Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

September Update

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> September Update Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
September Update - 9/3/2003 8:10:09 PM   
Marshall Ellis

Hello all:

Happy end of Summer to all you Northern Hemisphere folks and end of Winter to you Southern Hemisphere folks (Y'all).

Sorry to be a little late this month but at this late stage in development, there usually is not a lot of suprising information to release. Our testing is moving along at a slow pace and that is normal since fixes in the product this late in the development process require a lot of cross testing to make sure the ripple effect doesn't create problems in other parts of the game.

As far as the development stage goes, we are really trying to get the AI to play in a PBEM game and that is what is consuming most of our time at this point.

Couple of random questions on my mind that I have seen in other threads:

Naval Interceptions. YES! They are there BUT due to the nature of PBEM games, we had to change it a little so that you must give a naval unit orders to attempt to intercept. In order for PBEM play to be acceptable, you MUST be able to ALMOST play an entire turn BY YOURSELF without interaction from another player. You cannot wait or rely on someone to be at their computer at a certain time. Board games were designed to have all players at the same place at the same time.

I was a little intrigued to find some comments about our units??????? The unit designs haven't changed a whole lot in a YEAR and I thought most were OK with them???? As far as editing the units, YES you can edit them with almost any graphics program.

I would like to thank you all for your patience! This is one serious undertaking by Matrix! One that no one else WOULD take on so my hats are off to Matrix for taking on the migranes!

Thank you

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

Post #: 1
- 9/3/2003 8:19:43 PM   
mmurray821

Bravo, bravo.. Keep up the good work.

I am glad to hear about editing the unit icons. Heelllllloooooo furbies in british uniforms... j/k :D

(in reply to Marshall Ellis)
Post #: 2
- 9/4/2003 12:13:02 AM   
Nordiska

glad to hear all is going well. Thanks for the update. Think we can be given an update as to what options will be available in the game?

Post #: 3
- 9/4/2003 9:41:35 PM   
Nordiska

Both of the options sound good, how about an option to allow pre-war builds?

Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> September Update Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI