which published this, I can only go by what is published.

Have a nice hot curry today and be safe. Stay away from chiggers.

― Julia Child

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 2274
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/27/2020 9:26:02 PM   
JohnDillworth

quote:

quote:

quote:

When you quote me, put my name there!

As far as reporting to the WHO, that is what it is there for and that is a requirement.

So how come you personally did not tell us about 9/11 beforehand, or the risk that something like that could have happened? Oh wait:

quote:

Moreover, the Federal Aviation Administration “had indeed considered the possibility that terrorists would hijack a plane and use it as a weapon,” and in 2001 it distributed a CD-ROM presentation to airlines and airports that cited the possibility of a suicide hijacking.

https://thinkprogress.org/fratto-no-one-could-have-anticipated-terrorists-flying-planes-into-buildings-before-9-11-a8b7a501f755/

quote:

Two years before the Sept. 11 attacks, an analysis prepared for U.S. intelligence warned that Osama bin Laden's terrorists could hijack an airliner and fly it into government buildings like the Pentagon.

"Suicide bomber(s) belonging to al Qaeda's Martyrdom Battalion could crash-land an aircraft packed with high explosives (C-4 and semtex) into the Pentagon, the headquarters of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), or the White House," the September 1999 report said.
The September 1999 report, entitled "Sociology and Psychology of Terrorism: Who Becomes a Terrorist and Why?" described suicide hijacking as one of several possible retribution attacks the al Qaeda might seek for a 1998 U.S. airstrike against bin Laden's camps in Afghanistan.

The report noted an al Qaeda-linked terrorist first arrested in the Philippines in 1995 and later convicted in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing had suggested such a mission.

"Ramzi Yousef had planned to do this against the CIA headquarters," the report said.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/report-warned-of-suicide-hijackings/

I won't go into the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, watch the movie "Tora, Tora, Tora" instead.
. You do seem to be going through an awful lot of gyrations to blame anybody but the person responsible for the failures.

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 2275
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/27/2020 9:49:00 PM   
DD696

Please stop the "I can piss further than you" contests. There is plenty of that going on in the world at the moment. Do not let this thread devolve into the General Discussion Corona Virus Pissing Contest.

This has been very informative, but when this crap starts the value of this thread greatly diminishes.

Personally, I dribble piss out of a stoma into a bag, so I cannot piss further than dribbling down my abdomen and leg.

USMC: 1970-1977. A United States Marine.
We don't take kindly to idjits.

Post #: 2276
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/27/2020 10:26:52 PM   
Cap Mandrake

"the person"

I presume that does not mean Mr Chou who sold the bat-**** covered pangolin burgers at the Wuhan wet market? Or Mr. Liu who scraped the thing off the road with a shovel?

How is the CIA supposed to spot a couple of guys with fever and cough in the middle of the influenza season?

I realize you may be angry and I grieve for New York but let's get real.

Post #: 2277
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/27/2020 10:31:03 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: DD696

Please stop the "I can piss further than you" contests. There is plenty of that going on in the world at the moment. Do not let this thread devolve into the General Discussion Corona Virus Pissing Contest.

This has been very informative, but when this crap starts the value of this thread greatly diminishes.

Personally, I dribble piss out of a stoma into a bag, so I cannot piss further than dribbling down my abdomen and leg.

Beautiful town, Savannah.

Here is something from the Bonaventure Cemetery, an apt location

Attachment (1)

(in reply to DD696)
Post #: 2278
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/27/2020 11:05:01 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: obvert
I've not been an optimist in this discussion, and yet I'm looking for good news anywhere I can find it right now. Anyone got any?

It's not much, but Switzerland has 'inflected' downwards for the last three days in numbers of cases. Their 'lagging indicator' of daily mortality is still climbing, but I would venture that that will stabilize soon.

That's really it, mate. Not much good news out there to hang one's hat on.

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 2279
RE: OT: Corona virus - 3/28/2020 1:17:35 AM   
Jorge_Stanbury

another good news:

Burundi is the only African country without any case of coronavirus. When the Minister Of Health was asked about the secret behind the zero case of covid-19, this is what he had to say; "It is very simple. We don't have the testing kits.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 2280
Page:   <<   < prev  74 75 [76] 77 78   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: OT: Corona virus Page: <<   < prev  74 75 [76] 77 78   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI