Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Research and Model Design stops around turn 100?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Research and Model Design stops around turn 100? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Research and Model Design stops around turn 100? - 12/18/2020 5:10:30 PM   
kicktothehead

Something weird (and it has to be something I am doing?) is going on.
2 games in a row now- after around turn 100 I do not get anymore options on design models and research stops progressing.

I am not on turn 160 and still have not gotten to laser weaponry?

My neighbors have plasma so I am toast.
Post #: 1
RE: Research and Model Design stops around turn 100? - 12/18/2020 6:22:56 PM   
Clux

What are you researching? maybe you're researching an applied science tech and it will hardly (if ever) reach 100%. Once you have all the models available unlocked, you have to call your model council director to make a new design or the option will rarely pop up

(in reply to kicktothehead)
Post #: 2
RE: Research and Model Design stops around turn 100? - 12/18/2020 6:31:18 PM   
kicktothehead

Interesting on the model design - I will check when the AI is done with their turn in 10min.

As for research - if you get on one of those where its taking forever to complete - can you change it to something else?

(in reply to Clux)
Post #: 3
RE: Research and Model Design stops around turn 100? - 12/18/2020 6:53:35 PM   
kicktothehead

Ok that was exactly it.

I cannot believe in these games I have not called my council members! (I only call my governors!)

I can see how I ask for a new model and I can now see how to change what they are researching.

WOW I am kinda amazed at how much of a moron I have been and how far behind in tech/design I have been all these games!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you as usual for a great forum explaining things.

(in reply to kicktothehead)
Post #: 4
RE: Research and Model Design stops around turn 100? - 12/18/2020 8:34:39 PM   
Daza99

quote:

ORIGINAL: Clux

What are you researching? maybe you're researching an applied science tech and it will hardly (if ever) reach 100%. Once you have all the models available unlocked, you have to call your model council director to make a new design or the option will rarely pop up

So what is a good cut off point then with applied science research? and unlike other councils eg. Military Research where you can only start building the new tech until it reaches 100% at what point can you put applied science tech to use/build if you can never reach 100%?

(in reply to Clux)
Post #: 5
RE: Research and Model Design stops around turn 100? - 12/18/2020 9:41:03 PM   
Twotribes

I usually got to 75 or 80 percent. The ones you cant research all the way are called linear. At mid game you can get to 70 percent rather quickly then around 80 it really slows down.

(in reply to Daza99)
Post #: 6
RE: Research and Model Design stops around turn 100? - 12/18/2020 11:02:46 PM   
Daza99

Looking at the tech tree most if not all of Applied Science research is to do with optimizations. So any new improvements/opt will only applying to new units/buildings that use that tech being optimizations? for units that makes sense as you improve the gear it has to be upgraded or only new gear given will have the better version. But what about buildings, like a mining operation? do they all get the bonus of say research going from 50 to 60%?

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 7
RE: Research and Model Design stops around turn 100? - 12/18/2020 11:46:50 PM   
Twotribes

Pretty sure mining and such is auto applied.

(in reply to Daza99)
Post #: 8
RE: Research and Model Design stops around turn 100? - 12/19/2020 3:28:13 AM   
Clux

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daza99

quote:

ORIGINAL: Clux

So what is a good cut off point then with applied science research? and unlike other councils eg. Military Research where you can only start building the new tech until it reaches 100% at what point can you put applied science tech to use/build if you can never reach 100%?

At mid game I leave them at 40-50%, once I have most of them at that level, I start increasing the more important techs to 70-80%.

(in reply to Daza99)
Post #: 9
RE: Research and Model Design stops around turn 100? - 12/19/2020 8:48:38 AM   
Maerchen

The aircraft optimization techs are vital to take off the ground on o.7g gravity worlds with not so dense atmospheres, as I found out. 6 hexes OPrange with 40% optimization on my world.

The logistics hell this game is IS the fun part! - Maerchen, 2020

The good thing is, we have all the information in the reports. The bad thing is, we have all the information. Maerchen, 2020

Came for SE. Will stay for SE.

(in reply to Clux)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Research and Model Design stops around turn 100? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI