Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Make militia/militancy still existant in late game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Make militia/militancy still existant in late game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Make militia/militancy still existant in late game - 1/13/2021 12:59:23 PM   
V4ndall

I understand the idea that population militancy drops as civilization and regular military grows, but on higher difficulties, after turn ~30 it pretty much drops to 0 and the existing troops just wait to die out. Effectively it disables the entire militia mechanic quite early, and I think it's a shame given it has its own profile, leaders, events and troop mechanics. While the drop in militia support should definitely be noticeable, a slight change like making militancy linear like applied science techs would make them pop up throughout the entire game, and not completely disabled. It would also allow for more incentive bonuses from profiles like enforcement or fist. IRL even most developed countries still have their national guards, militias and other paramilitaries around.
Post #: 1
RE: Make militia/militancy still existant in late game - 1/13/2021 3:24:09 PM   
Maerchen

If you play autocracy, you get options to keep your militia spawning, a building that keeps militancy up for 5 PP and can reach lvl III.

If you play diplomancy and let your foreign affairs guy do some farmer daughters' shenanigans, you can play unification and get all the units of the targeted minor as militia units. I use that to surprise majors when possible, as the militia will be instantly upgraded to your standards -30 rounds. Nice as a backup when you have had early game combat armor...

The logistics hell this game is IS the fun part! - Maerchen, 2020

The good thing is, we have all the information in the reports. The bad thing is, we have all the information. Maerchen, 2020

Came for SE. Will stay for SE.

(in reply to V4ndall)
Post #: 2
RE: Make militia/militancy still existant in late game - 1/13/2021 8:17:53 PM   
V4ndall

Didn't know about autocracy. As for unification and annexation I'm fully aware it's possible, but it's not what I had in mind. It's not that I want to specifically spend extra resources to get militia just for the sake of it. I'm suggesting that having an entire complex mechanic get effectively disabled mid-game could be just toned down and remain relevant.

(in reply to Maerchen)
Post #: 3
RE: Make militia/militancy still existant in late game - 1/13/2021 10:21:42 PM   
Maerchen

I just remembered I found a way to keep my militancy up: Creating zones within my empire. During the early phase after the foundation, the militancy goes up as I only station militia in them and their civ-level is low compared to the rest of the empire. I am in round 118 and still get fresh militia there.

The logistics hell this game is IS the fun part! - Maerchen, 2020

The good thing is, we have all the information in the reports. The bad thing is, we have all the information. Maerchen, 2020

Came for SE. Will stay for SE.

(in reply to V4ndall)
Post #: 4
RE: Make militia/militancy still existant in late game - 1/14/2021 6:08:01 PM   
Krytor

+1
I love my militia and how it was implemented. Always sad when it becomes obscure.

It's not like they are useless. While they can't attack effectively after early game they are great for unrest control/defense/grabbing borders and basically doing the grunt work your normal troops can't be bothered with.

(in reply to Maerchen)
Post #: 5
RE: Make militia/militancy still existant in late game - 1/14/2021 7:37:38 PM   
zgrssd

It is indeed very bad that Militia kinda just dies out too quickly.
The Private Economy pushes QOL scores past 10 to quickly, Militance just drops with even a Militia house 3 barely able to slow it down.

With stuff like Volunteerism and all the other work I had asumed that a "militia only" early game would at least be possible. But no dice. When I start the game, the militia already stops growing. The only time it actually has reinforcements, is if I transfer troops for existing units into the SHQ.

(in reply to Krytor)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Make militia/militancy still existant in late game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI