Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: What is your ONE must have item?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> RE: What is your ONE must have item? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What is your ONE must have item? - 3/17/2021 7:41:36 AM   
mark dolby

I have asked about the possibility of Italian pilots continuing their career once the RSI units start to come on line. Generally playing Axis, I have had many Italian aces before the armistice date (which I have pointed out is wrong and should be changed!) and even had pilots who flew for the RSI killed before armistice only to fly again in '44. The Italian planes and pilots do very well in this game, pity I cannot make more use of them!
I know Richard, I am rambling off my 'one' thing!!

(in reply to RichardL58)
Post #: 31
RE: What is your ONE must have item? - 3/17/2021 11:09:55 AM   
RichardL58

quote:

ORIGINAL: mark dolby

I have asked about the possibility of Italian pilots continuing their career once the RSI units start to come on line. Generally playing Axis, I have had many Italian aces before the armistice date (which I have pointed out is wrong and should be changed!) and even had pilots who flew for the RSI killed before armistice only to fly again in '44. The Italian planes and pilots do very well in this game, pity I cannot make more use of them!
I know Richard, I am rambling off my 'one' thing!!

I make good use of the Italian planes after the armistice, switching all Italian industries to produce only G55 Centauro and Re2005 Sagittario, and equipping the Hungarians and Romainians with those. Although there is a shortage of Fiat engines.

(in reply to mark dolby)
Post #: 32
RE: What is your ONE must have item? - 4/7/2021 3:01:08 AM   
kaybayray

Warshipbuilder <S> Sir

The ONE thing I would like is to have the existing "Unofficial Editor" (Version 1.15 for Excel) corrected to operate on 64bit systems as that is what most of us run now. When the game was first released by Talonsoft most were running Win 98 XL. With the advent of Matrix rebuild most of us went to 32bit OS's.

My searches of this forum have shown the existence of a corrected V 1.15 that has cleared up the error on 64bit systems. If this is correct I don't see any Development Resources required. IMHO it is only a matter of logistics. IE: Post it to the forum.

OR, if somebody knows how to go about correcting the editor for 64bit systems, please explain how to go about doing that.

This is my ONE singular desire. Other than this I am very happy with all the great work that those at Matrix have done with this fantastic game that just keeps getting better and better. I Salute those that have been working on this. I have and am still having wonderful times playing it.

<S> KayBay

It's all Mind Over Matter....
If you dont mind... It dont matter

(in reply to RichardL58)
Post #: 33
RE: What is your ONE must have item? - 4/7/2021 12:56:49 PM   
simovitch

quote:

"Unofficial Editor" (Version 1.15 for Excel) corrected to operate on 64bit systems as that is what most of us run now

Can you tell me what the benefits are to doing this? The editor has gone through several "behind the scenes" modifications to enable me to load save games with the newer patches. I'm on a 64 bit system and things seem to work fine, but somewhat slow I guess.

simovitch

(in reply to kaybayray)
Post #: 34
RE: What is your ONE must have item? - 4/11/2021 3:24:03 AM   
palioboy2

quote:

ORIGINAL: simovitch

quote:

"Unofficial Editor" (Version 1.15 for Excel) corrected to operate on 64bit systems as that is what most of us run now

Can you tell me what the benefits are to doing this? The editor has gone through several "behind the scenes" modifications to enable me to load save games with the newer patches. I'm on a 64 bit system and things seem to work fine, but somewhat slow I guess.

Mine is almost unusable, I have to make sure to not scroll over any of the function buttons because if I do I get that error messages that forces me into another screen. It also doesn't show any of the charted data for aircraft performance compared to altitude and a bunch of other stuff. I just want to be able to use it to look at aircraft data in more detail along with production numbers and such for allied aircraft.

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 35
RE: What is your ONE must have item? - 4/11/2021 11:11:48 PM   
kaybayray

simovitch <S> sir

What I am interested in doing is modifying the Aircraft specification numbers on the spreadsheet that has the various values characterizing the aircraft in the game. These would be values, for example, such as Endurance, Cruise Speed, etc... the numbers that represent what the aircraft is able to do. I have modified these values in previous years for my own curiosity in my personal campaigns. Just to see "What If". I made a living asking this question and seeking the various forms of answers to it.

I don't mod for the community as that is far beyond my curiosity level and I have no desire to rebuild this game into something different. I do know there are many that have actively produced various Mod's to it and they were supported by the Matrix staff with technical advice and insight. IMHO these people represent the central interest core of the following for this game. These players, and in some minor way, include me, have attempted to contribute to the passion for this game. Since now it appears that this group of interested community are no longer able to pursue these passions without this "Unofficial Editor" being repaired or the community learning how to overcome this technical hurdle, I am stating this as my "ONE REQUEST" that I see would benefit this community, myself and this game.

This, to me, would be the benefit of correcting this issue.

I have no idea how trivial or how inundating this task is as i have almost no knowledge of computer programming.

For what it's worth, this is my argument.

Kind Regards,

KayBay

It's all Mind Over Matter....
If you dont mind... It dont matter

(in reply to palioboy2)
Post #: 36
RE: What is your ONE must have item? - 4/26/2021 9:13:32 AM   
langleyCV1

quote:

ORIGINAL: mark dolby

This is mine.
Pilot history.
Basically a button next to the pilot in the pilot roster. This would access a history of the pilot career, specifically mission number, date of mission, victory number, kill record including type flown and type destroyed. The mission number could be left out as many missions would be otherwise blank or just used when a victory is scored. It would be nice to see any double/triple victories etc by pilots.

I second this suggestion excellent idea.

"My God, I hope you don't blame me for this. I had no idea where you were."
Air Vice-marshal Pulford upon the loss of "Force Z"

(in reply to mark dolby)
Post #: 37
RE: What is your ONE must have item? - 4/30/2021 11:56:53 PM   
Tinstaafl

Integrated editor module.

If not possible, then a version of the existing "Unofficial Editor" (Version 1.15 for Excel) working with OpenOffice, LibreOffice or Google Docs. Many of us no longer use MSOffice, and the macros are not compatible with freeware alternatives, making the editor practically unusable, AFAIK.

(in reply to RichardL58)
Post #: 38
RE: What is your ONE must have item? - 5/1/2021 6:05:49 AM   
palioboy2

I just discovered that you can download a 32 bit version of Office 365 that it works with. There is an option to pay 10 dollars a month if you are interested in that, Im not sure what it cost to pay for the program straight up.

(in reply to Tinstaafl)
Post #: 39
RE: What is your ONE must have item? - 5/1/2021 11:05:43 AM   
Tinstaafl

That's the point. I'm a very satisfied user of LibreOffice and I'm certainly not willing to subscribe to/buy MS Office just to use the editor.

And I'm pretty sure, that I'm not the only one here, that is not using Office 365. Even in the corporate market Office 365 has only close to 41% share with Google dominating the market.

(in reply to palioboy2)
Post #: 40
RE: What is your ONE must have item? - 5/1/2021 4:24:50 PM   
palioboy2

Is there an option to install a 32 bit version of LibreOffice? I couldn't find one. I've read a few articles about what would need to be done to update the macro coding to allow it to be ported over to a 64 bit program and it didn't sound like it would be too hard for somebody with some experience. It's unfortunately a little bit beyond my knowledge base and I already had a subscription to 365 so that was a much easier option for me.

(in reply to Tinstaafl)
Post #: 41
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> RE: What is your ONE must have item? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI