Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 8/21/2003 1:27:56 AM   
Fredflak

Well I just noticed something that closes the deal for me. Didn't really pay attention before, but I saw that he will ship only to the US, and well... I don't live there. There's another set for sales tho, much less but with only the core modules. And this one will ship outside of the states. Still not decided anyway.

(in reply to Zyrhe)
Post #: 31
- 8/21/2003 2:12:03 AM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

Hey Fred Quebec City is not all that far from the US border eh, surely for the right deal you can locate a "spot" to have a parcel dropped off at within reasonable distance.

Might take some imagination, but the price if right is hard to pass up on.

Sometimes people really do just turf things they no longer want and for peanuts.

Got me two boxes of models here shipped to me their expense just cause he was being nice and all (which is soooooo much more convincing than comments to the contrary whether there are people out there that like my posts hehe).

Myself, I discovered the "ultimate" rolegame design a few years ago (well at the time I thought it was). Sadly now in retrospect, I sold off the entirety of my AD&D 2nd Edition inventory including a massive sum of Forgotten realms materials/modules for basically give away prices to local friends.
Only now do I see how dumb I was, the stuff has become sought after collectors items. Oh well.

But yep, people sometimes sell things for way below what the market considers them to be worth.

I know of a couple of people in the US though, people I call reliable friends. I routinely interact with them. While Matrix games is rapidly getting their foot in the door outside the US, I still find using creative mail options a good idea.

I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.

(in reply to Zyrhe)
Post #: 32
- 8/21/2003 2:39:30 AM   
Eric Young

Multi- Man Publishing is the place to go for ASL now, as an added bonus it is owned by Kurt Schilling.

http://www.multimanpublishing.com/ASL/asl.php

Campaign for North Africa by SPI is by far the most complex board game I have.

Single tanks, guns, and squads in all of the North African war with supply rules that take a seperate player to run is something to behold.

E

"If I did unto others as they did unto me I would be a horrible person." -Kari Thorsen

(in reply to Zyrhe)
Post #: 33
- 8/21/2003 3:04:26 AM   
Fredflak

Yeah, I checked their web site first when I was looking for it. But they have been out of stock on some of the things I want for quite some time. Including the most important part, the rules. :)

(in reply to Zyrhe)
Post #: 34
- 8/25/2003 11:29:48 PM   
HitMan52

[QUOTE=Zyrhe]I've still got my copy of Strategic Publications, Inc.'s 1976 publication of War in Europe. Anyone remember that one? For the campaign game it has 8 or 9 large maps that it would require 2 4x8 sheets of plywood in order to lay them all out. If memory serves, the game has over 2,000 counters and 4 separate rule books.

I was never actually able to find anyone else willing to take the time to learn how to play it, so it remains a virgin.

It is possible that there exists a more complex simulation than that?

Zyrhe[/QUOTE]

I played that game at least 3 time with about 5-6 other friends. Set up the game in my garage on saw horses supporting the plywood table and covered the maps with 1/4" plexiglass. Amazing game, however SPI's "War in the Pacific", in my opinion was more complex. It was approximately the same sized as WIE encompasing the entire Pacific Ocean and Asia. Couldn't get anyone to play since my regular gamer friends who loved WIE couldn't line up their divisions and calculate overrun odds. WIP was extremly fluid and had a basic hidden movement rules that kept everyone guessing where your carriers were.

SPI was a great company and their board games were well designed and researched.

(in reply to Zyrhe)
Post #: 35
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote