Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> After Action Reports >> RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 7/30/2021 11:24:42 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 2 (Real time update)

YUP, just an HQ like Recon said. The HQ displaced to the Soviet Airbase Hex to the NE. No leader died in the displacement.

Now to bring up a MOTO rgmt to start scouting that hex. Turn 2 I will chance attacks into Heavy woods but I will use combined arms to do so (no idea if combined arms is in this game but it is left over from my Europa series games ingrained in my head ;-) No Loki it is NOT left over from WITE1, it is much older!!!! )

Airfields still have planes on them.... Hmmmmm

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by HardLuckYetAgain -- 7/30/2021 11:25:17 PM >

(in reply to HardLuckYetAgain)
Post #: 31
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 7/30/2021 11:33:50 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Move up a Moto rgmt, then break my PZ Division down into Rgmts, then move PZ Rgmt then another next to the Soviet stack in the Heavy Woods. Found it to have 1 Soviet Rifle division & HQ's. I then put a FLAMM SU in both of the PZ rgmts and the PENIL bicycle SU in the MOTO rgmt.

Time to attack... OH first I have to make sure my HQ's are in range. Don't want this to fail!!!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by HardLuckYetAgain -- 7/30/2021 11:34:39 PM >

Post #: 32
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 7/30/2021 11:38:56 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 2 (real time update)

Attack succeeds & the Soviet Rifle division routes East marked in Orange. The two HQ's displace to the light blue arrows.

FLAMM is nice ;-)

Attachment (1)

Post #: 33
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 7/30/2021 11:39:55 PM   
Rosencrantus

quote:

ORIGINAL: HardLuckYetAgain

YUP, just an HQ like Recon said. The HQ displaced to the Soviet Airbase Hex to the NE. No leader died in the displacement.

Now to bring up a MOTO rgmt to start scouting that hex. Turn 2 I will chance attacks into Heavy woods but I will use combined arms to do so (no idea if combined arms is in this game but it is left over from my Europa series games ingrained in my head ;-) No Loki it is NOT left over from WITE1, it is much older!!!! )

When you kill a leader you get a pop-up saying so right? I remember getting something like that once but usually when I displaced enemy HQs I rarely get anything.

Post #: 34
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 7/30/2021 11:41:12 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Have been informed by my superior(wife) that it is time to eat. When she commands I obey. Be back in an hour to finish this off.

Post #: 35
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 7/31/2021 12:04:30 AM   
Gam3r

quote:

JubJub made a big mistake. Leaving gaps not a good idea.

In my other game, lone fort unit around Kiev subordinated to Stavka, surpisingly, get reinforced from SW front units, so it cost 3 hasty attack to Axis to actualy take that hex.

2 line front behind a river could waste much more of enemy MP.

Post #: 36
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 7/31/2021 12:09:50 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rosencrantus

quote:

When you kill a leader you get a pop-up saying so right? I remember getting something like that once but usually when I displaced enemy HQs I rarely get anything.

You will get a pop-up, unless they changed in the last two months I have been gone. Plus used to kill on average 3 leaders clearing out the pockets T2, which I have yet to do. Hope they have fixed it :)

(in reply to Rosencrantus)
Post #: 37
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 7/31/2021 12:13:02 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gam3r

quote:

JubJub made a big mistake. Leaving gaps not a good idea.

In my other game, lone fort unit around Kiev subordinated to Stavka, surpisingly, get reinforced from SW front units, so it cost 3 hasty attack to Axis to actualy take that hex.

2 line front behind a river could waste much more of enemy MP.

The Soviet player doesn't have a lot of units and MP's are pretty restrictive 1st turn. He did good and I would change what was in that Rough hex for sure. Most of the units are local but does tell me some other things though. I am pretty sure there are a great many Soviets heading North because of my opening heavily weighted this way.

(in reply to Gam3r)
Post #: 38
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 7/31/2021 12:25:42 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

ALMOST, but no cigar. Can't complete the encirclement. But the units are pinned in and only a matter of time for them, I hope....

Now to make the noose tighter around Pskov.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 39
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 7/31/2021 12:36:52 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Noose is tightening... Will the end result be enough? I am sure some will get out. Infantry on the front lines turn 3 for me so we shall see.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 40
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 7/31/2021 1:22:56 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

One viable way out for the Soviets in the Pskov semi-closed pocket.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 41
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 7/31/2021 1:25:15 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

I guess this looks sort of looks like a heart.

Much love!!!!

I guess I have a morbid sense of humor.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 42
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 7/31/2021 1:30:39 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Ok, going to do the rest of the turn without posting that way I can get to the next game. Will post later or tomorrow.

Thank you for reading my incoherent ramblings.

Post #: 43
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 7/31/2021 4:43:17 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rosencrantus

quote:

You will get a pop-up, unless they changed in the last two months I have been gone. Plus used to kill on average 3 leaders clearing out the pockets T2, which I have yet to do. Hope they have fixed it :)

I have seen two leader deaths happen to the Soviets from HQ's displacement(26th Army). The first death for the Soviets wasn't so bad marked one on the map after forcing a surrender in the pocket. I displaced this same HQ because of where it was on the map then when I displaced where I have two marked on the map this caused the death of Vautin. He is a GREAT commander and will be sorely missed by the Soviets. The HQ displaced to circled lime green area yet again to a place I am going, I hope it doesn't cause another Soviet leader death since I feel bad already as is :( At least the displacement deaths have gone way down from what I have remembered.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 44
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 7/31/2021 6:22:44 AM   
jubjub

RIP Vatutin

< Message edited by jubjub -- 7/31/2021 3:26:00 PM >

Post #: 45
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 7/31/2021 1:10:35 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: jubjub

And

and... I went to bed after I made that post. I had an early morning conference call at 8am this Saturday morning. The HQ is still there but I will let you know if anything happens again.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jubjub)
Post #: 46
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 7/31/2021 3:53:03 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

RIP Vatutin

In my opinion the opening two turns should not see "GREAT" Soviet commanders killed in senseless HQ displacement. I have seen this many times playing the Germans and I know if I was in Jubjub's, or any Soviet player, I would be not be a very happy camper. I have been voicing my concerns on this since BETA and when enough see this hopefully we could get a solution.

(in reply to jubjub)
Post #: 47
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 7/31/2021 4:04:35 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

quote:

RIP Vatutin

In my opinion the opening two turns should not see "GREAT" Soviet commanders killed in senseless HQ displacement. I have seen this many times playing the Germans and I know if I was in Jubjub's, or any Soviet player, I would be not be a very happy camper. I have been voicing my concerns on this since BETA and when enough see this hopefully we could get a solution.

Have the HQ stay leaderless until the next turn while the new commander gets to the front. Give the HQ an arbitrary 4 in every stat until a new leader is appointed. At least the first few turns of the game this would be nice since all of the Soviet replacement commanders are of high quality.

Post #: 48
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/1/2021 5:13:49 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 2

Finally have a respite from work.

I cleared out the center of Soviets and the HQ's displaced to the towns the arrows point to. Then I follow up by grabbing land with the Infantry. The Soviets lost, I believe, 4 more commanders to deaths(it might have been only 3 since my wife was talking to me when I saw the 4th) So definitely 5 commander deaths in this game and possible 6. I do believe one of the Army groups got a good commander from a bad one for the Soviets so at least one was positive addition. But I do feel that the deaths are a bit high and may be just the way I am doing everything. /Shrug I am just pointing out what I am seeing.

I saw no commander deaths from the North pockets and I still have to finish off the South where I left it from two nights ago.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 49
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/1/2021 6:03:38 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 2

Near Pskov we sit next to the rail line with a PZ rgmt to not let the Soviets to rail units below for defense.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 50
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/1/2021 6:05:26 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 2

I am able to cut the two lines leading to VL in the picture.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 51
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/1/2021 6:09:43 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 2

With the interdict and cuts it keeps the Soviets from railing in any Soviets units to the North by this direct route. It also will start having any Soviets in the circled Orange area to have longer supply routes and not easily reinforced with more Soviet units.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by HardLuckYetAgain -- 8/1/2021 6:11:00 PM >

Post #: 52
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/1/2021 7:02:59 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 2

WHOOPS!!!

I attack into a swamp with tanks. I pay the Piper :(

Attachment (1)

Post #: 53
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/1/2021 7:06:10 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

Turn 2

WHOOPS!!!

I attack into a swamp with tanks. I pay the Piper :(

That was 1/8th of my tank losses for the game so far in that one battle :(

Post #: 54
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/3/2021 3:10:43 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 2

Reorganization

I spent a great deal of time reorganizing my Army. Here are my Army Groups frontage. Just realize that Army Group Center and Army Ground North have switched places for Command Area going forward.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 55
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/3/2021 5:00:33 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 2

Reorganization

I sent these bombers back for training to Fighters on turn 1. These BF-100's will be back turn 9. One of my "AD HOC MUSINGS" was to send the BF-110's in place of some of the BF-109's that leave the field(note that the BF-110's count as bombers so I will send bombers to that front for those bf-110 withdraws and follow that schedule accordingly) I wrote down all the data for all the fighters (and the bf-110) to keep track of it during all the turns going forward to mimic where these planes need to go. I feel the game probably only checks to see if you have a "FIGHTER" or "bomber" in that slot in the TF BOX for checking levels. Well the BF-110 is a fighter so would qualify in the TF BOX. Maybe I am wrong and the TF BOX check goes deeper. I will soon find out if it is worth the hassle of Micro managing all these planes from now until the end of the game. The plus side is I will get a few more good BF-109 squadrons the rest of the game and the Germans need every single good fighter they can get their hands on. Will see if the headache is worth it. I think I may be correct :) Enjoy the show (or catastrophe if I fail)

****Please note the below image is a stock photo from Turn 1, this is not from our game****

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by HardLuckYetAgain -- 8/3/2021 6:23:19 PM >

Post #: 56
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/3/2021 5:05:03 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Please realize I am playing with fire messing with the Reinforcement/Withdraw schedule. I could F*ck up everything :( But I WANT those good fighters badly.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 57
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/3/2021 5:07:44 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 2

I did forget to convert II.(Sch)/LG 2 to fighter status turn 1 and turn 2 :( I will put a sticky note on my forehead to remember. Seeing that sticky note on my forehead is another thing ;-P

Attachment (1)

Post #: 58
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/3/2021 5:20:48 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 2

This was the OOB from the end of turn 1. Please note the amount of Aircraft I have on the Field of battle. These are fighters only on the map. I sent all German Bombers to reserve. In the south I kept the Rumaninan bombers on the field. I also sent a great deal of Recon of the Germans to reserve. You just get way too many of them. I will bring them out later but I kept on map all that I need to just see a counter pop. I do this to free up more freight for my troops. Every little bit helps.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 59
RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub - 8/3/2021 5:32:08 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 2

This is a snippet from another picture while I was moving things to reserve since some of those recon squadrons have gone to reserve themselves. But I want to show my "whole" transport fleet has all moved North and attached to Luft 1 & Luft 2 for transport needs in the coming turns. The Hungarian TR will be used elsewhere.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> After Action Reports >> RE: Hell on Earth (Axis) HLYA vs (Soviet) JubJub Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI