Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: [1.07.02] SHQ Ignores logistics limitations

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> RE: [1.07.02] SHQ Ignores logistics limitations Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: [1.07.02] SHQ Ignores logistics limitations - 1/13/2021 1:19:05 PM   
Akrakorn

quote:

ORIGINAL: zgrssd
Who said anything about refocussing? Please stop harping on about refocussing. It has no relevancy here.

Wholla mentioned refocusing. Please stop being so aggressive about this.

quote:

Goods can only enter or leave the railway System at a Station or Railhead.

< Message edited by Akrakorn -- 1/13/2021 1:20:34 PM >

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 31
RE: [1.07.02] SHQ Ignores logistics limitations - 1/13/2021 1:28:39 PM   
AgentFransis

He obviously has a railhead in the city...
The star railway layout is the currently the optimal way to increase capacity since it avoids refocusing and building more level 1 rail stations is more efficient than upgrading (since level 2 rail stations only add 2000 points, the same as a new level 1, but cost twice as much and twice as long to build).

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 32
RE: [1.07.02] SHQ Ignores logistics limitations - 1/13/2021 3:37:58 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Akrakorn

I trust that manual as far as I can throw it.
This is a digital manual, meaning I can not even grab it. Wich means I can throw it 0 plank lenghts!

quote:

ORIGINAL: AgentFransis

He obviously has a railhead in the city...
The star railway layout is the currently the optimal way to increase capacity since it avoids refocusing and building more level 1 rail stations is more efficient than upgrading (since level 2 rail stations only add 2000 points, the same as a new level 1, but cost twice as much and twice as long to build).

Actually he does not. He wanted to "proove" that this is somehow a valid idea:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Akrakorn

I'm going to attach an image and a save to explain that it is not necessary to build railstations on the SHQ.

In the image, point A has a railstation and point B has a railhead. All other assets have been closed, so they are not active. The truckstation in the city doesn't refocus the railway points. The city has access to all ralway points despite not having an active railway station on it.

File with the save if you want to take a look: https://mega.nz/file/FpEl3KzQ#wfHhOccsIgVzxUwRD21ZvLCnrM8_kFnSLD96-sfnkxI

How everyone else builds their Logistics networks:
SHQ
  Truck Station
    Road Network
  Rail Station
    Rail Network

How you build your Logistics network:
SHQ
  Truck Station
    Road Network
      Rail Station
        Rail Network

Meaning you sucessfully took the Railway network and bottlenecked it to the Truck station under the SHQ. So it is good for sabotaging your SHQ logistics network, but not much else.

< Message edited by zgrssd -- 1/13/2021 3:40:11 PM >

(in reply to AgentFransis)
Post #: 33
RE: [1.07.02] SHQ Ignores logistics limitations - 1/13/2021 3:47:28 PM   
Akrakorn

quote:

I trust that manual as far as I can throw it.
This is a digital manual, meaning I can not even grab it. Wich means I can throw it 0 plank lenghts!

That's great and all, but the manual was written by Vic, who knows more about how logistics work than you do.

quote:

Meaning you sucessfully took the Railway network and bottlenecked it to the Truck station under the SHQ. So it is good for sabotaging your SHQ logistics network, but not much else.

The image and save posted clearly show that you can offload resources in cities WITHOUT having a railstation in it. As AgentFransis said, building multiple rail stations around cities and/or along the main railway line is the optimal way to build logistics as you avoid refocusing. You want to avoid refocusing as much as possible. The reason my original image is full of bottlenecks is because there aren't enough points in total, which we already knew as I have explained it. That is not the point of this thread, but rather that when there aren't enough points left, the SHQ should prioritize things according to the limitations put in place.

Truck stations and rail stations work independently to provide logistics points, you don't need any roads at all to use railways. Please, DO explain how exactly this sabotages the logistics network, because so far everything you've said is wrong.

< Message edited by Akrakorn -- 1/13/2021 3:54:21 PM >

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 34
RE: [1.07.02] SHQ Ignores logistics limitations - 1/13/2021 3:53:46 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

That's great and all, but the manual was written by Vic, who knows more about how logistics work than you do.

1) That a programmer knows every nook and cranny of a Programm he is writing is a bad rumor. Please do not spread it.
2) That he never forgets to update the Manual is ... a theory that has never been confirmed.

(in reply to Akrakorn)
Post #: 35
RE: [1.07.02] SHQ Ignores logistics limitations - 1/13/2021 3:55:07 PM   
Akrakorn

quote:

quote:

1) That a programmer knows every nook and cranny of a Programm he is writing is a bad rumor. Please do not spread it.
2) That he never forgets to update the Manual is ... a theory that has never been confirmed.

Valid points, but so far we have:
1) The explanation that it works.
2) Proof that it works with the images and save provided.

What does the other part of the argument have?

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 36
RE: [1.07.02] SHQ Ignores logistics limitations - 1/13/2021 4:32:25 PM   
Vic

Took a look at the savefile.

Thanks for sending it over.

There is indeed some code that is being overoptimistic.

I am making changes for the next Open Beta and this should be fixed.

Best wishes,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to AgentFransis)
Post #: 37
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> RE: [1.07.02] SHQ Ignores logistics limitations Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI