Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1992 AAR

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> After Action Reports >> RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1992 AAR Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/7/2020 7:54:06 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Latest situation south Romania. Romania will not be so easily cracked like Bulgaria. They have many good, big tank units and I have lots of ants They are trying to escape from one encirclement south of Bucharest but we will see. They have four big Tank Unit there, and one other is arriving... I am too weak in this sector, NATO needs reinforcements here.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by MonkeysBrain2 -- 4/7/2020 9:59:34 PM >

(in reply to MonkeysBrain2)
Post #: 121
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/7/2020 8:01:52 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Well, WP have here so big Sea Interdiction, I cannot evacuate one AA unit from Visby to mainland Sweden... It evaporates if I put it to sea, well for now let it stay here until we knock those air assets of theirs.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 122
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/7/2020 10:08:20 PM   
John B.

Very interesting AAR. Thanks for writing it!

Post #: 123
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/7/2020 10:12:06 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

quote:

ORIGINAL: John B.

Very interesting AAR. Thanks for writing it!

Thank you very much John. Nice to have a reader yay

(in reply to John B.)
Post #: 124
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/9/2020 9:03:07 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Rat Patrol From Fort Bragg Turn 19 (beginning)
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Mr President was nervously walking down the room... There was knock on the door and General Westinghouse entered big conference room.
President said "Ah, General Westinghouse, finally you arrived... I've already heard that we had some successes and also big losses especially our Apache AH64 combat helicopters weakened and our Tornado squadrons, but let's hear your reports on all NATO fronts...
General Westinghouse approached big map and said "With my pleasure, Mr President.
Operation Platinen Fuchs 2 is a complete success! We have captured Murmansk with our commandos, and after repeatead assaults we also captured Severomovsk. We destroyed three big mechanized tank divisions, few brigades, Mi 24 wing, and few HQ's in the area of Murmansk. Only mech division near Salla and one airmobile brigade is all that was left here to the enemy but we will destroy them soon and road to Kandalasha is open. We will use this force to attack Leningrad and Archangelsk.Our losses has been heavy but those were needed because attack was swift and brutal. We also sunk 3 Soviet Aircraft Carriers (and air wing of 45 airplanes) and some destroyers and missile fregates, our B52 H and G Stratofortress have devastating antishipping value of 720 in erm... TOAW Combat Simulator.
We have started offensive in Czhechoslovakia, although our forces were not yet ready here for offensive. Fighting here was brutal but our M1A2 Abrams tanks have come victorious. Hundreds of Russian T72 and T80 tanks are burning as we speak. We have almost cleared border and whole country and destroyed maybe a dozen big WP armored divisions if we count those in Hungary as well because we are making offensive there as well. We have captured Karl-Marx Stadt, Brno, Prague, Bratislava, Budapest is half encircled... In Austria we have also destroyed almost all enemy units, there is one pocket that will be speedily destroyed but essentially Austria is free from enemy... Enemy later did counterattack south west from Katowice with one nasty Polish Airborne division which chased our Italian Cremona brigade... South of Miskolc in Eastern Hungary enemy also struck with some Rumanian armour but that is only local success, will not change strategic situation overall which is not so bad...We are winning the battle on all fronts but our losses are climbing and we will have to be careful...Any bold maneuver is met with enemy reaction.
In the Balkans many pockets have been cleared and we destroyed almost all Yugo forces and many other enemy units. We are sending some units to help Turks and Greeks in Romania but that path was cleverly blocked by one Romanian mountain division which we will need to destroy. We have finally destroyed that pocket in south Romania only one Romanian tank divisions is still lose but we will destroy them soon. One Hungarian Tank division appeared out of nowhere and made big losses to some Greek and Turkish infantry. We will have to deal with that threat as well. We must not advance too far because enemy is very strong and could punish our boldness.

In the area of Iraq, well, Iraq is completely cleared from enemy troops. We have started to advance toward Tbilisi but due to terrain it is not spectacular gain but we did opened a hole in enemy defenses by capturing Yerevan. He is very strong here and some passes could not be assaulted, we will have to clear those passages that we can and later roll other as well. Enemy counterattacked with some Mountain Divisions, Armour, and some reconstituted Iraq units which made some local gains but nothing serious.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by MonkeysBrain2 -- 4/9/2020 9:05:41 PM >

Post #: 125
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/9/2020 9:10:53 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Latest situation in Hungary... Enemy counterattacked but we made spectacular gains...

Attachment (1)

Post #: 126
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/9/2020 9:15:02 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Bucharest, Romania area, still very serious situation but we are sending some forces from the Balkans to help Turks and Greeks in their fight...

Attachment (1)

Post #: 127
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/9/2020 9:18:53 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Yerevan is captured in Soviet Union and this might collapse his whole position in the Caucasus. But, he is very strong in Baku area, must hit him from the flanks.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 128
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/9/2020 9:21:21 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

This is Murmansk area. Operation Platinen Fuchs Zwei was complete success.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 129
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/9/2020 9:24:43 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Murmansk area big map. As you can see path is opened toward Leningrad and Arkhangelsk but it's a long way there.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 130
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/9/2020 9:26:59 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Prague is captured and many WP units destroyed there....

Attachment (1)

Post #: 131
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/9/2020 9:28:59 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Turn 19 beginning Austria and Hungary

Attachment (1)

Post #: 132
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/9/2020 9:30:45 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Turn 19 beginning of my turn, Balkan area big map.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 133
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/9/2020 9:33:18 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Sinking of Soviet Carriers near Murmansk with B52 Stratofortress.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 134
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/9/2020 9:35:02 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

And another screen of sinking of Russian carriers near Murmansk.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 135
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/9/2020 9:48:51 PM   
John B.

Is there any chance that that USSR will resort to nuclear weapons with you invading Mother Russia? And, do the Warsaw Pact units ever revolt?

Post #: 136
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/9/2020 9:58:25 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

quote:

ORIGINAL: John B.

Is there any chance that that USSR will resort to nuclear weapons with you invading Mother Russia? And, do the Warsaw Pact units ever revolt?

Good questions John. Well, that is also a mystery for me. In the news there was news couple of turns ago that NATO and WP agreed not to use nuclear weapons but I didn't looked too much into scenario events and such so I don't know what Piero Falloti
had in mind. Maybe later they will resort to nuclear weapons but could not know for sure.

I am getting some rebel forces in Iran but I think that WP will not get any rebel forces but I will have to put something to guard communications...

Mystery is also Israel, Syria and Lebanon, Egypt - all excluded zone that could come into play via event. Scenario briefing hints that if Pact forces are victorious in Arabia then they can come into play which is a shame, I would put event that they come sooner into play. There is also many bugs, map is in some places strange. NATO forces reconstitute in Egypt which is excluded zone so I get NONE of those units back and must be careful not to lose many units (I lost only some Iranian units).
And some scheduled reinforcements appear on non possible hexes like deep water and never will come.

So scenario needs a lot of work, but is great fun. Next turn I am getting B2 bombers and F22 Raptor.

Thanks for questions.

Mario

(in reply to John B.)
Post #: 137
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/10/2020 12:57:21 AM   
John B.

Thanks!!

Post #: 138
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/10/2020 5:30:04 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Rat Patrol From Fort Bragg Turn 20 (beginning)
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

General Gwen Eisenhower Jr, was giving report to Mr. President.
The boys from 101st Airmobile Division were proud, first they captured important mountain passes to the west of Baku, which strangely were left unguarded then they along with Yordan, Israel, UK, France, Italian, Kuwait, and Iranian force participated in a battle that saw annihilation of 2 mountain infantry division, and again one dangerous Soviet mech division.
Now our old pals Iraqians forces that we destroyed are coming again against us and they are thirsty for revenge. But we must go through here because direct route to Baku by no less than 2 mech div, 2 mountain division, some Spetnatz, and one airmobile brigade. We cannot directly assault that force. We also captured with our other commando group Leninakan, important city just south of Tbilisi. Opponent here have 2 mech divisions, 3 mountain divisions, 1 airmobile brigade, and one KGB security division. We also plan to use 2 French (para and airmobile) division to assist in capturing of Batumi.
In Czechoslovakia, Hungary and Romania operations are going according to our plan. We plan not to advance too far because WP have enormous reserves, that would be just putting a head into a lion's jaws. We mostly destroyed pockets, in all some 5 or 6 mech divisions were destroyed and many other units. Their helicopters Mi24 and transport are putting a brave resistance in Budapest but we will finish them off soon and Budapest will be free of comunist yoke. We will then take good defensive positions preferably on the hilly and terrain that is good for defense and rest our troops.
WP did managed to get loose from two pockets with some assistance from Polish and Romanian armour but will not change much situation, only a very lively battle is fought here.
In Romania help is coming as that mountain dision that barred our way was routed.
In the far north, we are preparing to storm Kandalash which is again defended only by combat helicopters and some transport which are doing big danage to our attacking units. But once we capture Kandalash we can hit Leningrad from the North and assist Finish force there which are not yet attacked, they only bombard them or their airfields. Some airfields are constantly attacked, our losses in planes are mounting. So many of the and helicopters now go on minimize setting (but majority on limit).
Lately we have got 3 big armoured American Divisions, Cavarly and Mech. I plan to send each on some important axis. For instance, 1st US Cavarly Division have assigned 332 M1A1 tanks.
That's a lot of firepower. Real problem is that Russians have enormous numbers of same big armoured formations and they are hard to destroy.
We got also B2 Spirit, 40 of them but we must be careful here. Like F22 Raptor that we got 50 machines, and B1 Bombers that we have some 79 out of 96 they don't get replacements only Raptor but much later and a trickle. B1 and B2 don't get any replacements so they will be used just in right time (knocked out op. air sup, important target etc and only on minimize losses setting).
And good news that at last sea transport have increased to 100000, it was on miserable 5000 which was not enough to transport all units that we needed to ship by sea.
In east Iran one Soviet mech division just arrived to meet our tired troops, for now we must go to defense here (just south of Mashad). Troops are getting killed if not rested. In the direction of Krasnovodsk, on the other side of Caspian Sea we are keeping on advance and just surrounded on Soviet Mountain Division.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 139
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/10/2020 5:41:47 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Attack on Kandalasha just south of Murmansk.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by MonkeysBrain2 -- 4/10/2020 5:43:03 PM >

Post #: 140
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/10/2020 5:44:17 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Situation around Prague....

Attachment (1)

Post #: 141
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/10/2020 5:46:11 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Turn 20 Batumi area which I plan to attack soon, maybe this turn or a bit later, first I must destroy some units on their flank.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 142
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/10/2020 5:48:08 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

This is map of mountain passes west of Baku that we captured. We will try to smash their defenses from this side.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 143
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/10/2020 5:50:30 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Bucuresti area, south Romania. Still very dangerous situation but I sent Custer with some cavalry to the rescue.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by MonkeysBrain2 -- 4/10/2020 5:51:53 PM >

Post #: 144
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/10/2020 5:52:42 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Central Europe bigger map.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 145
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/10/2020 5:54:40 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Hungary area and part of Romania.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 146
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/10/2020 5:56:07 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Battle around SW of Katowice in Poland. We will smash them and then defend for now.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 147
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/12/2020 6:40:11 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Rat Patrol From Fort Bragg Turn 22 (end turn).
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

General Fitzgerald, Gwenn, was giving report to Mr. President at Fort Bragg, USA....
....."And, Mr. President the troops from Slovenia, like your wife, has destinguished in fight and they are curently looking into south Poland across Czech mountains...."
Mr. President : "Who needs this crap? Give me reports on important details on all fronts from Norway to Caucaus...."
General Fitzgerald, Gwenn, blushed and cleared his throat "Yes, Mr. President, I deeply apologize.... Well, seems that we are winning this series of battles, but I suggest caution as WP is still very, very strong....Their tank and mechanized units are horror to attack, only on really good conditions they could be attacked... After all this advance we will need to rest troop, rotate tired troops, find God damn reinforcements, all fronts need it...
Well, in Northern Norway theathre, we have destroyed remaining pockets of enemy resistance, and we are advancing toward Leningrad and Archangelsk. There is a very long road ahead and supply situation is very bad. Enemy will maybe transfer troops from Leningrad area, we have seen movement of 5th Guards Tank Army, hmmm, are they heading our way?
Our B52 are keeping on hammering enemy fleets, we destroyed so many Russian warships, hard to count... They are excellent machines, but we have also some Greek A-7 Corsairs , they are stationed in Athens and they are also good for going against enemy navy, hmmm, maybe in Black Fleet, enemy have tree fleets stationed in one spot, maybe AA defense will be higher so our losses, we must think about it... Corsairs have 360 antishipping capability in TOAW Battle Simulator 4.0.
Well, in Northern Germany there was only one Russian attack on our positions and we were saved by timely of battle entering of one UK Tank Division that was close by with Tactical Support orders....
Finally our brave defenders of West Berlin after long struggle and constant shelling, scarce supply, well, West Berlin was captured by enemy, but we will recapture it (one day, enemy is still too strong here for direct attack, either we must somehow attrite him or wait for his foolish move or wait to expend his strength attacking our fortified positions...). It is real wonder that it held for so much, they could storm it long time ago, but they took their time.

Czechoslovakia is all cleared from enemy troops and we have advanced to new stop line, preferably on hills or mountains or in wooded terrain because of defensive bonus of terrain.
We must rest our troop for now here, and it would be quite foolish to overextend. The enemy here was classicaly beaten, even Guderian would be proud...
Just so, in Hungary, almost same situation, we have cleared whole country and kept on advancing but we will also stop here for now, we took some Ukrainian terrain and in Romania. We will keep pressure towards Romania, for two reasons: Here we can advance because of big strongpoint of WP in Czernovitze, we want to destroy it and we are helping Turkish and Greek troops in south Romania that were hard pressed but now relieved, and we can actually advance on this flank without too much threat and we want also to occupy good defensive positions on Carpathians mountains...
In south Romania at last stable situation, for some time it was very critical but our attacks up north drawed some Romanian strength there so we have cleaned the mess here, by destroying encircled enemy units in our rear... We are resting some troops after long fight, they need some rest, and we cannot advance until attack in the north draw some strength there, then we will have easier job south of that battle...
We have made limited offensive to clear Burgas port from enemy units... They are not so strong here, only one nasty mech Romanian division, well against so big targets we will have losses but not so much if we attack it with sufficient forces. We were attacking their airfield in Burgas with our Lance rockets for some time and we destroyed many planes that way. We have same targets of airfields in Germany and in Batumi on Black Sea.
Speaking about Batumi, well that battle would be very interesting. We have surrounded enemy, 3 Mountain Divisions, 1 Security Div, 1 Tank and one MRD division (like tank unit, same beast). They are on mountains so we will try to starve them out a little bit before final assault. Very interesting battle, and we want to avoid too much losses here. Nobody can save them and I think that they cannot brake the cauldron. It is not still iron tight but, well we will see his response. In the region of Kirovabad we will defend for now, we don't have big forces here, that is central Caucaus, near Tbilisi, which will be also taken but not just now.
In the region of Baku, on Caspian Sea, also, very interesting battle is starting to take shape.
Those reconstituded Iraq units, and they can be very dangerous, we know it because we have destroyed them already once, well, they have started to advance like mad bulls toward mountains. In that sector we have only Iranian troops, of low quality and it is a question will they held out. We have ordered them to entrench and to fight to death (ignore losses).
But maybe we can cut those Iraqui units by our forces in the north that were advancing toward Baku after capturing those mountain passes by daring air drop. So we made two big group, one is heading south toward mountains to help Iran forces there and other will keep on advancing toward Baku to the east, itself, and try to draw enemy counterattack toward themselves. Southern group is reinforced by some transport helicopters (they bring defense of 12 there lovely). We will see if we will have sufficient forces for this maneuver but if we weaken Russian defenses south of Baku we have there ready forces to advance north toward Baku itself. But those forces cannot assault directly big concentration of 4-5 divisions so that's why we want to distract enemy to weaken this position and when we create fluid battle we have better chances. We also made attack toward
Krasnovodsk also on Caspian Sea and toward Ashkhabad and Mashhad. We lost one Finish air unit but we saved one by transfering it to Sweden.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by MonkeysBrain2 -- 4/12/2020 7:49:31 PM >

Post #: 148
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/12/2020 6:41:35 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Our losses of only two disabled B52 and we sunk so many ships, lucky attack I guess...

Attachment (1)

Post #: 149
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/12/2020 6:45:08 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Advance of our forces toward Leningrad and Arkhangelsk... Enemy is beaten here completely, but we need to rest many troops before marching them out...

Attachment (1)

Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> After Action Reports >> RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1992 AAR Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI