Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Calling all lurkers (and forumites) - STATUS UPDATE please!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Calling all lurkers (and forumites) - STATUS UPDATE please! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Calling all lurkers (and forumites) - STATUS UPDATE... - 4/10/2020 9:13:40 PM   
USSAmerica

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomad

quote:

ORIGINAL: asurob

I'm still alive. After my health issues last year I went on the down low with no games active....but I still lurk now and again.

You know there is a thread somewhere in here that says you passed away. I'll try and find it.

Here it is https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4738754&mpage=1&key=ron�

That thread was for Ron Saueracker, not Rob. I'm pretty sure asurob's pre-Matrix/Slitherine merger profile name was rroberson.... Carrier Bane. :D

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 121
RE: Calling all lurkers (and forumites) - STATUS UPDATE... - 4/10/2020 9:26:39 PM   
Nomad

quote:

ORIGINAL: USSAmerica

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomad

quote:

ORIGINAL: asurob

I'm still alive. After my health issues last year I went on the down low with no games active....but I still lurk now and again.

You know there is a thread somewhere in here that says you passed away. I'll try and find it.

Here it is https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4738754&mpage=1&key=ron�

That thread was for Ron Saueracker, not Rob. I'm pretty sure asurob's pre-Matrix/Slitherine merger profile name was rroberson.... Carrier Bane. :D

Senior day, sorry.

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 122
RE: Calling all lurkers (and forumites) - STATUS UPDATE... - 4/12/2020 12:28:44 AM   
Knavey

Been here since UV. But played PacWar also.
Still playing a game with Kbullard...our game has lasted longer than the war by at least double.
Mid Feb 45. Abombs acomin'.

x-Nuc twidget
CVN-71
USN 87-93
"Going slow in the fast direction"

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 123
RE: Calling all lurkers (and forumites) - STATUS UPDATE... - 4/12/2020 1:18:35 AM   
pkloop

Have read the forum off and on. Yet to start a game. Want to tackle this beast but I dont really know where to start

(in reply to Knavey)
Post #: 124
RE: Calling all lurkers (and forumites) - STATUS UPDATE... - 4/12/2020 1:31:48 AM   
btd64

quote:

ORIGINAL: pkloop

Have read the forum off and on. Yet to start a game. Want to tackle this beast but I dont really know where to start

The Coral Sea scenario is the best place to get your feet wet....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to pkloop)
Post #: 125
RE: Calling all lurkers (and forumites) - STATUS UPDATE... - 4/12/2020 2:15:59 AM   
JJB647

It has been awhile since I posted or played Admiral's Edition. Started with UV and WITP. I still get an urge to play a game every so often.

The quarantine made me reach out to an old opponent that I occasionally stay in touch with, Patrickl. Looks like he last posted in July 2018. His wife was kind enough to respond to my email. She let me know that Pat passed away in October 2018.

I am going to try a scenario to get back into the game.

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 126
RE: Calling all lurkers (and forumites) - STATUS UPDATE... - 4/12/2020 2:29:03 AM   
RangerJoe

May he Rest In Peace.

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to JJB647)
Post #: 127
RE: Calling all lurkers (and forumites) - STATUS UPDATE... - 4/12/2020 4:55:21 PM   
melnibonian

I'm in my grand campaign against the AI. Playing as the Americans I am in November 1942 and just got my landings on Guadalcanal and Tulagi off the ground. Tulagi has been captured after one week of brutal fighting but Guadalcanal is a far tougher nut to crack and will require far more effort (and blood).

The highlight of the game has been a series of naval engagements in the Solomons in June and August 1942 where the IJN lost 4 CVs and 2CVEs for no losses of ours (Two CVs got badly damaged though)

Been following the game and the forums for a while and will probably continue for years to come.

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 128
RE: Calling all lurkers (and forumites) - STATUS UPDATE... - 5/2/2020 10:48:14 AM   
Clwydian

Very long time lurker- but generally an overall Matrix Game fan.

I _really_ want to get into this game: started with UV and WITP (but never really started those) then WITP:AE but I start a scenario and just never get back to finishing it, so when I do start again, there's a bit of relearning. Kudos to those of you who've managed to get more time logged on this though!

Started Operation Buccaneer at the beginning of the year, might get around to finally getting beat on that scenario!

(in reply to melnibonian)
Post #: 129
RE: Calling all lurkers (and forumites) - STATUS UPDATE... - 5/2/2020 2:35:48 PM   
RangerJoe

Here are some useful links:

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4726264

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2260137

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2920431

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to Clwydian)
Post #: 130
RE: Calling all lurkers (and forumites) - STATUS UPDATE... - 5/2/2020 2:58:46 PM   
LST Express

99.9% lurker here but a big fan of the forum and the game. Retired now and my wife is still hanging around
so I guess it’s ok for me to keep clicking away! Happy days!😎

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 131
RE: Calling all lurkers (and forumites) - STATUS UPDATE... - 5/2/2020 3:19:27 PM   
VonSchwann

I have been playing this game for many years and greatly enjoyed it. Presently with more time on my hands I have started a full campaign as the Japanese. Many thanks to this amazing forum and all its contributors . They help bring this grand old game to another level.

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 132
RE: Calling all lurkers (and forumites) - STATUS UPDATE... - 5/2/2020 3:48:30 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: pkloop

I know it sounds droll, but even though it's badly outdated, the manual is still a useful read. Perhaps you can start on this whilest working your way through Coral Sea? That would be a pretty good immersive first step.

(in reply to pkloop)
Post #: 133
RE: Calling all lurkers (and forumites) - STATUS UPDATE... - 5/2/2020 4:19:43 PM   
Plumbersmack

I am new - been alternating the Aleutians as both the Japanese and the Allies, once I feel more confident in my abilities, I will ramp up to a different scenario once I stop making rookie mistakes on this one.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 134
RE: Calling all lurkers (and forumites) - STATUS UPDATE... - 5/2/2020 9:03:05 PM   
Cheesesteak

quote:

ORIGINAL: Plumbersmack

I am new - been alternating the Aleutians as both the Japanese and the Allies, once I feel more confident in my abilities, I will ramp up to a different scenario once I stop making rookie mistakes on this one.

Don't let the rookie mistakes stop you! I still make them all the time

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

(in reply to Plumbersmack)
Post #: 135
RE: Calling all lurkers (and forumites) - STATUS UPDATE... - 5/2/2020 9:38:59 PM   
51st Highland Div

Started off with UV,then WITP then WIT:AE. Stopped playing for years whilst got married and had a family. Getting back into the game now after reading "Pacific Crucible" by Ian Toll and getting the urge to play again..

https://i.ibb.co/SRBTPGK/hmsglasgowmatrix.jpg

The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Banner thanks to RogueUSMC

(in reply to Cheesesteak)
Post #: 136
RE: Calling all lurkers (and forumites) - STATUS UPDATE... - 5/2/2020 10:00:19 PM   
Mike McCreery

I waited for Mr. Kane to return from his summer hiatus last year with our game on pause but it was not to be apparently.

Been living on facebook for too long so I thought I would become addicted to another WITPAE game so one is starting now.

May do a delayed AAR, not sure yet.

(in reply to Anachro)
Post #: 137
RE: Calling all lurkers (and forumites) - STATUS UPDATE... - 5/3/2020 7:37:25 PM   
offenseman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cheesesteak

quote:

ORIGINAL: offenseman

Playing since the beginning- lurking much of the time.

Currently in Feb 1944 as Japan in a Between the Storms campaign (4.6) vs Joerg, on hiatus since December of 2019. Hope to resume at some point.

whats mid-late game like for Japan in BTS during 43-44? Asking for myself haha.

Sorry for the delay. It depends on a lot but for me it is a good time in China, and in the air. Got George and Frank early and have many experienced pilots due to an effective training routine. At sea I've lost a CV and two CVL and have a numerical advantage in CVs. Allied subs taking their toll. The Allies can still bring overwhelming strength to a particular place when they wish to, but due to losses at sea have to be selective. On land except in China the firepower advantages of the Allies is there already.

Sometimes things said in Nitwit sound very different in English.

(in reply to Cheesesteak)
Post #: 138
RE: Calling all lurkers (and forumites) - STATUS UPDATE... - 5/5/2020 10:18:47 AM   
oaltinyay

Still here ...

Playing 5th campaign against another PBEM opponent in .....Ironman. He is Japanese, it is '44 and we are fighting it out in mid South Pacific and Rangoon. I will win but it will be costly...

(in reply to offenseman)
Post #: 139
RE: Calling all lurkers (and forumites) - STATUS UPDATE... - 5/6/2020 9:16:36 AM   
BigBadWolf

Just got back after a lengthy hiatus, started a game against Spiros, playing the Empire in RA. We are only two turns into the game. On the bright side, Hiryu and
Soryu caught Boise on December 7th and sunk her, together with Houston, so I've already won.

(in reply to oaltinyay)
Post #: 140
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Calling all lurkers (and forumites) - STATUS UPDATE please! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI