Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: 1911 Anglo-German Alliance - Beta release! Come and play!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> MODS and Scenarios >> RE: 1911 Anglo-German Alliance - Beta release! Come and play! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 1911 Anglo-German Alliance - Beta release! Come and... - 1/19/2021 6:39:40 PM   
The Land

quote:

ORIGINAL: flynnstone3

Any progress toward releasing an update since it's been awhile? No pressure I'm just curious.

Not really - there aren't many comments from people playing it, so I am kinda assuming no-one is that bothered about the whole thing and I've not been investing more time in it.

1985 Red Storm mod - Beta testing!

Always wanted to play a "Cold War goes hot" scenario? Come and join in!

(in reply to flynnstone3)
Post #: 31
RE: 1911 Anglo-German Alliance - Beta release! Come and... - 10/9/2021 4:53:52 PM   
timolang63

Hi, I also wanted to know of any progress. Trying to use the 1911 mod but getting a general connection error [15] message. I think this mod is amazing, really good alternate history. I actually played a game against the AI and won by , holding Tehran, conquering Paris, and taking Poland.

(in reply to flynnstone3)
Post #: 32
RE: 1911 Anglo-German Alliance - Beta release! Come and... - 12/19/2021 8:09:48 AM   
The Land

quote:

ORIGINAL: timolang63

Hi, I also wanted to know of any progress. Trying to use the 1911 mod but getting a general connection error [15] message. I think this mod is amazing, really good alternate history. I actually played a game against the AI and won by , holding Tehran, conquering Paris, and taking Poland.

Glad you like it! I don't know of the 'general connection error' message but doubt it's related to the mod specifically.

My focus is on another project now, but very pleased to hear that even in this beta-state this one is a rewarding experience for people.

(in reply to timolang63)
Post #: 33
RE: Alpha v3 is up - 1/5/2022 4:35:00 PM   
bortutoth

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Land

Both of those are in need of fixing. Sadly to update a Unit Availability date, every unit type appears to need to be updated separately for every nation, which makes it a tedious and error-prone task. There are a few oddities in there for the majors as well.

Glad you like it and thank you for the feedback! :D

It is possible to do it only once for a country, via "Apply Data" and select all units & all countries in the Editor.

I like your scenario so far. What effect does declaring war on Belgium (as Germany) have? The British are outraged, it says, so it is the NM decline or something else?

(in reply to The Land)
Post #: 34
RE: Alpha v3 is up - 1/5/2022 8:49:44 PM   
The Land

quote:

ORIGINAL: bortutoth

quote:

Both of those are in need of fixing. Sadly to update a Unit Availability date, every unit type appears to need to be updated separately for every nation, which makes it a tedious and error-prone task. There are a few oddities in there for the majors as well.

Glad you like it and thank you for the feedback! :D

It is possible to do it only once for a country, via "Apply Data" and select all units & all countries in the Editor.

I like your scenario so far. What effect does declaring war on Belgium (as Germany) have? The British are outraged, it says, so it is the NM decline or something else?

Yes, an NM decline. On reflection, probably not a big enough penalty.

(in reply to bortutoth)
Post #: 35
RE: Alpha v3 is up - 1/5/2022 9:20:35 PM   
bortutoth

quote:

Yes, an NM decline. On reflection, probably not a big enough penalty.

Balance is difficult to find out in single player. It looks quite smooth for the central powers so far, at least not more difficult than the vanilla game. The AI has it shortcomings - I was able to smash the French Navy in a few rounds with combined British and German ships. So it may look different in multiplayer.

Another thing I noticed is a pop-up which says Germany and Austria-Hungary celebrate the entry of Ottoman Empire into the war. Even though the Ottomans enter war on the allied side.

I like the historical flavour, for example the story with Persian cavalry instructed by Swedish officers.

(in reply to The Land)
Post #: 36
RE: Alpha v3 is up - 1/7/2022 10:22:54 AM   
bortutoth

I've continued until May 1913 and kind of finished the game (NM of France is down to -1%). My observations so far:

• French front: The combined forces of Germany (through Belgium) and Britain were able to drive to Paris in September 1912. The Ostende event seems not to have worked as described, it was instantly occupied by the French. In May 1913, French Morale went down to -1% so it should have surrendered by then.

• Blockade/Navy gameplay: Here, the AI shows its shortcomings. British and German navy were able to smash the French fleet in a few months. Only submarines survived. Blockade hexes could be occupied all the time from Januaray 1912.

• Russia: Similar to the basic game. In May 1913, Riga, Minsk and Kiev are taken and Russian NM is down to 24%. Are there scripted events yet to come like the Russian Revolution?

• Italia: Similar to the basic game. Austria-Hungary was able to breakthrough in Udine/Venice area after one year.

• Balkans: There is an oddity - the Ottoman border is only one hex and the AI keeps sending Corps which arrive next to Sarajevo with 0 supply. Maybe there should be a road connection between 185,97 and 186,98 so that they have some supply?

• Middle East/Iran: A real highlight - very tight and suspenseful theatre! Egypt was conquered instantly by the Ottomans. Baghdad was conquered by the British and retaken, then there were heavy fights near Basra and Tehran. However, Russia could be detained with help of the Willcocks HQ and mountain corps unit.
The loop from North Atlantic to the Persian Gulf shows some strange behaviour - sending units there seems to take forever - like 8 rounds or something. I thought the unit was lost after all, because the text also says "Allies only".

I really enjoyed the scenario. Even though it was easy against the AI, it might be quite balanced for multiplayer if it's finished.

(in reply to bortutoth)
Post #: 37
RE: Alpha v3 is up - 1/7/2022 9:18:00 PM   
WideEyes

Eagerly awaiting further details. It's a wildly interesting premise that I've been running through with my brother as the Central Powers. We're quite deadlocked now and each gain is fought for tooth and nail and we've been having a blast.

I implore the author to persist.

Life could be a dream!

(in reply to bortutoth)
Post #: 38
RE: Alpha v3 is up - 1/7/2022 9:40:59 PM   
The Land

ha! Glad you're enjoying it! though also odd that this mod gets the first interest in a long while at the same time as I'm in the middle of developing another one!

(in reply to WideEyes)
Post #: 39
RE: Alpha v3 is up - 1/12/2022 10:18:07 PM   
Alikchi2

It's a very good mod! Shame it didn't get much attention upon release, but I'm happy people are playing it. The balance is fun, the theaters are interesting.

(in reply to The Land)
Post #: 40
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> MODS and Scenarios >> RE: 1911 Anglo-German Alliance - Beta release! Come and play! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI