Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gunnulf(S)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> After Action Reports >> RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gunnulf(S) Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gu... - 4/20/2021 5:37:49 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 6

Pskov area

More move to front. This front will be static for a turn more but I hold almost all of the dual track which was my goal. Looks good. I still have housekeeping to do with my HQ's and things, plus move air around(this is for all the fronts).

Attachment (1)

(in reply to HardLuckYetAgain)
Post #: 271
RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gu... - 4/20/2021 5:40:17 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 6

More movement to front but should be done next turn and may start attacking again here. More than likely wait one more turn for more supplies which is getting closer every turn. Just no rain please. All my games seem like it is perpetual rain.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 272
RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gu... - 4/20/2021 5:41:37 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Crap, I have an appointment. Be back to finish this up in a bit.

Post #: 273
RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gu... - 4/20/2021 6:57:26 PM   
M60A3TTS

quote:

ORIGINAL: HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 6
Just no rain please. All my games seem like it is perpetual rain.

The Soviet player will see much the same in 1943-44. What goes around, comes around as they say.

Post #: 274
RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gu... - 4/20/2021 7:06:12 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: M60A3TTS

quote:

Turn 6
Just no rain please. All my games seem like it is perpetual rain.

The Soviet player will see much the same in 1943-44. What goes around, comes around as they say.

I normally try and not have my games go that long if I am playing Germany ;-) Thus it needs to stop raining!!!! Now my Bobo game may because of what I am trying to accomplish but we will see.

(in reply to M60A3TTS)
Post #: 275
RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gu... - 4/20/2021 7:09:18 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 6

Vitebsk

Just as German Recon showed, the way was open for the PZ's. I encircle another 4 divisions. Move more PZ's & Moto's into the area west of Vitebsk and close to Rail line now.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 276
RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gu... - 4/20/2021 7:11:12 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 6

Belorussia

The regiments finally move out, CHARGE!

Attachment (1)

Post #: 277
RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gu... - 4/20/2021 7:15:29 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 6

Kiev

Was able to route another Airborne brigade on the river to surround another infantry division. 8 Inf divisions getting CPP for the coming attack on Kiev. Estimate 12 Inf Divisions plus in City. If a city fort in the city could be up to 10 more. We shall go with 12 at the moment. Thus this 12 + 4 in the center + 20 some in Leningrad should be thinning out the Soviets. Only problem is it is taking a great many of my resources to contain and deal with.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by HardLuckYetAgain -- 4/20/2021 7:19:44 PM >

Post #: 278
RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gu... - 4/20/2021 7:24:47 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 6

Odessa

I have gotten good at knocking out City Forts in one turn worth of attacks. All units are prepped and ready to go with full CPP. Odessa will fall next turn for sure.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 279
RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gu... - 4/20/2021 7:40:18 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 6

Ground Losses

I have close to 40 division surrounded not including whatever is in Odessa. Odessa could have up to 10 divisions more.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 280
RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gu... - 4/20/2021 7:42:41 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 6

Air Losses

I caused the extra air losses by over recon'ing :( I could have easily cut this in half and gotten the same result but I half arsed this together. Next time I will take my time.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 281
RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gu... - 4/20/2021 7:44:11 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 6

OOB

Soviets still have 450,000 in reserves :(

Attachment (1)

Post #: 282
RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gu... - 4/20/2021 8:44:49 PM   
M60A3TTS

quote:

Turn 6

OOB

Which means that 450,000 members of the Red Army aren't defending a single hex.

Post #: 283
RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gu... - 4/20/2021 9:47:52 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: M60A3TTS

quote:

Turn 6

OOB

Which means that 450,000 members of the Red Army aren't defending a single hex.

That is GOOD for me but BAD too!!! Bad in that 450,000 screaming yelling Soviets can show up in front of my azz where Im pushing. That isn't fun. So them still being in reserve with what he has on the map is a threat enough, but that is just me.

(in reply to M60A3TTS)
Post #: 284
RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gu... - 4/20/2021 11:31:20 PM   
Francophile

Having a blast following this AAR. I played a lot of WITE-1 and have just started to digest this version. Interested in seeing how this northern focus pans out. Getting the Finns in play and not having to surround Leningrad pays huge dividends in shortening the German line during the first winter. But, want to see how this plays out in terms of creating the big pockets that are needed to keep the Red Army size manageable. And are the PZGs located in a place to pressure Moscow? Can't wait to see.

< Message edited by Francophile -- 4/21/2021 12:51:25 AM >

Post #: 285
RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gu... - 4/21/2021 12:54:18 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: Francophile

Having a blast following this AAR. I played a lot of FITE-1 and have just started to digest this version. Interested in seeing how this northern focus pans out. Getting the Finns in play and not having to surround Leningrad pays huge dividends in shortening the German line during the first winter. But, want to see how this plays out in terms of creating the big pockets that are needed to keep the Red Army size manageable. And are the PZGs located in a place to pressure Moscow? Can't wait to see.

You only have a chance of getting some Finns into play. :( Also the Terrain is HORRID for rail conversion & that is why it is imperative to at least have it under control. THEN to convert that rail as quickly as possible before rain. I didn't have that fully the first time I did this in my first BETA AAR about 2 months ago and by the time I did have the rail the late rains killed rail conversion (2 hex conversion vs 6 to 8 hexes, YUK). The railyards in Leningrad "push" freight like there is no tomorrow once taken. Just check out the level 2 railyards there ;-) This should be able to sustain a good drive on the Northern approach to Moscow which I still have plenty of time to do.

You should have noticed I have re-positioned PZ's & some Moto to the Central area of the Map now around Vitebsk. That offense should kick off turn 7 or turn 8 at the latest. Right after that kicks off 3rd Panzer should be ready turn 8 or 9 at the latest to start driving on Northern Moscow. Soviets will get pushed from North and East for Moscow. The South on the other hand is well... still undecided. But 11th Army has more than enough time to take Sevestopol. Did it easily in the BETA AAR with 11th Army alone. But all depends on what the Soviets put there. Should be interesting.

(in reply to Francophile)
Post #: 286
RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gu... - 4/21/2021 1:00:19 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

But, want to see how this plays out in terms of creating the big pockets that are needed to keep the Red Army size manageable. And are the PZGs located in a place to pressure Moscow? Can't wait to see.

You don't need big pockets all the time now either. When the Soviet line hardens and your German infantry can Deliberate attack you can cause "massive" casualties to the Soviets in 41. That Soviet line always hardens around Moscow ;-) Right now there is a race for me to beat the Soviet Nov reinforcements :(

Post #: 287
RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gu... - 4/21/2021 1:05:23 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

I believe I did 3,800,000 casualties (+/- couple 100,000) in the BETA AAR game and still felt like the Soviets were never-ending :( But in that game the Soviets completely abandoned the North, which is a really smart thing to do because I really couldn't convert the rail and I wouldn't go past the 3 hex wagon supply I did have on the converted dual track, lol.

Post #: 288
RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gu... - 4/21/2021 7:46:48 AM   
loki100

quote:

quote:

But, want to see how this plays out in terms of creating the big pockets that are needed to keep the Red Army size manageable. And are the PZGs located in a place to pressure Moscow? Can't wait to see.

You don't need big pockets all the time now either. When the Soviet line hardens and your German infantry can Deliberate attack you can cause "massive" casualties to the Soviets in 41. That Soviet line always hardens around Moscow ;-) Right now there is a race for me to beat the Soviet Nov reinforcements :(

concur, I'm really surprised how much damage fairly well rested infantry can do, but its a bit pac-man like the way they eat into a Soviet defensive line.

other good thing, start near 100 CPP, attack to drop to 50, if in an assault front and no more moves (so own territory/not ZOC) you get 25 CPP back for next turn. As so often in WiTE2, not pushing to the limits really can pay off. But this you can sustain for 3-4 turns before you really run out of offensive power

Post #: 289
RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gu... - 4/21/2021 3:33:56 PM   
Iam5not8

I really appreciate how the CPP represents how difficult it is to maintain / sustain an offensive.
Then you need to plan / think the rotation odf your assaulting units, also the reserve...

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 290
RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gu... - 4/21/2021 3:57:00 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: Iam5not8

I really appreciate how the CPP represents how difficult it is to maintain / sustain an offensive.
Then you need to plan / think the rotation odf your assaulting units, also the reserve...

This is so true! Plus the longer you push the longer it takes to recover those points.

(in reply to Iam5not8)
Post #: 291
RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gu... - 4/22/2021 7:27:23 AM   
Floxolydian

Loving the Real Time Updates! Really thrilling!!

Post #: 292
RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gu... - 4/22/2021 7:54:22 AM   
Nix77

quote:

I believe I did 3,800,000 casualties (+/- couple 100,000) in the BETA AAR game and still felt like the Soviets were never-ending :( But in that game the Soviets completely abandoned the North, which is a really smart thing to do because I really couldn't convert the rail and I wouldn't go past the 3 hex wagon supply I did have on the converted dual track, lol.

Since recon is no more the spammable tool it used to be in WitE1, I'd say that completely abandoning any area on the map is throwing away golden chances to derail the opponent. Having some units all over the front will keep the opponent guessing and making wild assumptions. Meanwhile you should of course maintain and position your main forces following the greater strategic goals.

I'm not fan of running away with the Red Army, which will probably get me into huge trouble versus human opponent :D

Post #: 293
RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gu... - 4/22/2021 7:55:50 AM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nix77

quote:

Since recon is no more the spammable tool it used to be in WitE1, I'd say that completely abandoning any area on the map is throwing away golden chances to derail the opponent. Having some units all over the front will keep the opponent guessing and making wild assumptions. Meanwhile you should of course maintain and position your main forces following the greater strategic goals.

I'm not fan of running away with the Red Army, which will probably get me into huge trouble versus human opponent :D

actually SpeedySteve is doing that to me very effectively, I keep on having to use some units just to do ground recon and then rethink my larger moves in consequence. It is very very annoying

(in reply to Nix77)
Post #: 294
RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gu... - 4/22/2021 1:34:52 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nix77

quote:

There is literally "NOTHING" the Germans can do in the North if the Soviets Abandoned the North after Leningrad falls. UNLESS the Germans want to bring up one of their valuable FBDs and convert the rail to Chervopots. Literally NOTHING if you want to save on trucks and supply that deep without rail and not use a valuable FBD. Try and it and let me know. Now having said that I hardly "ever" leave a gap that is wide in my line as Germans. I will have interlocking ZoC's all the time. If I do leave a gap it is for the greater good somewhere else and I am taking a high risk chance.

As for recon the Germans & Soviets have the recon the Soviets had in WITE1. You pretty much know the counter and what the make up is. But in the Early game that is all I need to plan an offense very effectively. You can easily tell the Soviet defense with a good recon in the game.

(in reply to Nix77)
Post #: 295
RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gu... - 4/22/2021 6:43:42 PM   
Francophile

Ummm, build forts? Lots of 'em. Three hexes east of the Moscow/Leningrad double track. Then sit.

I still can't believe the real Germans actually made it to Tikhvin.

< Message edited by Francophile -- 4/22/2021 7:48:10 PM >

Post #: 296
RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gu... - 4/27/2021 1:22:42 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 7

Weather!!!

Attachment (1)

Post #: 297
RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gu... - 4/27/2021 1:23:20 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 7

Events!!!

Partisans now active :(

Attachment (1)

Post #: 298
RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gu... - 4/27/2021 1:25:27 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 7 Beginning of Turn

North

Soviets swarming the top port. Will add the armor to the SS Regiment for extra ummmph.

I am in a hurry so no time to wait for CPP. Will be attacking this turn. Soviets already cut off a few turns so should not be as bad. Wish me luck.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 299
RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gu... - 4/27/2021 1:27:22 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 7 Beginning of Turn

Pskov Area

One more turn of consolidation here. Maybe an attack or two. Next turn we should be able to start attacking again. CPP here is gaining nicely.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 300
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> After Action Reports >> RE: The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gunnulf(S) Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI