Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Fired units showing new combat ability without overrun

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Korsun Pocket Support >> Fired units showing new combat ability without overrun Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Fired units showing new combat ability without overrun - 8/22/2003 11:28:35 PM   
Adam Parker

In the attached zip it's turn 2 of the full campaign. The Russian 78th Gd Inf in hex 59,38 has combated. When moving the mouse over another German strongpoint, the combat capable cursor goes active. Clicking on the strongpoint brings up the full combat planning screen allowing a combat to be established with 5-1 odds using the 78th with arty help. Yet despite the odds, no execute button shows... a check of the 78th's unit info reveals greyed attack bars as expected.

IOW it looks like the 78th 's combat activity is being recorded correctly in its unit window but something is allowing combat planning to remain active as if a second combat with these units is indeed possible.

This is not occuring with every unit. Some correctly show a no-combat cursor after a battle not resulting in overrun, as expected.

Trust the zip has attached correctly.
Adam.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
- 8/23/2003 6:26:42 AM   
Rob Gjessing

No thats not a bug at all. What is happening is this.

When you put the cursor over the strongpoint that you want to attack (58,37) the cursor changes and reports yes there is a valid combat against that hex, so therefore changes appropriately and brings up the combat panel.

The reason that it is a valid combat is that there are units in hex 59,37 that can attack it.

Because you only have the units in stack in 59,38 selected though - the computer knows that these units have already attacked and therefore cant attack again - thus the execute combat button is not active. If you go and manually select (or press Max) the units in 59,37 you will be able to attack.

In summary, I say its not a bug because, even though your active units are the stack in 59,38 - and they have already attacked - when you put the cursor over 58,37, the engine correctly reports this as a valid combat. It is looking at that hex (58,37) and says, yep right its a valid combat because there are units right now that can attack it (59,37). The info (combat cursor) is valid for THAT hex not what stack is selected.

Follow?

(in reply to Adam Parker)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Korsun Pocket Support >> Fired units showing new combat ability without overrun Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI