Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How can I get rid of the UAC icon shield overlay?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> How can I get rid of the UAC icon shield overlay? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How can I get rid of the UAC icon shield overlay? - 11/12/2020 1:01:12 PM   
Slick91

I've tried every Google tip out there but I can't figure out how I can get rid of that annoying UAC shield on my desktop icons:

I've lowered the UAC level to nothing. Checked the "run as admin" boxes. Created new icons. Uninstalled/reinstalled the applications. Zip...zero...nada...the shield is always present.

Just curious if anyone has had any luck or knows the right steps to make that disappear?

OS = Windows 10 Home (20H2)

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Slick91 -- 11/12/2020 1:02:00 PM >

Slick
-----------------------------
"Life's tough, it's tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne
Post #: 1
RE: How can I get rid of the UAC icon shield overlay? - 11/21/2020 7:33:33 PM   
zakblood

quote:

To make changes to the User Account Control Settings complete the following steps:
Press the Windows key + C.
Select Search.
Type UAC.
Select Settings.
Select the UAC tile.
Use the slider to adjust the UAC settings.

should work as long as your running a admin account and have installed the game as admin, right click install and run as admin

https://www.intowindows.com/remove-yellow-blue-shield-from-shortcut-icons-on-desktop-in-windows-10/

< Message edited by zakblood -- 11/21/2020 7:34:34 PM >

(in reply to Slick91)
Post #: 2
RE: How can I get rid of the UAC icon shield overlay? - 11/27/2020 9:23:52 PM   
Slick91

I don't have any issues running the game. I'd like to get rid of the displayed shield overlaid on the game's icon. I know this is more of a Windows thing. But, some Matrix game menu icons have it while other games don't.

< Message edited by Slick91 -- 11/28/2020 9:52:56 PM >

Slick
-----------------------------
"Life's tough, it's tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 3
RE: How can I get rid of the UAC icon shield overlay? - 12/8/2020 1:28:25 PM   
Protonic2020

quote:

ORIGINAL: Slick91

I don't have any issues running the game. I'd like to get rid of the displayed shield overlaid on the game's icon. I know this is more of a Windows thing. But, some Matrix game menu icons have it while other games don't.

Right click the file and chose to change the icon, "switch icon" there or what it says, i have a Swedish OS.
If no icon is there to your liking proceed to put one there wherever Windows keeps them and take it from there.
Don´t feel like giving it a go to fully see if it works until completed so i leave that for you to work it out, i could help further but for now i just say this.

Edit: It may be "chose icon" and then (bläddra), "browse" in English? Then it´s a matter of just pointing to one on your hard drive, i realize it may apply that shield still so it may very well be more troublesome to get rid of that shield on your icon.

< Message edited by Protonic2020 -- 12/8/2020 1:37:50 PM >

Think for yourself and never let others do it for you

(in reply to Slick91)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> How can I get rid of the UAC icon shield overlay? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI