Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> After Action Reports >> RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/29/2021 10:48:24 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 7 Ground Phase (No Delay)

Here is a mobile force over the river above Kiev. Granted they will probably get bombed and maybe even get attacked but the defense is pretty nice where I am at. But the Soviet may need to retreat from what happened to Gomel if they don't have reserve forces in the area. I did not recon so I am driving blind here on what the Soviet have. My experience tells me most of the Soviet units are around Moscow. But recon in the south says the far south is too heavily defended on how I am pushing there. But that is just my 2 cents back seat driving.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to HardLuckYetAgain)
Post #: 301
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/29/2021 10:48:51 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Thank GAWD the 504 BAD GATEWAY error has gone away. That was annoying.

Post #: 302
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/29/2021 10:52:53 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Here is the whole picture from the last 3. Marked in red X are the extra MP's the Soviet units will have to pay. See what the Soviets do next turn. Either way Im across the river in 2 places and I LOVE playing in Dense terrain with the Soviets. Come on out I have Kkkkkkandy....

Attachment (1)

Post #: 303
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/29/2021 10:57:13 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Airborne Hasty and retreated over river.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 304
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/29/2021 10:59:28 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

This was on accident since I wanted to hasty again. Accidently did a deliberate attack, lol. The Airborne unit vaporized. Was pure accident there.

Plus Jubjub has been putting may Airborne Brigades as SU's in his Divisions. Not a bad thing to do.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 305
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/29/2021 11:07:06 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

I Deliberate attack Gomel with 3 inf Division. I had set up everything last turn for the attack if there was a Soviet Division there. A Soviet Division was there and boy did the Soviet Division get hit hard. I believe the Division not to have many men left after that attack and will be out of action for awhile. Again, I believe the Soviets don't have other units in the area, which I could be wrong since I did not recon, so either they will have to bring in units to hold ground or retreat. But I have Mobile in the area now and can't cheese the front line with a Soviet unit every other hex. I feel some Soviet units coming out of Reserve very soon.

Of course a Soviet unit marked with an X is still hidden but the black hole effect of ZOC is shown. Next turn gets a good recon this area. I am hunting Soviet units!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by HardLuckYetAgain -- 8/29/2021 11:11:27 PM >

Post #: 306
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/29/2021 11:17:46 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

I am moving my infantry forward and move next to this area. What is this? CAV!!! I hate Soviet CAV. I go out of my way for Soviet CAV. I bet someone is trying to be tricksy.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by HardLuckYetAgain -- 8/29/2021 11:19:31 PM >

Post #: 307
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/29/2021 11:40:22 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

I creep forward another PZ division to surround the forward infantry marked in yellow. OMG!!! Another CAV in the way. The Soviet player is up to tricks 100%! Things almost always happen in 3's. Lets check further to the east for another CAV.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 308
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/29/2021 11:43:54 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Sure enough another freaking CAV!!!(arrow in orange for 3 Soviet CAV) The Soviet player meant to infiltrate my backfield (I don't blame him I would do the same). Well instead of waiting until next turn I launch my offense SouthEast of Smolensk turn 7. Time to try and bag some Soviet Divisions.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 309
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/30/2021 12:22:10 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Been resting & have on refit the units circled in yellow for up to the past 2 turns. Most units back up in the 90's TOE Wanted to wait one more turn before launching SouthEast Offensive but going this turn.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 310
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/30/2021 12:29:03 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Bring Regiment 3/6 and do a Deliberate attack easily route the Cav Division.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 311
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/30/2021 12:35:24 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Bring up 2/14 Moto regiment and park in the swamp. 3rd & 17th PZ have a very good chance of moving Cav divisions on there own. I will do 14th PZ first so I can get zoc on the middle Cav retreat path.

Attachment (2)

< Message edited by HardLuckYetAgain -- 8/30/2021 12:36:20 AM >

Post #: 312
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/30/2021 12:37:21 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

17th PZ easily makes the Cav Division retreat.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 313
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/30/2021 12:39:21 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

18th PZ occupies the vacated hex and low on MPs to advance to another ZOC, few points short :(

Attachment (1)

Post #: 314
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/30/2021 12:41:17 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

3rd PZ attacks and easily retreats the Cav Division.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 315
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/30/2021 12:47:56 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

1st PZ occupies the vacated Cav Hex. The offense SouthEast of Smolensk is on. I finish out the rest of the moves and put other Soviets in multiple ZOC movement marked with red X. I should bag a unit or two more next turn but don't know 100% since I did not recon the area. Yes, I am kicking myself in the ass for not doing so but I moved a turn early on this offense because I found CAV in the area. Will see how the Soviets react but at long as I get more Soviet units for the meat grinder the better.

I normally only show Divisions on a push through but feel ok with the rested Regiments where they are. I really don't think the Soviets have any backup here. We shall see.

3 Rifle Divisions and a Cav Division so far surrounded. I am pretty confident these will stay surrounded. 5 with MP restrictions on how far they can go. See how that works out.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by HardLuckYetAgain -- 8/30/2021 12:52:06 AM >

Post #: 316
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/30/2021 1:13:25 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Center before moves

Based on the last 4 turns I now know how Jubjub sets up his defense. I don't recon and I want to play in the Dense woods. I can get a nice slashing attack from the south units too to support the push into the dense woods. This is all about grabbing Soviet units not penetration at the moment. Penetration will come in a few turns when(or if) the Soviets run out of units. He will have to pull them from somewhere. At least that is my hope. He still has 284,000 in reserves.

Ground support is on for fishing for Soviet fighters again :) See how many we catch.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 317
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/30/2021 1:20:02 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Center End Turn

Not showing all the moves but here is the end turn. No hex below Rzhev on the front line next to surrounded Soviet units has a defense value of less than 25. Will be hard for a counter attack to move them but still possible.

6 more Soviet Rifle Divisions surrounded this turn. Hope the line holds otherwise I will just enlarge the pocket if it doesn't.

The Fishing for Soviet Fighters working out pretty well.

Railhead is at Smolensk and one hex short of where the 4th PZ Army HQ is.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by HardLuckYetAgain -- 8/30/2021 1:46:18 AM >

Post #: 318
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/30/2021 1:25:18 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Air losses

Here are the air losses. As you can see the self inflicted losses to the Soviet air force along with my "fishing" for Soviet fighters is driving up the loss ratio. Mig-3 seems to have been what was on the menu for the German fighters. I lose 31 German fighters, mostly to Operational losses along with the 41 Rumanian from the Soviet bombing interception.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by HardLuckYetAgain -- 8/30/2021 1:27:01 AM >

Post #: 319
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/30/2021 1:33:28 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 7

Ground Losses

I was able to get 166,501 Soviet Losses. At least I am keeping them flat lined. I hope.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 320
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/30/2021 1:35:08 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 7

Showing flatline. Hoping for flatline. But need a dip down for sure though. Maybe next turn.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 321
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/30/2021 1:37:32 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 7

OOB

Attachment (1)

Post #: 322
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/30/2021 1:26:38 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hardradi

quote:

ORIGINAL: HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 6 End of Turn

Reflections
Seen here is my rail in the south going to connect the Southern rail out of Romania with the one out of Germany. This will complete the Odessa link next turn and will then re-pick up the dual rail towards Kiev. The Romania FBD will link up the two level 2 railyards between Lvov and Chernovtsy. This was one of my AD-HOC-Musings while I was away from the game. Will see how this works out :)

Not clear what you are doing here are you able to provide a full overview at this stage?

I will now go over my supply network in a bit detail, as promised, starting with the center of what I am doing to support operations. Here is a picture of the Center rail network with supporting Depots with supply received this turn. I also want to point out I now set large railyards, such as Minsk, as a level 4 depot and keep it there. This way the depot will start stockpiling supplies in Storage and I want to MAX that out.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by HardLuckYetAgain -- 8/30/2021 2:57:52 PM >

(in reply to Hardradi)
Post #: 323
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/30/2021 1:36:40 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 7

Supply continued

Here is a closer view. Please note on last picture the rail line is yellow in two places. I brought an infantry division down each one of those rail lines this turn thus the yellow color.

The rail line progression through VL is crazy slow. Not because of interdiction but because of dense woods. Just to get into the hex and convert the hex is 4 points. I mean come on they are traveling down a rail line for conversion not trekking through the forest building a new one but converting it. The conversion rate in my opinion should be changed for dense woods. When there is mud you will be lucky to get two hexes converted most of the time just one. A new look on dense woods rail conversion needs to be made in my opinion.

North rail in picture will hit the Airbase Nelidovo this turn.

Center rail line is at Smolensk

I have another FBD that is completing the rail link Between Polotsk south towards Minsk next turn to bring up a 3rd dual track connection in the center.

I have all forward depots set to 4. Now that I will finally have extra AP's next turn I will start doubling up front depots to have 2-3 on the front lines. This way I can place heavily depleted units directly on the depot with HQ without traveling many miles to get to one. In example in this picture you see one level 4 depot at Durovo. Next turn I will build another 2 depots. One to the NW and one to the SE and set to level 4. This way I can pull units to refit directly on top of these. Also note I built new Fighter Airfields at Durovo. I wanted one more airfield but ran out of AP's :(

Attachment (1)

Post #: 324
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/30/2021 1:40:24 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 7 End of Turn

Here are my depot throughputs in no particular order. Seems pretty good but I will let people tell me or not if the supply is good or not. This is closet functioning depot feeding 4th Army & 4th PZ

Attachment (1)

Post #: 325
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/30/2021 1:41:25 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 7 End of Turn

Here are my depot throughputs in no particular order. Seems pretty good but I will let people tell me or not if the supply is good or not.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 326
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/30/2021 1:44:23 PM   
smokindave34

This is very helpful HLYA - thank you. Do you put a higher priority on the "extra" front line depots than say leadership changes or support unit movement? I'm starting to think that all my admin points should be going to supply/logistics in '41.

Post #: 327
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/30/2021 1:49:13 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: smokindave34

This is very helpful HLYA - thank you. Do you put a higher priority on the "extra" front line depots than say leadership changes or support unit movement? I'm starting to think that all my admin points should be going to supply/logistics in '41.

You are welcome. Normally I dump all my points into Supply/logistics depots, construction engineers to repair damage railyard & port damage to get those level 2 railyards repaired. This game I did do a couple of leadership changes otherwise I concentrate 100% on just logistics. Without logistics you are dead in the water in my opinion. I am experimenting here and seems to be working pretty well so far. If anyone else has further insights I am all ears :)

(in reply to smokindave34)
Post #: 328
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/30/2021 1:50:00 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 7 End of Turn

Here are more of my depots throughputs in no particular order.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 329
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/30/2021 1:51:33 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 7 End of Turn

Here are more of my depots throughputs in no particular order.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 330
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> After Action Reports >> RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI