Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 8/26/2003 11:38:23 PM   
Capitaine

I use a 17" NEC flat screen monitor and the detail simply is too small for me to enjoy fully. I loved the look of TAO and thought the size of the counters there was perfect for the detail they contained. You could easily see the unit size, type, badge and "camo" pattern w/o a problem.

Would've enjoyed a "zoom out" feature in TAO to where KP is now, but that wasn't necessary. But I find a "zoom in" feature on KP very, very desirable to the point where the tininess of the unit counters and picking out the more detailed (than TAO) terrain features is problematic.

Might be a fixed resolution, but many such games have a zoom feature. Most likely if there was one, I would use it exclusively and only zoom out to the current view briefly to get an overview. TAO had the perfect size counters irrespective of "resolution".

(in reply to soeren)
Post #: 1
- 8/27/2003 9:43:27 PM   
Sonny

[QUOTE=soeren]I played it on an 21" Monitor, and believe me, a zoom would have helped my poor eyes a lot.[/QUOTE]

O.K. so here is what I have surmised from all of this:

SSG developers and Adam Parker have good eyesight.

Soeren and I (and several otheres) do not have quite as good eyesight.

:D

Quote from Snigbert -

"If you mess with the historical accuracy, you're going to have ahistorical outcomes."

"I'll say it again for Sonny's sake: If you mess with historical accuracy, you're going to have
ahistorical outcomes. "

(in reply to soeren)
Post #: 2
- 8/27/2003 9:44:11 PM   
Sonny

[QUOTE=soeren]I played it on an 21" Monitor, and believe me, a zoom would have helped my poor eyes a lot.[/QUOTE]

O.K. so here is what I have surmised from all of this:

SSG developers and Adam Parker have good eyesight.

Soeren and I (and several others) do not have quite as good eyesight.

:D

Quote from Snigbert -

"If you mess with the historical accuracy, you're going to have ahistorical outcomes."

"I'll say it again for Sonny's sake: If you mess with historical accuracy, you're going to have
ahistorical outcomes. "

(in reply to soeren)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI