Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Missing in action

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Missing in action Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Missing in action - 11/28/2021 5:24:33 PM   
CyrusSpitama

I loved playing this game despite its heavy usage of real world time :) So glad to finally own my own copy. You see, a friend had given me his copy years back. He bought and played it very briefly then decided it wasn't for him. He gave me full use of his copy although I could not register it under my name. Well, in those intervening years my friend and I lost touch and don't really speak anymore. In the last two years I missed my game here but, 80 bucks was just a little steep for me considering other budget issues due to the covid shutdowns. Well, thanks to the Black Friday sale I now have my own copy and managed to install the game plus Tracker without major issues. Tracker itself was a problem but, a little persistence and reading fixed that :) HELLO EVERYBODY. I was not well known but, glad to be back in the community.

"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." - Arthur C. Clarke
Post #: 1
RE: Missing in action - 11/28/2021 5:29:06 PM   
CyrusSpitama

I have the base game and will be seeking the updated maps. I believe chemkid map's were the ones I used. Any issues with the base game and his maps these days?

"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." - Arthur C. Clarke

(in reply to CyrusSpitama)
Post #: 2
RE: Missing in action - 11/28/2021 5:46:35 PM   
Platoonist

quote:

ORIGINAL: CyrusSpitama

Any issues with the base game and his maps these days?

There should be none. You just replace the game's stock map panel bitmaps with his in the ART folder. I'd probably stay away from the extended maps for now.

Post #: 3
RE: Missing in action - 11/28/2021 5:50:02 PM   
CyrusSpitama

Thanks for the quick reply. I have a lot of reading to do to catch up to what I should do before diving into the game. I see there is a post for updated base game game maps as well. From what I am reading its not really any additional art. it is mostly just map fixes. Anyone know if the chemkid maps will play nicely with these fixes or are they sharing the same files and hence not compatible? P.S. I was a big fan of the Reluctant Admiral mod. Last I recall it did use the extended maps. A problem for another time though.

(in reply to Platoonist)
Post #: 4
RE: Missing in action - 11/28/2021 5:53:30 PM   
btd64

Welcome back....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

Post #: 5
RE: Missing in action - 11/28/2021 6:12:16 PM   
Platoonist

quote:

ORIGINAL: CyrusSpitama
Anyone know if the chemkid maps will play nicely with these fixes or are they sharing the same files and hence not compatible?

The maps are just art. Even if they were not 100% in agreement with the underlying hex code they wouldn't cause the game to crash or freeze or anything like that.

Have fun.

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Missing in action Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI