Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Aberrant Objectives in the Editor

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Tech Support >> Aberrant Objectives in the Editor Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Aberrant Objectives in the Editor - 9/19/2020 2:58:08 PM   
Rescue193

I’ve been re-jigging the old “Holland - A Bridge too Far” scenario which has included the removal and reassignment of some of the old Objectives and the placing of some new ones.

Mostly Evil Ed has played nicely but there are a few aberrant Objectives I simply cannot delete. They don’t appear on any Red or Blue Formation Objective path and I’ve set all their values to zero but the pesky little critters just won’t go away.

Fortunately they don’t show up on the Map when playing the scenario so it is a bit of a non-issue. But knowing they’re there is annoying. Does anyone have any bright ideas about how to eliminate the vexatious little flags?

Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Aberrant Objectives in the Editor - 9/19/2020 6:44:45 PM   
sPzAbt653

Of no help, but curious did you run a Dump to see if the coordinates come up somewhere in relation to something?

(in reply to Rescue193)
Post #: 2
RE: Aberrant Objectives in the Editor - 9/20/2020 5:14:36 PM   
Rescue193

Thanks for your response.

Yeah, I did try a Scenario Dump and it did identify a couple of errors, but basically they were things I'd missed or hadn't quite cleared-up as well as I thought I had.

I guess its just one of those good old TOAW oddities that make the game such fun!

Regards,

R193

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 3
RE: Aberrant Objectives in the Editor - 9/22/2020 7:03:48 PM   
Raindem

Double check that the values of deleted objectives actually are zero. If you remove a valued objective prior to resetting its value to zero, TOAW will remember the value and gets confused about displaying it. One way to check for this is to start a game and note the total number of objective points in the scenario briefing. Then manually go through all visible objectives on the map and count them up. If the totals don't match then you have a deleted objective somewhere that still has a value. To fix this, go back into the editor and re-plot the objective, zero the value, then delete it again.

If that doesn't help, then I'm not sure what else could be causing what you're seeing.

Grab them by the balls. Their hearts and minds will follow.

(in reply to Rescue193)
Post #: 4
RE: Aberrant Objectives in the Editor - 9/28/2020 5:45:22 AM   
Rescue193

Ah!

That sounds like it might well lie at the root of the problem.

Many thanks for the advice. I shall try it when I get a moment.

It sounds like an awful lot of tedious mucking about but given my, albeit limited, experience with Evil Ed I guess its about par for the course.

Regards,

R193

(in reply to Raindem)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Tech Support >> Aberrant Objectives in the Editor Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI